Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I Cor 12:1ff Now about spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be uninformed. There are different gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different ministries, but the same Lord. There are different ways of working, but the same God works all things in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.

TO ONE there is given through the Spirit the word of wisdom, TO ANOTHER the word of knowledge by the same Spirit, to another...to another...All these are the work of one & the same Spirit, who apportions them TO EACH ONE AS HE DETERMINES.

But in fact, God has arranged the members of the body, every one of them, according to His design. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

Now you are the body of Christ & each of you is a member of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues.

Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? But eagerly desire the better gifts.

And I will yet show you a still more excellent (far more excelling) way.

You have asked a question, but I cannot answer your question, DeborahG because it is not Scriptural. What the Scriptures states is:

"Do all have GIFTS of healing?" It is in the plural not singular. It is rhetorical in nature & the answer is: no, not all members of the body have this particular gift. These gifts can be distributed as the Spirit determines & covers all that a human is: body, soul, spirit--physical, psychological, spiritual.

Do I have or have I had the gifts of healing? No and No. I have seen healings of various kinds through prayer & faith & have received healings in my own life from the Spirit. But He has determined at this time that other members of the body should exercise that particular gift. Does that mean I cannot exercise it in the future if the Spirit so determines? Of course not.

Have I exercised other gifts of the Spirit at one time or another. Yes, as the Spirit has determined in timing & situation & for the common good.

Upvote 0

DeborahG.

Mar 24, 2019
Tri-Cities
✟8,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I Cor 12:1ff Now about spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be uninformed. There are different gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different ministries, but the same Lord. There are different ways of working, but the same God works all things in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.

TO ONE there is given through the Spirit the word of wisdom, TO ANOTHER the word of knowledge by the same Spirit, to another...to another...All these are the work of one & the same Spirit, who apportions them TO EACH ONE AS HE DETERMINES.

But in fact, God has arranged the members of the body, every one of them, according to His design. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

Now you are the body of Christ & each of you is a member of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues.

Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? But eagerly desire the better gifts.

And I will yet show you a still more excellent (far more excelling) way.

You have asked a question, but I cannot answer your question, DeborahG because it is not Scriptural. What the Scriptures states is:

"Do all have GIFTS of healing?" It is in the plural not singular. It is rhetorical in nature & the answer is: no, not all members of the body have this particular gift. These gifts can be distributed as the Spirit determines & covers all that a human is: body, soul, spirit--physical, psychological, spiritual.

Do I have or have I had the gifts of healing? No and No. I have seen healings of various kinds through prayer & faith & have received healings in my own life from the Spirit. But He has determined at this time that other members of the body should exercise that particular gift. Does that mean I cannot exercise it in the future if the Spirit so determines? Of course not.

Have I exercised other gifts of the Spirit at one time or another. Yes, as the Spirit has determined in timing & situation & for the common good.
I’m very well informed of the scripture. I’m also believing you misinterpreted my question. You are absolutely correct in your statement. Not all are given the gift of healing and it is true it’s only given by the Holy Spirit. I was just simply wondering who walked in this gift as I do. Thank you for your response.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I’m very well informed of the scripture. I’m also believing you misinterpreted my question. You are absolutely correct in your statement. Not all are given the gift of healing and it is true it’s only given by the Holy Spirit. I was just simply wondering who walked in this gift as I do. Thank you for your response."

Thank you & thank for responding back, DeborahG! Nice to meet you. Now that you have given me & others clarification of why you wrote the one line question, we now understand. But with only that short one line question, it was difficult to determine what you were actually looking for in an answer. So rather than assuming, I included the Scripture that was pertinent to your question & gave clarification.

I could not answer your question because Scripture states: 'do all have GIFTS of healing?' The answer is a rhetorical no. So to rightly answer your question, I would have to say, do I have the gifts of healing? And I answered that.

If I misinterpreted you, then so be it. I have no problem with that. But with so little information given, it was difficult to determine exactly what was your interpretation.

Second, I notice you once again say, 'GIFT' of healing' not gifts. Now I need clarification, please, as to whether you are referring to some other gift of healing rather than what it says in I Cor 12:28 or maybe it is the translation you are using that only has gift of healing?

And I apologize for not clarifying even further in my post. Gifts in the Greek is indeed the noun in the accusative neuterl plural. But the modifying prepositional phrase, 'of healing' is in the genitive neuter plural. Healing is in the plural also.

I sought to show that by saying the healings could be physical ones or spiritual ones or psychological or soulish ones but didn't actually mention healing is in the plural as well as gifts. I apologize for that.

Thank you also for your clarification that you are very well informed of the Scriptures. I commend you on being one who loves the Scripture & studies it.

Upvote 0

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The person being prayed for and receives the healing ..is given the GIFT so he/she is healed..I have been healed of many things upon receiving the Holy Ghost with the bible evidence of speaking in tongues..smoking (instant no withdrawals) drinking alcohol (instant) migraine headaches suffered from childhood etc also my father healed from cancer etc

Reactions: Romans 8
Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟175,096.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you & thank for responding back, DeborahG! Nice to meet you. Now that you have given me & others clarification of why you wrote the one line question, we now understand. But with only that short one line question, it was difficult to determine what you were actually looking for in an answer. So rather than assuming, I included the Scripture that was pertinent to your question & gave clarification.

I

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The person being prayed for and receives the healing ..is given the GIFT so he/she is healed..I have been healed of many things upon receiving the Holy Ghost with the bible evidence of speaking in tongues..smoking (instant no withdrawals) drinking alcohol (instant) migraine headaches suffered from childhood etc also my father healed from cancer etc
If that is so, why are the gifts, including gifts of healing, are manifestations of the Holy Spirit through believers for the building up of the body of Christ?

I fully accept that instant healing is a gift from God, and a wonderful gift, no doubt about that. But it is not the gifts of healing as listed in 1 Corinthians 12.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well - you don't have the gift of discernment either - if you did you would have known what she wanted to know ;)
There is no such thing as the gift of discernment. Not in my Bible anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Not that I'm aware of.
If you did manifest a gift of healing, you would know all about it, because if it manifested through you, the person would be instantly healed and many people would turn to the lord because of the healing.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus knew what was in the hearts of people ;)
That would be more the equivalent of the gift of the Word of Knowledge. "But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil" (Hebrews 5:14).
Therefore discernment is not a gift given to anyone. It is for mature believers, not novices who have just come down in the last shower. It takes years and years to develop sound discernment. I'm not perfect at it even after 53 years in the faith!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh i was expecting for someone to say discerning isn't the same as discerning of spirits.

On the gifts of healing in corporate settings:, have you noticed sometimes folks with particular sicknesses are healed more than others? That's the reason i think it's gifts instead of gift.

Has The Holy Spirit prompted you to encourage the person being prayed for to forgive first?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh i was expecting for someone to say discerning isn't the same as discerning of spirits.

On the gifts of healing in corporate settings:, have you noticed sometimes folks with particular sicknesses are healed more than others? That's the reason i think it's gifts instead of gift.

Has The Holy Spirit prompted you to encourage the person being prayed for to forgive first?
The proof of a gift of healing being manifested is that the sick person is instantly and totally healed on the spot. If not, then a gift of healing has not been manifested. There are "healing ministries" (not found or mentioned anywhere in the New Testament) that claim a gift of healing, but they cannot provide proof in most cases that anyone is getting healed. This would mean that the person claiming the gift of healing is merely a fraud by claiming something that he does not have.

The gifts of healing are retained in the ownership of the Holy Spirit. He does not give up ownership of any of His gifts to any person. He manifests the gift through the person as He wills. So, someone claiming to have the gift of healing to use anytime he likes is either lying or is mistaken through ignorance of the Scripture.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So the person that says they're healed isn't the one that,'s lying only the person who prayed for him/her.
If the sick person is still sick, then he or she isn't healed. It would be lying to say that healing has occurred when it hasn't.

I know that there are some in the Charismatic church that believe in confessing by faith that someone is healed while they are still showing the symptoms of the sickness or disease. This is a deception and a lie. Positive confession in order to achieve physical healing is occult sorcery because it uses positive confession as a power in itself to achieve the result.

The Holy Spirit gift of healing is manifested through the direct power of the Holy Spirit through faith in God. It is not using faith as a power in itself because that is also sorcery. Faith involves asking God to manifest the gift through His power. Then it is up to the Holy Spirit to manifest the healing according to His will.

One can positively confess and believe, believe, believe until the cows come home and nothing will happen, and if it does happen it will be a false healing through a sorcery demon, and once the person realises it and renounces the occult deception, he or she will lose the healing immediately.

When the Holy Spirit decides to manifest a gift of healing, He will initiate it and manifest it as an instant, total healing with the symptoms disappearing; and when the person goes back to the doctor to get things checked out, the healing will be validated and fully acknowledged as a miraculous healing.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have the gift of healing?
I have had the gift of healing sense birth. Also this is a spiritual gift. This can be photographed with Kirlian Photography. People have different gifts and different energy fields around them. A lot of doctors and nurses go into that field because they have the gift of healing. God gives us all of our gifts, talents and abilities at conception. He writes the book of our life (according to David) before we are born. We need to use what He gives us to bring Him Honor, Glory and Praise. In the book of common prayer we read that the gifts of God are given to the people of God. So we are just a vessel to be use by God. They say that HE can give to us what He can get through us to others. 1 cor 1:4 "who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

Upvote 0