Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Everything must be opposite of what it was. If the next James Bond isn't a short, fat, Asian transsexual, then the movie must be boycotted as racist.
I'd actually watch that. Lol.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟282,422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For a politically correct movie it seems to have failed at being PC. Also making it all women was stupid, selling out to attract viewers (and lose old fans). Actually the real issue is if its a reboot (remake) then why would the men suddenly be women. Its not a real remake if you change the entire team. Again, I am for equality of course. But this just seemed like a bad idea.

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Here is the Ghost Busters official trailer. I still say it was a stupid idea to make the ghost busters women. I also dislike the way the black actress behaves. I think it is an unfair stereotype of black women, but not everyone here may agree with me about that. But at least they brought back Slimer and he is still of the male persuasion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,179,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is the Ghost Busters official trailer. I still say it was a stupid idea to make the Ghost Busters women. I also dislike the way the black actress behaves. I think it is an unfair stereotype of black women, but not everyone here may agree with me about that. But at least they brought back Slimer and he is still of the male persuasion. ;)

Yeah a bizarre choice for a PC movie.

Although to be fair the all male re-boot of Ghost Busters that is coming up will most likely be crap too. I actually never watched Ghost Busters until I was an adult. Since my parents banned all things to do with ghosts, and was surprised how dirty the film was.

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Yeah a bizarre choice for a PC movie.

Although to be fair the all male re-boot of Ghost Busters that is coming up will most likely be crap too. I actually never watched Ghost Busters until I was an adult. Since my parents banned all things to do with ghosts, and was surprised how dirty the film was.

It is funny how I watched the movie when I was a kid, when it first came out, but I will not let my own kids watch it or the sequels because of how dirty the movies are. It is amazing what I was allowed to watch as a kid, but I would never let my own kids watch the same shows or movies, including many horror movies. Gotta love my parents. Lol.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟686,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is the point of making a remake of Ghostbusters and changing everyone to women? I can't wait for the end of the politically correct era.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,495,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There appears to have been a Ghostbusters movie that came out in 1954. Is that for real?

Clever composite. I recognize the Fred MacMurray movie--saw it as a kid. "Absent-Minded Professor."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,495,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the point of making a remake of Ghostbusters and changing everyone to women? I can't wait for the end of the politically correct era.

As far as I can tell, there is no difference in the movie--essentially the same characters, just female.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,495,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does the team have to be men?

Why does it have to be remade apparently for no reason other than to take the same characters and make them women?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Why does it have to be remade apparently for no reason other than to take the same characters and make them women?
I can understand not wanting a remake, I don't think there needs to be a remake, but whether they're women is irrelevant. So again, why does it matter if the team is all female?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,495,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does the team have to be men?

I could have been initially, but it wasn't, and there isn't much point to remaking a movie for no other reason than to change the gender of the characters.

If it had been something like "Ghostbusters 3: The Next Generation" with a female team, that might have even made sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,889.00
Faith
Catholic
I could have been initially, but it wasn't, and there isn't much point to remaking a movie just to change the gender of the characters.
I don't think they're remaking it to change the gender of the characters, they're remaking it because it's a cash grab to capitalize on 1980s nostalgia; G.I. Joe, Transformers, Jem, Die Hard, Rambo, Pixels, Robocop, The A-Team, 21 Jump Street, The Thing, Fame, The Karate Kid, Footloose, Arthur, Miami Vice, etc., etc., I think that's pretty good evidence that the movie was not made simply to make a female team.

It's '80s cash grab and it looks horrible from the trailer.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Instead of making something new, they take something old and make it bad.
They ought to take something old and bad and make it good. Can you imagine if they remade Battlefield Earth, but made it, you know, entertaining?

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
For a politically correct movie it seems to have failed at being PC. Also making it all women was stupid, selling out to attract viewers (and lose old fans). Actually the real issue is if its a reboot (remake) then why would the men suddenly be women. Its not a real remake if you change the entire team. Again, I am for equality of course. But this just seemed like a bad idea.
Reboot and remake are different: one changes the status quo, the other just tweaks the original premise in some sense. If it's a reboot, changing that isn't a big deal, if it's a sequel, they'd need to reference the original group, which might be the case, since it seems to be set 30 years in the future (present day from when the original movies were set, I believe)

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can understand not wanting a remake, I don't think there needs to be a remake, but whether they're women is irrelevant. So again, why does it matter if the team is all female?
Some people see the pandering and don't care for it.

Upvote 0