Get to know eachother...

Randi

Jun 13, 2005
✟2,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey, we need to get posting in this forum!!! :wave: So let's tell some things about ourselves...give some basics plus something really interesting about yourself (besides the fact that you're a PK!!! :p )

I'm Randi and I'm 16...I have an older sister and a younger brother. My dad has been the preacher at Pleasant Valley since I was three. I love it here, and love being a PK most of the time. :)

Hmmm...I guess some interesting things about me: I'm homeschooled and I'm graduating this year! :clap: I'm crazy about rats, I have three right now, Notti, Nilla, and Wafer.

What about you?

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Lesee. I'm Megan and I'm from Utah. My dad was the only pastor of my very small home church since I was two. I went to public school all my life. Well, until now. I'm at a Christian college in Seattle right now and I am loving it. I love music and books. So...yeah ^_^

Upvote 0

Eagle_Wings

Just Your Ordinary Average Everyday Sane Psycho.
Nov 18, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey ya'll, I'm Jessie and my dad's been a pastor since I was 5. I've moved a total of 19 times & have lived in 4 states, 14 of those moves were made by the time I was 17! In 8 months I'll be adding another move and state to that list. :D I was homeschooled most of the time, attended public school for 2 1/2 years in Jr. High. 99.9% of the time I've enjoyed being a Pker.

Interesting Fact: Lived in a roughly (& I mean rough- it still had the original flooring so I wasn't allowed to crawl around) renovated barn for the first 2 years of my life. I love it when people ask me if I was born in a barn!

Upvote 0

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Hey, I'm Kimberly. I'm 22 years old and still a PK because I moved back with my family to help do ministry at the church my parents are currently at, and I'm starting to think I was completely crazy when I decided to do that ...well at least really close to completely crazy. I'm the youngest of 4 kids and my brothers live 3 states away so it's really hard to not wish I was there too.

Interesting facts: I love music, though I can be picky about it, and a music festival called Cornerstone, and I'm really into learning about postmodernism.

Upvote 0

Locket

Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm Locket. I live somewhere in the south of the U.S. :) I'm somewhere between 11 and 22, but I will say I'm homeschooled yet in college. I have a yellow lab, I love LOTR and SW, and I love to read. Also, I am scared of the pirahnas on Jak & Daxter :blush:
Oh yes! My dad took his first job as a pastor a few months before I was born, and we have never moved from that church, though he has been three different kinds of pastors so far in that one church :)

:wave:

Upvote 0

aigiqinf

Senior Veteran
Mar 5, 2006
✟14,396.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I am James, my dad has been a pastor since before I was born. My aunt is a pastor and my uncle is ordained but has been dissmissed by the confrence. My dad is currently on incompassity leave, and has been for a few years.
I'm a middle schooler tackling algebra this year in NC.
Err.... Hi.

Upvote 0

EdmundtheJustified

Nov 11, 2006
✟7,758.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Presbyterian (PCA) PK here. My dad's been a pastor for 16 years in the same church here in Sarasota County, FL since I was 5. For me, the experience has been wonderful, although there are a few drawbacks. We have a wonderful church family though, which is great. I am the oldest of five (soon to be 8 though when the adoption of our foster kids goes through), and my siblings and I have always been close. I was born with many problems that somewhat inhibit my independence, and my siblings are very loving, accepting, patient, and helpful.

Upvote 0

aigiqinf

Senior Veteran
Mar 5, 2006
✟14,396.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
My Dad has pastored the same church since before I was born. He LOVES it (it's mutual) and being small, it's given him time for active involvment in his denomination, ecumenical things, and community involvement. He's also a perpetual student (he's working on his second doctorate) and actually likes to study. He's one of those pastors who talks and talks and loves to visit people.

I have two older siblings. My sis just got married to a really nice Catholic guy - a few years older than her. They are seeking a church home - kinda leaning Catholic. She's a grad student getting her Ph.D. in biology. My brother is getting his Ph.D. in math. He is a professional model and loves surfing and clubing. He goes to a HUGE nondenominational church. I'm a senior in college with no idea what in the world I'm going to do next. I've been in a very strong, committed relationship for over two years with another PK. She's almost 3 years older than me so we are both seniors. We go to different schools, but only a few minutes a part. We have together found a Lutheran church were we are pretty involved, although occasionally we go home and enjoy our Dads' churches and our families there.

As the result of some health issues when I was young (all history now), I was homeschooled. Forever. It's why I'm 3 years ahead of things (not because I'm smart). My Mom (mostly) was my teacher until I was like 12 or so, then I mostly did it independent study - although Dad was always my religion teacher and I did math and science at a community college (double dipping credits).

I'm considering going to seminary (probably Lutheran) but not yet, I'm just not ready for that. I'd considering going to grad school or becoming a high school science/math teacher.

I suppose the only "interesting" thing about me is that I spent 5 years in BOTH my home church (Protestant) AND my Catholic Church. I attended weekly worship in both, Bible studies in both, membership classes in both, and was pretty active in my Catholic youth group (which totally rocked). It gives me a sort of "dual" perspective.

I was on staff here at CF (a Supervisor in Ecumenical) until today (sorry, can't discuss!) and as a result, I have a lot more time now to post. I hope to spread out and get to know a lot of new people!

:)

Pax

- Josiah
I'm James, and my dad's been on leave of abscence for a few years now... the people at my dad's last church voted to keep him, but them changed it about a week later when the old pastor came back and said "I'd rather have shot myself between the eyes than gone to that church."
;) Pax to you to

Upvote 0

angels23

Nov 20, 2006
United Arab Emirates
✟7,923.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm Locket. I live somewhere in the south of the U.S. :) I'm somewhere between 11 and 22, but I will say I'm homeschooled yet in college. I have a yellow lab, I love LOTR and SW, and I love to read. Also, I am scared of the pirahnas on Jak & Daxter :blush:
Oh yes! My dad took his first job as a pastor a few months before I was born, and we have never moved from that church, though he has been three different kinds of pastors so far in that one church :)

Hey there, isn't i t tough when your dad's being a pastor rests on some people's decision? And does he get to quit the church if he doesn't like the Job? God Bless
Mine's a Pastor here in the UAE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angels23

Nov 20, 2006
United Arab Emirates
✟7,923.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Hey there, isn't it tough when your dad's being a pastor rests on some people's decision? And does he get to quit the church if he doesn't like the Job? God Bless

Upvote 0

Locket

Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hey there, isn't i t tough when your dad's being a pastor rests on some people's decision? And does he get to quit the church if he doesn't like the Job? God Bless

:scratch: Confusion with the bolded part. Please clarify/rephrase.

Yeah, he gets to quit if he wants. It's a job. Yes, it's very important and it's for God, but he's not in bondage or anything. They pay him for the work he does. If he feels the call to move on, he tells them, turns in his resignation, and off we'd go. Thankfully that's never happened :)

UAE?

Upvote 0

BeautifulDestiny09

Feb 16, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Visit site
✟15,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm Deidre, 20 yr old college sophomore...middle of six, my parents were assistant pastors for a long time until I was about 16 then we left that church and they started their own church. Our church is non-denominational, but we started off in Church of God in Christ, very close to Church of God/Pentecostal churches. One thing I've learned over the years is not to judge ppl by their denomination. Personally, I think its cool to know ppl in other denominations! Being a PK is alright...I guess! lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oneandlonely

Some days its hard to be a One Girl Revolution
Apr 11, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm Bethany, I'm 17, Home schooled, and I live in Indiana. My dad was a Youth Pastor while I was growing up, and we move churches 7 times. We have been in almost every denomination you can think of (even a quaker church for a year), So I prefer to just call myself a Christian.

I don't go to my dad's current church. My parents made a decision that I could go to a different church than my parents so that I'm not looked at as the "PK" and that I have more stability. I don't like thinking that something that I do could effect my dad's job and we would have to move churches again (as it has in the past). So this way I can just be myself, make friends in the church, without having to worry that we might have to move again.

I plan on going to IWU this fall and I'm so excited!

So yeah, just a bit about me :)

Upvote 0

dreamer0609

Sep 20, 2006
Malaysia
✟7,667.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I'm a PK of a Senior Pastor from Methodist Church...

I'm from Malaysia though~so, church in Malaysia :D
i'm currently a university student, pursueing degree in biomedical science,i've one younger sister and one younger brother...we are close enough...

have some broken relationship with Dad few years back, but it's mended now...too much confusions and disobeyance during innocent time..:p

Interesting facts : i Seldom meet another PKs!

Upvote 0

toyjarta

I'm Cath -I can't use my old account u.u-
Jan 22, 2002
✟18,341.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I'm Catherine, I'm 16 (as you can see XD) and my father is a pastor of menonite church here in DR (it has a menonite tradition, but it's not actually menonite, it's complicated). I'm in the last year of school and I'm going to study Industrial Design in college!

Upvote 0