Gold Coast
✟2,326.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I don’t actually enjoy reading the Bible I find it ancient text & repetitive. This experience has changed me I’m not the devoted Christian anymore. A God that has deserted me I don’t have the love or respect for God I used to have. I still believe but am changing to Buddaishim I cannot praise a God who abandoned me

Upvote 0

Aussiealways

Jan 9, 2024
Gold Coast
✟2,326.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
My neighbours daughter was killed in a car accident while pregnant. From that day on my neighbour did not believe anymore. She said to me there is no God how can there be. I can understand her despair. We all have choices. I can no longer go to a Church & praise God. It is over

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don’t so soon give up on God. The Israelites went through many oppressions in judges. A full generation at a time and may have died in it. They got oppression when they did the same thing and sinned and left their God. I always got meds when I got depressed. I didn’t think I could handle it either. And work…. I just sat around the house and tried to make myself happy. But I had to carry the load for a long time and then I started to come out of it.

israel kept sinning then they wanted a king and they had much prosperity under David and Solomon. Then evil kings. The people groan when an evil man is in power. More depression. But they were always Gods people and always cried to Him. Then they let the king do it and God let in some suffering. They wanted to get away from him so he chastised them a couple times with hundreds of years between. They are way ward but still Gods people because they don’t believe in Jesus. They have prosperity for their comfort.

Because most of them choose destruction instead of the light of Jesus. You are in darkness because of depression. But you have the light for the rest of your life and you have a fighting chance with Jesus. What will you do without him. Go to the source of your depressed thoughts?

you can handle it! God doesn’t desert his people. After almost 2000 years he brought the back to the land. He doesn’t forget he doesn’t desert. I just feels like it. Don’t give up don’t desert Him. You know what he says. He sets destruction and cursing and blessing and life before you. Choose life! Eternal life just for hanging in there.

Upvote 0

Aussiealways

Jan 9, 2024
Gold Coast
✟2,326.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
My daughter is an Aethist. I was hoping to be able to give her a Testimony to help her believe. But unfortunately I can’t. Having to smoke to cope with the depression an absolute disgrace. Myself leaving the Christian faith & her no reason to believe

Upvote 0

Aussiealways

Jan 9, 2024
Gold Coast
✟2,326.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
This is my last post now. God spoke to me when my daughter was a baby. And to now just desert me when I need him. The love has gone I see him as a trader on Wall Street roping everyone in & not delivering. I suffer every day & no healing. No wonder I have made the decision to leave the Christian faith

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PTL brother! I’m sure they are cheering in heaven. How can we make those days better. Do you need somebuddy to talk to? Cut yourself some slack. I have my days to now about once a week. I don’t care if you smoke, but it’s a hard one. Maybe try vaping- cleaner, smells better. Maybe you’ll get to a place where you will fight those thoughts that stress you out.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe the message of 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 is extremely important especially with the conclusion of faith, hope, & love ( “charity” in the KJV). I believe this especially important for all the innocent lives lost in this world. It is good for us all to hope for the best for what lies in the afterlife as opposed to random existence and decay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Aussie.

I couldn't agree more with some of the advice and insight given. I debated about throwing in my two cents but I identify with some of what you've said so strongly that I can't help myself. Especially in regards to long term stubborn depression, anger at God, suicidal ideation and smoking.

Right off the bat let me share a bumper sticker that my best friend used to have on his car - "The devil is playing a game and you're it."

When you accepted Jesus as your Savior it was game on. The adversary LIVES to tempt, cajole or reason you away from God, the Bible and prayer.

My single most important advice is to dedicate yourself to a daily devotional. I start the morning with prayer, Bible study and close with thanks. I started this about 2 years ago and it has been the best years out of 30 years being a believer. It is the very definition of dying to self and yielding to the Holy Spirit.

Depression:

Proverbs 13:12

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a Tree of Life."

The point? He HEARS you, Aussie. He KNOWS you're sick and tired of being sick and tired. He KNOWS what is truly making you sick. But He is challenging you to keep trusting Him and in His timing. If you'll stop and review all that He has done for you - including sacrificing his Son - isn't He WORTHY of your continued trust?

Anger at God:

Romans 9:20

"Shall the thing formed say to Him Who formed it, why have You made me thus?"

After years of "hiding" this from God (as IF!) He finally got me to the point of confessing it so HE could deal with it and heal it. And it goes way back to childhood. I don't LIKE that I was born with certain weaknesses and flaws. Why can't I be like so-and-so? God don't you care about my shame, my humiliation, my reputation?

Sound familiar? Guess what? We ALL are cursed with the same flaws and imperfections. So what are we gonna do about it? Let God use it to build empathy for others, for one. I figure the ultimate goal is to arrive where the Apostle Paul got:

2 Corinthians 12:10

"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I'm weak, then I am strong."

Let me emphasize - I am certainly not there yet. But I can say confidently that I'm further along than I've ever been in 63 years on this earth. I give God the glory for it - it gives great joy. And joy is a virtual miracle for me. Even my friends and family are starting to notice.

Suicide:

Look at Moses and Elijah. They both got to the place where they asked God to kill them - that they couldn't take it any more - so I figure we're in pretty good company. As for me, God called my bluff and let me get to the point of ultimate temptation. And I backed down. I actually declared to God that that was IT - never again. I've been completely free of it since. I can think of maybe twice in the last 2 years that it popped into my head. You know what I did? I laughed out loud! I brushed the tempter off like flicking a fly off my shoulder. He fled just like Scripture says. Now that's POWER! It's increased my faith in ALL of God's promises.

Smoking:

Some verses come to mind, but I'm sure you know them all. All I can say is that after 2 packs a day for 30 years He stopped it cold turkey. This post is already long enough so I'll spare you the details. Suffice to say that it truly is possible. That idol is out of my life. 1 1/2 years now and I RARELY even think about it. I get my comfort from THE Comforter - the Holy Spirit.

God bless. Take heart. He says that "He who began a good work in you SHALL COMPLETE IT". Give it to Him each morning and enjoy the ride!

Upvote 0