• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Getting Baptized

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by DJKatt17, Jan 26, 2019.

1. DJKatt17

DJKatt17 New Member

+1
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    So I am getting baptized tomorrow and I need some help? Right before I get dunked I am supposed to share my personal testimony, and I am having a leeetle trouble with it. I am not great at public speaking and kinda have social anxiety, and I am THE ONLY ONE getting baptized so I am more than a little nervous and don't really know how to do this. I am afraid of saying too much, or of saying too little, and could really use some advice?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+4,503
    Christian
    Married
    Focus on Jesus and what He means to you washing away your sin. Then whatever you say or do you will be a good testimony of His love over you. If you look at yourself then it will be hardest thing ever talking in front of so many people.

Keep your eyes on Jesus and speak out of a grace loving heart and you be fine.

3. JM

JM pre·des·ti·nar·i·an Supporter

+1,843
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    Just plug your nose, run toward toward the tank and yell cannonball!

(kidding)

You don't have to say much. Tell them you love Jesus and want to be obedient by following His command to be baptized. Then tell the Pastor you're ready.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

4. iLove

iLove Newbie

+46
    Christian
    Married
    The scripture says, "Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance..." (in effect, says that Water Baptism would do them no good unless there had first been Repentance, and if there was true Repentance, fruits would be evident). Luke 3:8

JSM