Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because you are a parent. It’s cute, and a cool idea even if it doesn’t fit male white Anglo Saxon Protestant Baby Boomers opinion of “the right way” :)

Tattoos are one of those things that I acknowledge are not for me, but are interesting. Tattoos that mean something always get me. I’m fascinated by Maori body art and if I had even a hint of that in my lineage, I’d be head-to-toe tattooed.

Reactions: GaveMeJoy
Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I have to disagree there, the stepmother, seriously I do not believe ANY Christian would want to portray themselves like that.
I am really against judging on appearances but it must be admitted that SOME (not many but some) appearances do show what a person is like inside.
The Holy Spirit does give us discernment and this is something all Christians need.
I only see the pics of the kids and their tattoos maybe I missed a 666 relative

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In my opinion the only thing questionable is exposing a child to a tattoo parlor. I’ve never been in one that was appropriate for children, and I’ve been in lots. Also even if they somehow made a kid friendly parlor (unlikely), the inappropriate content comes in on the skin of the clients daily.
I had considered that, but it's also quite possible that those coming into the parlor that know there is a kid around will consider this and cover up tats that the kid shouldn't see. Still, it seems unlikely that all of that will be filtered out.

The overall tat shaming is typical of any CF thread involving tats...ive found that male WASP baby boomers often Can’t be open minded About this issue and it’s a waste of time to discuss it with them. Once the generation dies off it won’t be as big a deal.
How many souls will reject the Gospel because of them until that happens. I have to call it out regardless. If I can't convince those that most need to be convinced, others will know that there are Christians who are both Biblical and reasonable.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I had considered that, but it's also quite possible that those coming into the parlor that know there is a kid around will consider this and cover up tats that the kid shouldn't see. Still, it seems unlikely that all of that will be filtered out.

How many souls will reject the Gospel because of them until that happens. I have to call it out regardless. If I can't convince those that most need to be convinced, others will know that there are Christians who are both Biblical and reasonable.
I believe God is bigger than a bunch of stuffy old white guys, and his plan to reach the tattooed lost will not be thwarted by them. :)
However it seems as though you and I might be the best ones to spread the gospel to those with body art. I’m up for it!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,696,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe God is bigger than a bunch of stuffy old white guys, and his plan to reach the tattooed lost will not be thwarted by them. :)
However it seems as though you and I might be the best ones to spread the gospel to those with body art. I’m up for it!
I’m not into the latest bigotry of ageism and the ever popular old white guys phrase with the boomers are dying and everything will be cool after we bury the last one. It bigotry. So I’ll have no part of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,696,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟104,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The story says she often wore temporary tattoo sleeves so I think the skulls etc weren't permanent.(thankfully).
It would have to be illegal to tattoo a child, surely????
Even if the tattoos weren't permanent I don't think skulls are a good look for a little girl and she is still being exposed to an adult world. Some mindless parents think it is cool to expose their children to adult things at a young age thinking they will grow up wiser and be ultra cool.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I only see the pics of the kids and their tattoos maybe I missed a 666 relative
If you read the whole article( first one posted) as you scroll down you will see a photo of the little girl, her non binary mother and someone named as her stepmother. Now if you think the "stepmother" may be Christian, seriously :eek:

Upvote 0