Jun 26, 2006
Ajax
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets be real for a second, or maybe for ever lol

I'll be talking without using verses until people start replying, then i will change from using my words, to usin the scriptures. Well what i want to share with everyone is what most of us wonder at times, we read the bible, and we take in what we learn... but in this generation, i don't knoe about the last generation, but why havn't we seen people who do miracles (REAL miracles as from the bible), why havn't we seen Gods children touch the sick and make them clean?... things like this i wish to engage a topic about

P.s I'm not challenging or doubting the faith i have for God, I'm just trying to open up a new world to some :groupray::clap:

steelmagnolia

Apr 20, 2004
South Eastern Coast
Visit site
✟16,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, the Apostles were given the ability to heal. It was all about the initial starting of the Church. Of course, the original Apostles are gone now, so I suppose that's why we don't see the healing like we saw in the Bible.

You ask a very good question.

Upvote 0

Teekz

Jun 26, 2006
Ajax
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the Apostles were given the ability to heal. It was all about the initial starting of the Church. Of course, the original Apostles are gone now, so I suppose that's why we don't see the healing like we saw in the Bible.

You ask a very good question.

Yesss!!:clap: i'm glad you said the Apostles, please allow me to share with you what God has revealed to me, you might already know it or not lol

Luke 14 " 25Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. 27And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple."

Jesus didn't just stop at the 12 diciples, he intended that those who have accepted him to become a deciple... but it costs

Matthew 7 "13Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Alot of people have read this verse, but have not REALLY read it, FEW will find the way... Few means FEW.. how many christians are in the world?... alot... but the path that is talked about here is beyond religion, it's outside religion.. it's a different path than most take..

Acts 1 4On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit."

The Holy spirit is not recieved as soon as your saved, it's a process, we get a part of the holy spirit in us, but not the FULL spirit... but is it possible to be embraced with the full spirit?... the church claims anyone who is saved has the holy spirit in them, people listen more to man than God, thats why there are none that are TRUE believers of God.. not being a christian, or a muslim or any other religion

Acts 2 "1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them."

The diciples that were with jesus had to go through trials, falls, pain, and so much more before they recieved the Holy ghost... one may say that "well they didn't recieve the holy ghost sooner because Christ was not yet risen", but i think the story of jesus and his deciples is like a guide for us, it's to show how we are to walk, how we will fall but get up, and those who still have faith and listen to GOD will be given the spirit, it's a process. For man baptize with water, but it's God who baptizes with the spirit... people have to understand salvation is free, but to be Gods deciple you have to pay a cost... Lose EVERYTHING, people have not left everything...

The rich young man

Mark 10 "17As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" 18"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. 19You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother."
20"Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy."
21Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
22At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.
23Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!"
24The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, "Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
26The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?"
27Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."
28Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!"
29"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last first."

Why did the deciples see it as impossible?... what jesus said shocked them because jesus meant what he meant when he said LOSE ALL, but he adds that those who wish to follow him cannot do it on there own, it is impossible, but with God he makes it possible. So many of us today think we know everything, or that we are good in our spiritual walk, but alot of us have opened the door for jesus (salvation), but have just sat there, GO AFTER CHRIST, exchange air, for the breath of God, the spirit is real, and the more you move towards God, the more the spirit Grows in you, but your senses will tell you no, people will tell you no, your flesh will war against you, satan will try and stomp on you before you do it, but thats why verses like this pull us through...

2 Corinthians 5 "6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7We live by faith, not by sight."

I pray to God, and for everyone that we push foward because we are all called, but few accept the call... there is levels beyond what we are on right now, Satan is the father of lies he disguises him self in light to fool the nations... if God said that many will be decieved then we really need to take that in "many will be decieved"... God never intended for religion for it is not ONE with him, religion separates Gods people, it sets people against each other... God is outside religion, you don't need to go to a church to be saved, you don't need to go to another person to hear God, you don't need to get truths from another NOT EVEN MY SELF.. don't even listen to what i say ask God to speak with you, read Gods word knowing he will reveal what you don't udnerstand, Don't read the bible with another person interpitation leading you. Ask God to be your teacher and he will lead you, beyond what you can imagine.. We can recieve the Full Holy ghost, it's just no one wants to pick up there cross and go where no man has gone...:sigh:

P.s don't let me full you, i don't speak like i have acomplished this, i am probaby the least among everyone, lol i suck at being his servent but i never give up, and he has not given up on me... trust me once u step out of the lies and start going after the truth, you will go through some serious storms:help:, satan will have legions of demons on you, he will try to crush your soul at any cost, he will try to stomp on your will to hold on, but if you get through the storms o man lol... you will see God in you, you will feel the spirit ACUALLY FEEL HIM:holy:.. it's not a feeling you had before.. it's a brand new thing:clap:

Upvote 0

steelmagnolia

Apr 20, 2004
South Eastern Coast
Visit site
✟16,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Acts 1 4On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit."

you said:
"The Holy spirit is not recieved as soon as your saved, it's a process, we get a part of the holy spirit in us, but not the FULL spirit... but is it possible to be embraced with the full spirit?... the church claims anyone who is saved has the holy spirit in them, people listen more to man than God, thats why there are none that are TRUE believers of God.. not being a christian, or a muslim or any other religion."

Hi :) Ok, this is where I don't see it the way you do. The reason why those believers (that believed before Jesus ascended) didn't have the Holy Spirit is because they had Jesus. The Holy Spirit was sent to be with Christians (after Jesus' ascentions) because Jesus was not going to be there any longer.

The "process" is the process of sanctification - becoming more and more Christ like.

I can hear your love for Christ coming through what you've said. :)

Upvote 0

Teekz

Jun 26, 2006
Ajax
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi :) Ok, this is where I don't see it the way you do. The reason why those believers (that believed before Jesus ascended) didn't have the Holy Spirit is because they had Jesus. The Holy Spirit was sent to be with Christians (after Jesus' ascentions) because Jesus was not going to be there any longer.

The "process" is the process of sanctification - becoming more and more Christ like.

I can hear your love for Christ coming through what you've said. :)

Thankyou for taking the time to read that lol, as you already know christ said that he is the only way to heaven, no one can come to the father except through him.. i liked how you refered to the people before christ... i thought about that too, if christ is the only way then how about those who were before christ, will they go to heaven...

Revelation 20 "1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

May i ask you to read from revelation 20 and up... and you will see there are stages of judgement, and of ressurection... in this life time there will be few who will make it through the narrow path.. those are the ones who will go through the tribulation and resist the evil one.. they will be the priests of God in the new earth.. but satan will be released for a little bit and at this time those who did not get the chance to know christ, and those who died before christ, will have a chance of salvation... God is just and he gives the same chances to everyone... all these things i say, please don't even take them serious lol, God has been showing me pieces by pieces, ask God to show you truth beyond what man teaches.. and by speaking with you i can see your kind hearted.. thankyou:thumbsup:

P.s lol we all have the spirit of God, maybe i expressed it wrong... i just meant when we accept christ his spirit dwells in us... but it's not the FULL spirit, thats what the cost of being a diciple probably means:scratch:

ohh ya i like how you said this

Upvote 0

Teekz

Jun 26, 2006
Ajax
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know what you're saying regarding Matt. 7:13-14
It's very sad. Why will they be shocked? I can name some suspicions as to why. What do you think?

i think they will be shocked beacuse alot of people worship god with there mouths, but there hearts are far away from him. People have lost that passion for God, lol like i think to my self sometimes how were the diciples, or prophets or anyone who died for Gods message were able to do it?.. alot of people can say with there mouths "yes i would die for God', but if put in the situation they would run. I just have this feeling inside of me that there is WAY more than what people see, like deeper truths than what man can teach, or levels than only God can take you to.. i dunno lol maybe i'm looking too much into it haha

P.s why do you think they would be shocked?

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Miracles exist today, ive witnessed healing.
There are quite a few books written by missionary's which have miracles in them. But i agree that not many christians do these things.
Yes indeed. Miracles exist today. I too have witnessed numerous healings. They usually occur in big Christian conferences and conventions when those not born again get invited or are tempted to attend. These are the ones who seem to experience the most miracles. A bit like in the Time of Jesus. Those unsaved seemed more open to the idea of miracles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steelmagnolia

Apr 20, 2004
South Eastern Coast
Visit site
✟16,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I believe miracles happen today - just not like in the days when Jesus walked the earth. When's the last time you saw a man raised from the dead? Man walk on water? Water being turned to wine?

Yes, I believe in healing miracles through prayer and if it is the will of God, anyone can be healed.

Upvote 0

steelmagnolia

Apr 20, 2004
South Eastern Coast
Visit site
✟16,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those before Christ were bound by the old law found in the old test. of the Bible. They had to BELIEVE in the coming Messiah, worship God, burnt sacrafices, etc...

Let me find some scripture on that one for you.

Regarding Matt 7, I agree that many simply worship in word. An example was of myself. I had a "head knowledge" of salvation and I was "ok" with that. However, it was not until 3 years ago this Easter that I really understood and wanted it in my heart. I went years with that head knowledge of salvation and thought I was "good to go". Christ must be on the thrown, not man.

I think people will be shocked because they feel they are a "good person" or "God would not send any person to hell, because God is a loving God, which he is, but he is also JUST. (here is where they fail to see God as a JUST God) I think the reasons why people will be shocked can go on and on. God tells us what we must do to be born again. Some people just don't want to have anything to do with it for various reasons (unbelief, loving their sin too much, etc.)

Regarding people that have died for the cause of Christ, I like to believe that at that very moment, at that split second God gives them a wonderful peace and miraculous grace that conquers all fear. They are in the presence of Christ immediately after death.

2 Corinthians 5:8, "that when we are absent from our bodies we are present with the lord".

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lets be real for a second, or maybe for ever lol

I'll be talking without using verses until people start replying, then i will change from using my words, to usin the scriptures. Well what i want to share with everyone is what most of us wonder at times, we read the bible, and we take in what we learn... but in this generation, i don't knoe about the last generation, but why havn't we seen people who do miracles (REAL miracles as from the bible), why havn't we seen Gods children touch the sick and make them clean?... things like this i wish to engage a topic about

P.s I'm not challenging or doubting the faith i have for God, I'm just trying to open up a new world to some :groupray::clap:

Everything depends on the format you're saying these healings should occur in.
I adamantly reject the type of healings we see done like the Benny Hinn stadium things. That is not how I view biblical healings.

So if that's what you're talking about, I'd say that's WHY you aren't seeing them take place like that. I don't accept that God works that way.

Not that I want to open up dialog on all that.

But if God LEADS US supernaturally to lay hands on a person for healing, then do it as GOD leads you individually.
So far I've never been called to do it, that's why I haven't done it.
To be presumptuous without God's movement upon me TO do it, would be wrong of me.

I'd ask, why isn't God doing these amazing works thru His true church. I've heard all kinds of stories in other countries about miracles going on.

My answer would ultimately be what Jesus said, IF there were more FAITH, He'd of done more miracles in a certain city.
LACKING FAITH in God. (not lacking faith in faith).

Upvote 0

Teekz

Jun 26, 2006
Ajax
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everything depends on the format you're saying these healings should occur in.
I adamantly reject the type of healings we see done like the Benny Hinn stadium things. That is not how I view biblical healings.

So if that's what you're talking about, I'd say that's WHY you aren't seeing them take place like that. I don't accept that God works that way.

Not that I want to open up dialog on all that.

But if God LEADS US supernaturally to lay hands on a person for healing, then do it as GOD leads you individually.
So far I've never been called to do it, that's why I haven't done it.
To be presumptuous without God's movement upon me TO do it, would be wrong of me.

I'd ask, why isn't God doing these amazing works thru His true church. I've heard all kinds of stories in other countries about miracles going on.

My answer would ultimately be what Jesus said, IF there were more FAITH, He'd of done more miracles in a certain city.
LACKING FAITH in God. (not lacking faith in faith).

Yes i too agree that the healings from the tv shows are fake, God does not show his works like that, and i'm glad you said "LACK OF FAITH IN GOD".. thats exactly what it is, people have become dead to God, faith has vanished, and i beleive thats why we don't see the things as when Jesus was still with us... We are not to be christians (religion), but we are to be DECIPLES, thats what the Son sends us out to be to the world, but it costs to be one and no one wants to pay the cost to leave EVERYTHING they have, even them selves and follow God in faith (pick up your cross)... thats what we are lacking, and thats i want to achieve also

P.s.. you know how many things are wrong with the world.. so much things that are against God, and us so called 'christians" are standing at the side lines doing nothing.. We are to be on the FRONT LINES.. thats how the deciples lost there lives, it was because they spoke against the evil of this world.. but we are goin galong with it, creating churches, and comfortable places for all christians to be... man have claimed if your not a "christian" your not with God (or saved), but they fail to realize there on the same plane as everyone else whos claiming these religions
... where are the sheeps among the wolves

Upvote 0

bluemarkus

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
somewhere on google maps
✟17,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
we are living in the last days and we love our lives so much. we have our hands filled and won´t let go so yhvh cannot fill them with his treasures.

there are real apostles today, there are real miracles, but you have to search for a while before the lord will open his treasurebox and show you his glory.

we are the church of laodicea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.