Dec 8, 2007
✟828,768.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Interesting, what brand speedloader do you use? After experimenting with HKS, went with speed strips because, I'm slow anyway. Probably doesn't matter but I load 125 lead swc in 38 cases, way farther out so length is kind of like a .357. Feeds good in the one Rossi lever I have and in my mind, has less of a jump in .357 chambers.
Hi Tobyjoe, I use Safariland speed loaders. They are a bit more of a pain to pre-charge, but are the fastest for loading as they take just a push to release, no twisting action. I found the shoulder on the SWC hangs up a bit on the cylinder, that is why I have switched to 158 gr lead round nose flat point; they just slip into the chambers; no wiggling required.
10661.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Tobyjoe
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,768.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Great info, good old Glock 19. I look forward to 9mm being increasingly available after President Trump landslide tomorrow.
I have a Lee Pro1000 (actually I have two for various calibers), and I find it very economical to reload a few thousand 9mm. Other than .22 and .17HMR and a heck of a deal on Tula Russian .223 hollow point, I have bought no ammo for about 3 years.

Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I try to buy a pistol that fits my hand to begin with. I do prefer Houge grips and usually install those just get a "tacky" grip on the gun. Feels more secure to me and that's just a preference.

I have no idea how you make a boxy Glock be anything other than what it is.

Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good old 38 special. it really is enough isn't it?
Usually, I would agree. The pros and cons of wheel guns are well known. You go with what works for you and a 38 special is not a bad choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Resto

Nov 13, 2020
?
✟2,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The only thing I change these days, is Grips. I came full circle in the past 30 yrs. I went with Glocks in 40 Short and Weak and 9 Mil, had a few Berretta's also. Im back with Custom SS 1911s in .45 ACP. Nice Triggers and shaping Work already done. I like a solid feeling 1911.

Upvote 0