• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Getting out of the heat Summer thread!

Discussion in 'Blessings Exchange' started by One day at a time, Jul 1, 2011.

1. whitebeaches

whitebeaches Legend Supporter

+4,286
    Baptist
    Single
    h hun, im so sorry.my prayers are with you and your family and your dad. (((( hugs ))))

2. One day at a time

One day at a time Always in a state of change.....

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Thank you so much.....I have my days of crying and never know when they are ready to come......

3. whitebeaches

+4,286
    Baptist
    Single
    i wish i cul give u a real hug and my shoulder

4. One day at a time

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Oh just your kind words are wonderful! My mom was such an amazing person! She was a pastor's wife and speaker....her love for everyone was apparent......what a legacy she was.

5. whitebeaches

+4,286
    Baptist
    Single
    and her daughter is just as beautiful as she

6. whitebeaches

+4,286
    Baptist
    Single
    and as wonderful. hugs.

7. One day at a time

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    :hug:s to you.....thank you for uplifting me!

8. One day at a time

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I know I haven't been on for very long....but my time is slipping away from me....I've got to get to bed....at least take my meds and lay down.....
    hopefully I will talk with you soon! :hug:

9. whitebeaches

+4,286
    Baptist
    Single
    thank you
    :^)

10. whitebeaches

+4,286
    Baptist
    Single
    rest well precious lady. will be praying for you.

11. Colleen1

Colleen1 Legend

+2,025
    Christian
    Private
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be praying for you. Take care. :)

12. joyshirley

joyshirley His Love endures forever Supporter

+110,795
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married

I'm very sorry to hear your news, One Day, and I am praying for you and your Dad and family. :hug: You are a blessed presence among us, but you must take as much time as you need for yourself. Go well and may God bless you. :hug:

13. One day at a time

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I talked to my Dad tonight and he seems to be doing pretty good. The Monday after I left was really hard on him, but he seems to be adjusting and keeping busy with other things. We are both similar in the fact that it's like she is just gone for a bit and she should be coming home soon or that we can get ahold of her and tell her what she missed or what we needed to say. It's such an odd feeling.....my husband thinks that it's kind of weird and maybe it is...it seems to be that is where my brain wants her to be....even though I know for her to be with her Lord is the most wonderful thing that could ever happen to her. :D
    Just continued prayers will be wonderful....:hug:s to all!

14. joyshirley

joyshirley His Love endures forever Supporter

+110,795
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married

I know what you mean. I still say, ' I must ring Mum and tell her about this or that', even though we lost her over a year ago now. I'm glad your father is doing ok. I was just telling my kids today that my father seems to be going along well. He has established his routine, as it were, without Mum, and I think is reaching a degree of contentment in his life without Mum. I am glad as on occasion when I would ring him (I ring him every day) he would sound a little down. Lonely for Mum, but coping better now with that. I'm going to visit Dad again soon, though, as it's been a couple of months since I was last there. Bless you all, One Day. :) :pray: :hug:

15. One day at a time

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I understand what you are saying too....my Dad is keeping busy and I think that secretly is enjoying his freedom and feeling guilty about it at times. But I know he will get into a routine and be happy with it. I made sure that we are not over calling him since there are 6 of us kids and then grandkids...I don't want it to be too much and then annoy him. Just glad that he is handling it pretty well.
    Thanks for your prayers!

16. Colleen1

Colleen1 Legend

+2,025
    Christian
    Private
    I will continue to pray. I hope you are able to find some peace and comfort. Take care. :)

[​IMG]

17. One day at a time

+7,859
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Thanks for everyone who was on this thread....I think that I will close it since I'm having a hard time keeping up with being on the computer.......

I wish you all well and God bless you all! :hug:

18. blessedmomof5

blessedmomof5 Contributor

+1,858
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I wanted to say i am sorry for your loss and give you a :hug::hug::hug:
    Because sometimes we just need one!

19. sk8Joyful

sk8Joyful Well-Known Member

+2,543
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi ODAAT :wave:

After 59 :thumbsup: yrs. of AVOIDing doctors (like the plaque), successfully :D
    they managed to Lasso me in June, & again
    (last month for Emergency Hernia surgery). - Finally I ESCAPED :clap:
    and
    the surgeon (9 days later) assured me with: YES,
    after you heal, you can do all the moves you want on the ice... with UNlimited :cool: flex-ability.

So, as soon as our rink REopens, I plan to get back out there,
    where I DO belong. :clap: PRAISE GOD! Thanks for asking about me, ODAAT :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  20. sk8Joyful

sk8Joyful Well-Known Member

+2,543
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Aawww,
    Don't go - We WANT you here :thumbsup: with us :hug: Annie