Did Facebook CEO "Mark Zuckerberg" Buy The 2020 Election, With His $419 Million In Grants?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you say about Republicans who worked together with Dems. to ensure fair elections?
The 22 Democrats and 22 Republicans on the National Council on Election Integrity met on Zoom at least once a week. They ran ads in six states, made statements, wrote articles and alerted local officials to potential problems. “We had rabid Trump supporters who agreed to serve on the council based on the idea that this is honest,” Wamp says. This is going to be just as important, he told them, to convince the liberals when Trump wins. “Whichever way it cuts, we’re going to stick together.”
Who are the 22 claimed Republicans in the article, waiting?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You mean the rich guy Zuckerberg that spent $419 Million in taking over ballot counting precincts, and appointed the ballot counting process to the unions and AFL-CIO, "Smiles"

That's the jerk in question, and I believe the sum involved, but not the result. I've never seen any claim (and I saw a lot in late 2020) about the Zuckerberg money "taking over ballot counting precincts" AT ALL. (At least not until today)

What I did hear complaints about was clerks using Zuckerberg money to pay for drop boxes or extend voting hours or cover COVID prevention costs at polling places. I heard complaints that it went to "liberal cities" to boost turnout there, but NOTHING about "controlling" anything. What is your source for this?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
NY Post is marginally more believable than the Enquirer.

Getting out the vote is legal, and the campaign was a response to red states' voter suppression efforts.

Thanks, Mr. Zuckerberg, for trying to level a playing field that was tilted to the right by voter suppression.

With all the clamoring for wasteful recounts from the losing candidate, it had to be all hands on deck. Unions to the rescue.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, neither do I know the names of the 22 Dems. It doesn't make a difference the point is that this is one instance of Reps. and Dems. that were concerned about the elections joining together to protect them from corruption.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's the jerk in question, and I believe the sum involved, but not the result. I've never seen any claim (and I saw a lot in late 2020) about the Zuckerberg money "taking over ballot counting precincts" AT ALL. (At least not until today)
From the OP at the "New York Post" Below, Zuckerberg funded a private takeover of the government election process, loud, clear, and before your eyes "Private Resources And Personell"

From The Op:

He funded a targeted, private takeover of government election operations
by nominally nonpartisan — but demonstrably ideological — nonprofit organizations.

Analysis conducted by our team demonstrates this money significantly increased Joe Biden’s vote margin in key swing states. In places like Georgia, where Biden won by 12,000 votes, and Arizona, where he won by 10,000, the spending likely put him over the top.

This unprecedented merger of public election offices with private resources and personnel is an acute threat to our republic and should be the focus of electoral reform efforts moving forward.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You can see the current members here.

Among them are

The Hon. Michael Steele​

Former RNC Chair & Lt. Gov. (R-MD) [Literally the former chair of the GOP]

The Hon. Barbara Comstock​

Former U.S. Rep. (R-VA)

The Hon. Zach Wamp​

Former U.S. Rep. (R-TN)

The Hon. Charles Boustany​

Former U.S. Rep. (R-LA)

The Hon. Michael Chertoff​

Former Sec. of Homeland Security (under W)

The Hon. Dan Coats​

Former Dir. of Intelligence & U.S. Sen. (R-IN)

The Hon. Carlos Curbelo​

Former U.S. Rep. (R-FL)

The Hon. Chuck Hagel​

Former Sec. of Defense & U.S. Sen. (R-NE)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Note that OP articles are from 2021. This is from 2022.​

Federal election officials clear Zuckerberg's 2020 election administration grants

The Federal Election Commission unanimously voted to dismiss a complaint over the 2020 nonpartisan election-administration grants funded primarily by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan.

The grants provoked significant ire among many conservatives in the aftermath of the election and was used by some to further false claims of widespread election fraud. But new documents published by the FECshow that in a 6-0 vote, the commission agreed that there's "no reason to believe" the non-profit, Zuckerberg or Chan committed any wrongdoing.

The agency, evenly divided with commissioners from both parties, regularly deadlocks instead of reaching conclusions on complaints. [But this vote was unanimous.]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,580.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's worth pointing out that the author of this claim is Hans von Spakovsky. He was well known for spreading conspiracy theories about Democratic voter fraud when he was working as an election official. That's actually why he was never confirmed for a permanent seat on the FEC.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can see the current members here.

Among them are

The Hon. Michael Steele​

Former RNC Chair & Lt. Gov. (R-MD) [Literally the former chair of the GOP]

The Hon. Barbara Comstock​

Former U.S. Rep. (R-VA)

The Hon. Zach Wamp​

Former U.S. Rep. (R-TN)

The Hon. Charles Boustany​

Former U.S. Rep. (R-LA)

The Hon. Michael Chertoff​

Former Sec. of Homeland Security (under W)

The Hon. Dan Coats​

Former Dir. of Intelligence & U.S. Sen. (R-IN)

The Hon. Carlos Curbelo​

Former U.S. Rep. (R-FL)

The Hon. Chuck Hagel​

Former Sec. of Defense & U.S. Sen. (R-NE)
You mention 8, only 14 more to go, waiting?

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

I think the AoD is on the earth
Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm quoting from the opinion article, not the liberal biased "Time" article provided
Oof, now I understand your disagreement.
Just putting it out there, I agree the 2020 election was "suspicious" to say the least, which is why I provided that article, as they even admitted to tampering. Nowhere in our governmental process are private individuals responsible for "fortifying" the election, as our government should be a reflection of the will of the people. Thought it would help!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe that the 2020 and subsequent elections are tainted, simply because of the rapacious suppression techniques carried out by mostly red states. The Texas legislature, which seems to be doing everything it can other than holding a 24 hour election day curfew in Houston on Election Day, is the most egregious offender.

After the disastrous weakening of the Voting Rights Act, red states went into overdrive passing bills introducing the very kinds of abuses that had made the Voting Rights Bill necessary in the first place.

I think that they were horrified in 2018 to see how many progressive Americans turned out at the polls when faced with a president who could charitably be called a menace...

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oof, now I understand your disagreement.
Just putting it out there, I agree the 2020 election was "suspicious" to say the least, which is why I provided that article, as they even admitted to tampering. Nowhere in our governmental process are private individuals responsible for "fortifying" the election, as our government should be a reflection of the will of the people. Thought it would help!
I confess!
Me and 81 million other people conspired to deny Donald J. Trump (The Best American) re-election by voting for Joe R Biden.
Whew! I feel better!

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Buying elections is not exactly a new thing. It's just more sophisticated now.
Buying elections is easy now, whenever there is an incumbent.

If you are the one in office, you bribe oil companies and the Saudis to lower prices for the last 6 months of the campaign.

If you are the challenger you bribe them to raise prices.

when you have 2 new challengers is when it gets a bit more complicated.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From the OP at the "New York Post" Below, Zuckerberg funded a private takeover of the government election process, loud, clear, and before your eyes "Private Resources And Personell"

From The Op:

He funded a targeted, private takeover of government election operations
by nominally nonpartisan — but demonstrably ideological — nonprofit organizations.

Analysis conducted by our team demonstrates this money significantly increased Joe Biden’s vote margin in key swing states. In places like Georgia, where Biden won by 12,000 votes, and Arizona, where he won by 10,000, the spending likely put him over the top.

This unprecedented merger of public election offices with private resources and personnel is an acute threat to our republic and should be the focus of electoral reform efforts moving forward.

An article from a far right think tank alleging to summarize some sort of study. The web page of that think tank lists the same summary published in a couple dozen right-wing publications as the fullness of its "work" to date. No sign of the report itself that I could see. Credibility of their analysis seems low until more evidence is presented by them.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Voters voted legally. That's not stealing.
Supporting civic engagement is not stealing.
It would look that way if one's party has retreated to gerrymandering and voter suppression in an attempt to shore up the support lost by their policies becoming more and more irrelevant to the majority of voters.

• Agree
Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0