Visit site
✟15,141.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, we got a good rain this PM in Columbus. The ground had gotton so dry and it was so sad to see everything dying. We have had such water restrictions on our yard watering, etc. I am happy that we got some rain and VERY thankful. We really need some more though. Hope you all are OK and not affected too badly by the storm. Looked like the southwest part of GA may get hit a little harder.

Upvote 0

feathergirl

Aurora's Mama
Aug 6, 2004
New York
Visit site
✟10,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We just got back home from visiting GA. We stayed with my grandparents in Moultrie. We were there all week and on the day we left(Saturday) it starts raining. Hopefully the rain will clear up the smoke and fires. Monday we didn't do much of anything just relaxed after the drive. It took us like 24 hours to get there from NY. Aurora did really well with the drive down and back. She slept some and just talked and played in her carseat. Tuesday we went to Panama City beach in Florida. It was ok, but my husband wishes we'd gone to Daytona instead. And it sounds like you guys say "Panamaw City." My Grandpa took Larry up in his little 2 person plane. So now Larry wants to move to GA and get his pilot's license. My uncle is an instructer for that. On Thursday we got to go visit Pebble Hill Plantation in Thomasville. I thought it was fun(Larry was bored I think, but he went cuz I wanted to.) We need to go back sometime so we can take a tour of the grounds, not just the house. On Friday we went to my cousin's wedding. It was a nice wedding. We tried to burn the table down at the reception afterwards. We had a table near the doors and one of the napkins got in the candle somehow. The little kids were so cute, they were up by the stage dancing. I wish Aurora was big enough to join in on it. I guess that's all for now. See ya. :wave:

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We just got back home from visiting GA. We stayed with my grandparents in Moultrie. We were there all week and on the day we left(Saturday) it starts raining. Hopefully the rain will clear up the smoke and fires. Monday we didn't do much of anything just relaxed after the drive. It took us like 24 hours to get there from NY. Aurora did really well with the drive down and back. She slept some and just talked and played in her carseat. Tuesday we went to Panama City beach in Florida. It was ok, but my husband wishes we'd gone to Daytona instead. And it sounds like you guys say "Panamaw City." My Grandpa took Larry up in his little 2 person plane. So now Larry wants to move to GA and get his pilot's license. My uncle is an instructer for that. On Thursday we got to go visit Pebble Hill Plantation in Thomasville. I thought it was fun(Larry was bored I think, but he went cuz I wanted to.) We need to go back sometime so we can take a tour of the grounds, not just the house. On Friday we went to my cousin's wedding. It was a nice wedding. We tried to burn the table down at the reception afterwards. We had a table near the doors and one of the napkins got in the candle somehow. The little kids were so cute, they were up by the stage dancing. I wish Aurora was big enough to join in on it. I guess that's all for now. See ya. :wave:
Ya'll went right through my hometown! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Shad6374

Aug 18, 2007
Georgia
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I'm late but Forest Park,Ga reporting for duty. :wave:

Currently reside in Forest Park,Ga. but have lived all over the state at one time or another all the way from Rome in the north to Valdosta in the south. Lived here all 33 years of my life and while I hate the hot I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just would like some snow every once in a while and I'm happy.

Upvote 0

Shad6374

Aug 18, 2007
Georgia
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow 3 days in a row of good soaking rain where I'm at although it seems the same places are getting it over and over while everyonelse is staying dry.

:prayer: *Prays*:prayer:

*Lord thank you for the rains you have given us in recent days and father I pray that in days and weeks to come that you spread it around so others may enjoy the benefits of it as well. In your name I pray.....AMEN*

Upvote 0

lostwithoutu

Apr 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey does anyone from the GA forum ever get together?

I mean there's probably ( i haven't read all the posts on the GA thread) a LOT of CF members in the metro atl area and surrounding counties that could get together on a weeknight or weekend sometime just to hang out and get to know one another. Has that happened yet? Sorry I'm still a little new.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs.Sidhe

Jan 11, 2005
East Central Georgia
✟5,040.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven't heard of a GA get together--but I don't live in metro Atlanta or that area (I used to live in the Northeast part of Georgia, but now I live in the CSRA part of Georgia--Augusta and that area)

Maybe people can start talking about one---or have get togethers for their part of Georgia--that would be cool.

Upvote 0

lostwithoutu

Apr 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't heard of a GA get together--but I don't live in metro Atlanta or that area (I used to live in the Northeast part of Georgia, but now I live in the CSRA part of Georgia--Augusta and that area)

Maybe people can start talking about one---or have get togethers for their part of Georgia--that would be cool.
lots of forums have weekly get togethers in their areas and monthly or whatever get togethers where everyone shows up from as far as 100 miles plus. It's crazy fun and a great way to meet people. I'm willing to host one in the metro atl area if there are any takers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lostwithoutu

Apr 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just moved to the metro atl area. I'd love to make some new local friends!:)
If you like hanging out and listening to music our youth group has stuff going on pretty much all week long especially on the weekends. Come chill with us we're always looking for new friends too.

I've met everyone I hang out with anymore through my local church lots of cool people.

Upvote 0

cakes&buttercream

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
USA
✟32,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you like hanging out and listening to music our youth group has stuff going on pretty much all week long especially on the weekends. Come chill with us we're always looking for new friends too.

I've met everyone I hang out with anymore through my local church lots of cool people.
What area is your youth group in?

Upvote 0

lostwithoutu

Apr 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What area is your youth group in?
The church is located in Dunwoody, but we're all over the place. A few of us live around the Sandy Springs area , some in Gwinnett and Dekalb. The group is pretty much broken up into cell groups depening on their location.

Upvote 0