God forgets sins and does not get mad at us?

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rejecting God is the original; sin that created all other sins. If choosing to reject God is not a sin no other sins would exist.
?
The original sin was disobedience to God. Ultimately that's what wall sin boils down to.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Disobedience starts with rejection.
Ya'll are making this far more complicated than it needs to be.

Disobedience can come from things other than rejecting God. There is a connection, but they are not the same thing.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with this but the good news is you can't lose your salvation. You are saved from suffering in hell for all eternity.
Do you think the man in 1 Corinthians who had sex with his dad's wife thought he was saved from eternal punishment?
Sin causes your name to be removed from the book of life.
Salvation won't be assured till after one has stood before the judgement seat of Christ.
"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the man in 1 Corinthians who had sex with his dad's wife thought he was saved from eternal punishment?
Sin causes your name to removed from the book of life.
Salvation won't be assured till after one has stood before the judgement seat of Christ.
"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)

As for that man in 1st Corinthians i don't know how he felt and the Bible never says how he felt. Both christian and non christians have doubts all the time based on circumstances.

Yes sin/wickedness can in some cases cause your name to be removed from the book of life. (a Bible verse would be nice)

Salvation is assured when you accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross. This will save you from eternal suffering.

As for 1st Peter chapter 4
Those who didn't accept the gospel as it was proclaimed to them will in fact suffer in hell forever. You are right about that. I didn't read all of 1 Peter chapter 4 recently.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As for that man in 1st Corinthians i don't know how he felt and the Bible never says how he felt. Both christian and non christians have doubts all the time based on circumstances.
Paul exhorted the Corinthians to throw him out so the Spirit (church) would be saved ! (1 Cor 5:4-5)

Yes sin/wickedness can in some cases cause your name to be removed from the book of life. (a Bible verse would be nice)
SOME cases?
It is written..."He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." Rev 3:5)

Salvation is assured when you accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross. This will save you from eternal suffering.
Sinners show they have not "accepted" Jesus' sacrifice, with/by their rejection of love for God and for their neighbors.

As for 1st Peter chapter 4
Those who didn't accept the gospel as it was proclaimed to them will in fact suffer in hell forever. You are right about that. I didn't read all of 1 Peter chapter 4 recently.
If men had any respect for the One who suffered FOR THEIR SINS, they would never sin again.
How do the men saved by Medal of Honor winners feel about the man who suffered in their place?
Wouldn't they have enough love for him to not offend him in any way?
Those who sin after hearing the words of salvation are laughing in God's face.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul exhorted the Corinthians to throw him out so the Spirit (church) would be saved ! (1 Cor 5:4-5)

SOME cases?
It is written..."He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." Rev 3:5)

Sinners show they have not "accepted" Jesus' sacrifice, with/by their rejection of love for God and for their neighbors.

If men had any respect for the One who suffered FOR THEIR SINS, they would never sin again.
How do the men saved by Medal of Honor winners feel about the man who suffered in their place?
Wouldn't they have enough love for him to not offend him in any way?
Those who sin after hearing the words of salvation are laughing in God's face.

"Salvation is assured when you accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross. This will save you from eternal suffering." -m
"Sinners show they have not "accepted" Jesus' sacrifice, with/by their rejection of love for God and for their neighbors." -you

I would not say this is entirely Biblical. Do you have scriptural evidence for this?

As for the rest i would agree with it for the most part. Christians can't go to suffer in hell forever but they can be severely punished or disciplined for their sins.

Thank you Jesus Christ for looking after your christian sheep closely!!!

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Sinners show they have not "accepted" Jesus' sacrifice, with/by their rejection of love for God and for their neighbors." -you

I would not say this is entirely Biblical. Do you have scriptural evidence for this?
1 John 3:9-10 says..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."
Whosoever commits sin is not going to heaven.

As for the rest i would agree with it for the most part. Christians can't go to suffer in hell forever but they can be severely punished or disciplined for their sins.
What sins?
If they are reborn of Godly seed, the seed remains in them and they cannot commit sin.
Remember Jesus' parables about seed can only bring forth after its own kind? Fig trees cannot bear grapes? Grape vines cannot bear figs?
Why then can God's seed bear unGodliness?
Fact is, it can't.

(Use [QUOTE@@@] at the start of my second, third, and more paragraphs, and [QUOTE/@@@] at the end of all my paragraphs) Minus the @@@.
This "boxes" my words. You write between my "boxes".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 3:9-10 says..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."
Whosoever commits sin is not going to heaven.

What sins?
If they are reborn of Godly seed, the seed remains in them and they cannot commit sin.
Remember Jesus' parables about seed can only bring forth after its own kind? Fig trees cannot bear grapes? Grape vines cannot bear figs?
Why then can God's seed bear unGodliness?
Fact is, it can't.

(Use [QUOTE/@@@] at the end of my post and [QUOTE@@@] at the start of yours) Minus the @@@
if you would like see my current forum topic: "church authority on the issue of love"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Things that come not from the Father but man "once saved always saved, you can lose your salvation". Both no one can find written. Some only see this world the flesh. Salvation is not of this world..didnt come from you man but from a GOD. See for me when I read that which is born of God does not sin. I have to ask.. what was BORN OF GOD? I see my new spirit.. that is not of this world not in some TIME bubble.. how can I as a man undo what a GOD made new?

One must be wise to where they cast their pearls. See I read hear this "once saved always saved" and then "you can lose your salvation". In all love I have no clue what believer would think such things. I never have these thoughts. Well when I 1st got saved the enemy come to take the truth and tell me I am lost what ever.. some again only see the flesh..so I think they look at it like a simple choice something that can be undone by something they do.. as if what Christ did on the cross was not enough. As if when John..well not John but the holy Spirit said.. behold the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world..

And then we hear Christ saying if I dont go the holy Spirit will not come. And He said.. the Holy Spirit will convict the world of sins. Oops.. of SIN. Strange huh.."Of sin, because they believe not on me. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." Christ said.. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world."

See a sacrifice that use to only cover sins.. a foreshadow of what happened. Christ now dies and what sin did He only cover? What sin made it passed the blood of a God? If He took away the SINS of the world....What sin do you do that He didnt die for? As Paul said..can Christ die again? they kept trying to after they were saved.. to offer a sacrifice for that sin. As He said.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin.. it puts Him to open sham.

Sin in this world will bring death and can bring all kinds of sickness. None of this came from God but this is the reward this world sees. Its what happens when GOD is taken out of the picture.

I am now living for ever.. no one an take this undo what a God did. I have never had thoughts ooh now I can SIN all I want.. there is no TIME where I am from. You are NOT OF THIS WORLD. This WORLD is not your Home. And where you are seated in Heavenly places.. there is no TIME there..stop seeing this through the eyes of flesh and have faith trust in Him. That what He paid for is forever if you believe in Him.. as He said. Shall have every lasting life. Theres no IF in that. MAN adds it. Some do believe with the mind only.. not the heart

Reactions: Phil W
Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Things that come not from the Father but man "once saved always saved, you can lose your salvation". Both no one can find written. Some only see this world the flesh. Salvation is not of this world..didnt come from you man but from a GOD. See for me when I read that which is born of God does not sin. I have to ask.. what was BORN OF GOD? I see my new spirit.. that is not of this world not in some TIME bubble.. how can I as a man undo what a GOD made new?

One must be wise to where they cast their pearls. See I read hear this "once saved always saved" and then "you can lose your salvation". In all love I have no clue what believer would think such things. I never have these thoughts. Well when I 1st got saved the enemy come to take the truth and tell me I am lost what ever.. some again only see the flesh..so I think they look at it like a simple choice something that can be undone by something they do.. as if what Christ did on the cross was not enough. As if when John..well not John but the holy Spirit said.. behold the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world..

And then we hear Christ saying if I dont go the holy Spirit will not come. And He said.. the Holy Spirit will convict the world of sins. Oops.. of SIN. Strange huh.."Of sin, because they believe not on me. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." Christ said.. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world."

See a sacrifice that use to only cover sins.. a foreshadow of what happened. Christ now dies and what sin did He only cover? What sin made it passed the blood of a God? If He took away the SINS of the world....What sin do you do that He didnt die for? As Paul said..can Christ die again? they kept trying to after they were saved.. to offer a sacrifice for that sin. As He said.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin.. it puts Him to open sham.

Sin in this world will bring death and can bring all kinds of sickness. None of this came from God but this is the reward this world sees. Its what happens when GOD is taken out of the picture.

I am now living for ever.. no one an take this undo what a God did. I have never had thoughts ooh now I can SIN all I want.. there is no TIME where I am from. You are NOT OF THIS WORLD. This WORLD is not your Home. And where you are seated in Heavenly places.. there is no TIME there..stop seeing this through the eyes of flesh and have faith trust in Him. That what He paid for is forever if you believe in Him.. as He said. Shall have every lasting life. Theres no IF in that. MAN adds it. Some do believe with the mind only.. not the heart

I'm not sure if you are just parsing words. Thats just my opinion. When you say trust in him what do you mean? Can he take away your salvation from eternal suffering after you've already acknowledged and accepted his sacrifice on the cross? I would say if you believe the latter statement then you would be classified as OSAS.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
PAST completed aorist TENSE!

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal (spiritual) life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into (spiritual) life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE FALL.​

Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. -- Matthew 19

Exactly what was "not this way from the beginning?"

The hardness of their hearts was not that way from the beginning. The hardening of Adam's heart was a direct and immediate result of the Fall.

Adam's heart hardened so quickly that by that evening when God asked Adam what had happened to their relationship, Adam instantly threw Eve under the bus--his heart had already hardened against his own wife, the only other person he knew.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
THE FALL.​
IOW, we probably were made to forget sins (if even the concept of sin could be grasped in our state of innocence) but since the Fall, one of our earmarks is to hold grudges.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not an answer. I'm trying to make sure I'm not misunderstanding. Are you saying disease is a punishment for sin?

1000% NO!!!!

First, the punishment for sin is death. Jesus paid that price.

Second, Jesus himself clearly addressed this when He was asked, who sinned, this man or his parents.

Third, this is extremely dangerous. Just tonight I counseled a sweet, sweet young woman who loves the Lord with everything in her. A while back someone said something similar to her about an injury she sustained that was 100% a fluke accident. It tore her apart. Months later she is still in tears about it, still struggling to feel as connected to God as she once did. Garbage like this does nothing but HARM and draws people away from God.

Correct. Disease in the great sense is a result of Adam's fall, but it is not "punishment" from God.

For He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. -- Matthew 5

There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

And Jesus answering said unto them, "Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

"Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay:
but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.--Luke 19

Jesus is saying that calamities do not fall upon people (at least not from the time of His ministry forward) as a supernatural result of their sin. Nor is a calamity-free life a result of our righteousness.

In this fallen world, stuff happens. It's a fallen world, not under the management of Adam as it was designed to be. Stuff just happens.

If bad stuff only happened to bad people and good stuff only happened to good people, that would not be a fallen world, that would be a just world.

But it's not a just world, its a fallen world. So calamities just happens to the just and the unjust in statistically equal measure.

Well, maybe not equal; the unjust do make bad things happen to the just more often than natural. See Psalm 73.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. -- Matthew 19

Exactly what was "not this way from the beginning?"

The hardness of their hearts was not that way from the beginning. The hardening of Adam's heart was a direct and immediate result of the Fall.

Adam's heart hardened so quickly that by that evening when God asked Adam what had happened to their relationship, Adam instantly threw Eve under the bus--his heart had already hardened against his own wife, the only other person he knew.
I believe what 'was not that way from the beginning' was in reference to...

Genesis 2:22-24 KJVS
[22] And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. [23] And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. [24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe what 'was not that way from the beginning' was in reference to...

Genesis 2:22-24 KJVS
[22] And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. [23] And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. [24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

I think when Jesus said "that" He was referring to the immediate antecedent of the preceding clause, rather than a distant scripture His audience may or may not have related. Otherwise, He'd have likely said, "...as it is written...."

Upvote 0