Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Germany elects a new Parliament in September 2021

Do you follow the news?

However the outcome - Angela Merkel will no longer be Chancellor.

There are 3 Candidates:

Laschet - Christian Democratic Union
Scholz - Social Democrats
Baerbock - Green Party

Have you got any preference?

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
alternative-fur-deutschland-dr-alice-weidel-afd-alice-weidel-19698035_0.png

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Germany elects a new Parliament in September 2021

Do you follow the news?

However the outcome - Angela Merkel will no longer be Chancellor.

There are 3 Candidates:

Laschet - Christian Democratic Union
Scholz - Social Democrats
Baerbock - Green Party

Have you got any preference?

Scholz is keen on EU expansion but to Eastern countries like Ukraine and Moldavia where the corruption is terrible, the economy is a basket case, and the costs for the EU are high. In practice, it is Germany and Holland paying the bill.

The main issue right now seems to me to be the economy. The CDU and FDP are the best on that - so I will probably vote for Laschet. It is my first election as an EU citizen

I like the Green agenda but the CDU has mainly bought into that. But some people in the Green party seem to me be on the edge of nutcase insanity with their tax plans for rich people that would drive away investment and version of environmentalism that would sabotage the economy. I want to see an end to the dependence on Russian gas and Arab oil so the green agenda works for me, but the best version of a Green Economy is probably going to come from the CDU

Reactions: Red Gold
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scholz is keen on EU expansion but to Eastern countries like Ukraine and Moldavia where the corruption is terrible, the economy is a basket case, and the costs for the EU are high. In practice, it is Germany and Holland paying the bill.

The main issue right now seems to me to be the economy. The CDU and FDP are the best on that - so I will probably vote for Laschet. It is my first election as an EU citizen

I like the Green agenda but the CDU has mainly bought into that. But some people in the Green party seem to me be on the edge of nutcase insanity with their tax plans for rich people that would drive away investment and version of environmentalism that would sabotage the economy. I want to see an end to the dependence on Russian gas and Arab oil so the green agenda works for me, but the best version of a Green Economy is probably going to come from the CDU

Actually, I am warming to Schultz now as he has more conservative instincts on defense than the people in his party. Also, the economy seems to be on track but there are massive inequalities that need resolving. The CDU is pretty slow on Green reforms I want to see happen also and I am warming to the SPD green economy agenda. But my vote will probably be split between the two main parties (I vote twice) with the hope that Olaf Schultz is Chancellor but the CDU remain in the coalition to moderate the left-wingers in the SPD.

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I am warming to Schultz now as he has more conservative instincts on defense than the people in his party. Also, the economy seems to be on track but there are massive inequalities that need resolving. The CDU is pretty slow on Green reforms I want to see happen also and I am warming to the SPD green economy agenda. But my vote will probably be split between the two main parties (I vote twice) with the hope that Olaf Schultz is Chancellor but the CDU remain in the coalition to moderate the left-wingers in the SPD.

Do you mistake Dutch Schultz for Olav Scholz?

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mistake Dutch Schultz for Olav Scholz?

Not I just cannot spell in German. German words do not stick in my head like English ones despite living here 14 years and being a dual national with a German passport.

Olaf Scholz is the one I meant. But the more I read about him the more I wonder if his commitment to defense spending is what I thought. He seems to think in terms of an EU Army for instance which splits the EU from the US and he seems set on Eastward expansion of the EU. So my vote may yet end up being a full CDU one. The German military remains in a very bad and depleted way.

Olaf Scholz - Wikipedia
German government clashes over defense spending | DW | 02.05.2018

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are 3 Candidates: