Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can everyone here say they would be okay and live a prosperous life if they never were in a relationship again? Can you say that? I'm putting this out there because I believe it's vital for this to be true.

I can say that. I won't say I'll never be in a relationship again, because I know better than to assume God's will for my life. But, I would be perfectly content to live like a hermit until I die. ;)

Upvote 0

SeekingGloryOnThisJourney

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can everyone here say they would be okay and live a prosperous life if they never were in a relationship again? Can you say that? I'm putting this out there because I believe it's vital for this to be true.
Yes. I can do it.
Jesus alone is more than enough for me.
He corrects me, He leads me, He loves me.
While I do want to get married, it’s not to replace, it’s to glorify Him with, as with all I do.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Singlehood have that environment that lacks the sense of haste to being responsible to our own actions, that relationship calls for. We tend to think to empower our own selves, but to be binding to someone else, especially a child who is your own flesh and blood, or even adopted, it calls to a responsibility.

I told my partner the same during the pandemic when we discussed the impact isolation had on some. I said I didn’t have the liberty of melting down. When you have others depending on you, you suck it up and keep going. My business wasn’t going to run itself.

The same is true on the relational end. There are things I do because I’m partnered in a measure I won’t when I’m unattached. I’m not subject to expectations or the level of giving and compromise I encounter with him. I have no one to answer to. But when you bring another in the picture that changes.

And even if we're not, we expect those around us to serve us in that matter since we are fulfilled in that manner (i.g. I don't have a mate, my expectation is that the friends around me should fulfill me, or that I need to be better in order to fulfill my expectations of myself).

I’m not wired that way. I appreciate my friends but I don’t hold them to the standard or level of investment I desire from my companion. I don’t treat them like a placeholder. I can’t be a surrogate. That’s unhealthy and taxing.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Nicholina

Aug 31, 2019
San Francisco, CA
✟19,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anything we let replace God in the throne of our hearts is problematic whether it is a relationship, money, career, kids, etc. Only when I am anchored in Christ and get complete fulfillment from Him alone can I be a good partner to a man...being able to serve him well and submit to him because I am fulfilled fully in the Lord. When we let a relationship or a partner become our god and savior, it is a burden they cannot bear and ultimately leads to our own destruction...anxiety, fear, neediness, jealousy, anger emerge when the other person inevitably disappoints.
It's my responsibility, in order to be a good partner and potentially a godly wife, to remain rooted in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. But this is no different whether I am single or in a courtship.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
Somewhere over the clouds
✟17,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I believe it is up to the person some people are meant for marriage and some are not. God has given this desire to the people and not every follower of Jesus is marriageable or has the option of marriage.

Upvote 0