Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If that is true, then every person you minister healing should be healed instantly.
What scripture are you referring to? Jesus said it was finished before I was even born. No one can add to the finished work of Jesus but people still need to receive what He has gained for us. I remember when I was saved and I left the church and was driving home. There was a stop light changing from green to yellow to red and I questioned if God perfected me when I was saved and if I were perfect does that mean I would not violate or break the law. I believe we are perfected but we have to walk in that state of perfection. We have to hold onto what Christ gained for us. Hebrews 13:21 "equip you with every good thing to do His will." "Make you perfect in every good work to do his will"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not every one has been healed ... but the bible does not anywhere say as a Christian God will instantly heal every person.
Matthew 13:58 "And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief." Is there anyone anywhere that Jesus can not instantly heal?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In actual fact, the spiritual gifts are not given to individuals for their exclusive use.
Jesus does the healing. We are a vessel that He uses to accomplish His purpose. So the question is not what we can or can not do. The question is what can Jesus do in and through us. Because we are to do greater works then He did. John 14:12 "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father."

• Agree
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
every person without fail would be instantly healed when you minister the gift to them.
Really? Jesus healed everyone that came to Him for healing? What about the ten lepers: 17“Were not all ten cleansed?” Jesus asked. “Where then are the other nine? 18 Was no one found except this foreigner to return and give glory to God?” And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. (Luke 17)

All 10 were "cleansed" but only one was make "whole". Meaning he was restored as if he had never been sick. The other 9 were healed but not fully restored. Because they did not give glory to God.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,855.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus does the healing. We are a vessel that He uses to accomplish His purpose. So the question is not what we can or can not do. The question is what can Jesus do in and through us. Because we are to do greater works then He did. John 14:12 "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father."
Sounds good in theory, but doesn't seem to work out in actual practice. I was in a church that invited all the big-name ministries that purported to have a gift of healing, and they prayed for many people, but I saw not one of those people healed over the seven years I was involved with that church. If any of those great men actually had a gift of healing, I would have seen more people healed than not.

If I bought a laptop computer on Ebay, which was advertised as doing everything for me except make me a cup of coffee, and it didn't work when it was delivered, would I actually believe that the advertising for that computer was genuine? What if that computer worked just one day of the month, but wouldn't work on the other days? Would you call that a working computer? Not likely! You would be sending it back and demanding a computer that actually worked every time you turned it on.

So, if a man claims to have a gift of healing, then it should work in practice every time he ministered to a sick person. If only one person out of 500 got healed through that man's ministry, would you say that he had a gift of healing? I wouldn't. If he said he had a gift of healing, I would be requiring him to produce validated testimonies of 9 out of ten people he ministered healing to, and more than just back pains and headaches, but serious, terminal conditions. If he couldn't then I would view him as a fake.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,855.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Really? Jesus healed everyone that came to Him for healing? What about the ten lepers: 17“Were not all ten cleansed?” Jesus asked. “Where then are the other nine? 18 Was no one found except this foreigner to return and give glory to God?” And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. (Luke 17)

All 10 were "cleansed" but only one was make "whole". Meaning he was restored as if he had never been sick. The other 9 were healed but not fully restored. Because they did not give glory to God.
You don't know whether the other 9 were fully restored or not. The gospel record doesn't say so. You are guessing.

If you say you have a gift of healing, and a person with terminal cancer came to you for ministry and you told that person that you have the gift, but that person was not healed and died as a result, wouldn't the family of that person call you a fake because you promised something but failed to deliver.

Saying that the person didn't have enough faith to be healed is nonsense, because if a sick person has enough faith to receive ministry, then there is enough faith there for healing to happen, because Jesus said that if a person had faith just the size of a mustard seed, he could move mountains.

No, if you say you have a gift of healing, then you have the responsibility to deliver. If you can't deliver, then you are lying.

Upvote 0