New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As Christians we believe that God is all knowing. I came across a very interesting question and I was looking for some thoughts and opinions on it.

God being all-knowing obviously means exactly what it sounds like. And, for God to truly be God, he must have that omnipotent quality. So my question is this: Did God know what it was like to be a human(with sinful nature, emotions, wealth/poorness, sexual behavior, marriage) before he became Yeshua? Now I would say that he did know what it was like to truly be human before God became man in the flesh. But how could he if he had never truly been human before that? Of course we are made in his image, but, he is God and we are not. Of course another quality that makes God, God is his unending power to do his will so in that sense he can do and experience whatever he wants. But even if he did know what it was like and even after becoming Jesus, does God know what being a “sinner” feels like? Like the question before, he must because thats what makes God, God. But is it even possible for him in all Holiness to experience sin as a sinner lives? If it is possible and he has experienced it, what does that mean? And if he hasnt experienced it, does that make him not omnipotent?

Any responses appreciated.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God fully understands us. In that way, He knows.

But even in the Incarnation, He did not experience such things as a "sinful nature" as He never took part of the corruption of our flesh. But He certainly experienced hunger, fatigue, and the attempts of the enemy to tempt Him (though God cannot actually be tempted). It is not necessary for God to experience or be a thing in order to understand it. He understands us far better than we understand ourselves even.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...So my question is this: Did God know what it was like to be a human(with sinful nature, emotions, wealth/poorness, sexual behavior, marriage) before he became Yeshua? Now I would say that he did know what it was like to truly be human before God became man in the flesh. But how could he if he had never truly been human before that? ...

Actually, Bible tells God dwells in Jesus, it is not same as God is Jesus, but… …what would you say, do I need to be a clock to understand how clock works? I don’t think so, therefore I think God don’t need to be a human to understand human.

Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Actually, Bible tells God dwells in Jesus, it is not same as God is Jesus, but… …what would you say, do I need to be a clock to understand how clock works? I don’t think so, therefore I think God don’t need to be a human to understand human.

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.”
‭‭John‬ ‭20:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Right, exactly ! Thanks be to the Father in heaven !

Next - there WAS a different reason stated in SCRIPTURE, why Yahushua was born a man.

(this did nothing to help Yahuweh's understanding, which was always complete and perfect throughout eternity about all things, nor Yahushua's understanding, but something else which is written, FOR OUR SAKES, btw)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

You are right that it would not be correct to say "God is Jesus" ... because He is not the Father nor the Holy Spirit.

However, Jesus IS God in that God Himself (the Son) became incarnate, taking on human flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus is fully man, with a real human body. Jesus is also fully Divine, being God.

This is foundational to Christian belief, and many kinds of errors were rejected (such as Jesus being a mere man only temporarily "possessed" by God, of a man only "adopted" by God, or only a spirit that had the appearance of a body but not an actual one, and on and on). These errors all interrupt the real means of salvation, and so can be dangerous spiritually. This is why the early Christians were so set against them.

I'm not saying this to correct you, just to be a bit precise for anyone who might be reading. :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I was just showing you the Jesus is God manifest in the flesh.
Yahuweh the Father, Sovereign Creator,
and
Yahushua Hamashiach the Son,
have always been echad.
Likewise Yahushua prayed for the disciples to be echad, just as the Father and the Son are echad.

And so it is.

Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yahuweh the Father, Sovereign Creator,
and
Yahushua Hamashiach the Son,
have always been echad.
Likewise Yahushua prayed for the disciples to be echad, just as the Father and the Son are echad.

And so it is.
Amen

Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are right that it would not be correct to say "God is Jesus" ... because He is not the Father nor the Holy Spirit.

However, Jesus IS God in that God Himself (the Son) became incarnate, taking on human flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus is fully man, with a real human body. Jesus is also fully Divine, being God.

This is foundational to Christian belief, and many kinds of errors were rejected (such as Jesus being a mere man only temporarily "possessed" by God, of a man only "adopted" by God, or only a spirit that had the appearance of a body but not an actual one, and on and on). These errors all interrupt the real means of salvation, and so can be dangerous spiritually. This is why the early Christians were so set against them.

I'm not saying this to correct you, just to be a bit precise for anyone who might be reading. :)
Makes sense, thank you

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.”
‭‭John‬ ‭20:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Nice scriptures. I think the one who reads those, should also have this:

I have come in my Father's name, and you don't receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

John 5:43

even as you gave him authority over all flesh, he will give eternal life to all whom you have given him. This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

John 17:3

Jesus came in God’s name. He had God’s authority and he acted in the name of God. By what the Bible tells, Jesus is like God’s ambassador. He came to make a deal in the name of God, and that is why, those who receive him, receive also God. Similarly, as, if you receive me, you receive Jesus, because it is said:

Most assuredly I tell you, he who receives whomever I send, receives me; and he who receives me, receives him who sent me."
John 13:20

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5

"My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.

John 7:16-17

Reactions: Zachm531
Upvote 0