✟8,435.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This article explains the hysteria surrounding Bush:

I'm extremely impressed by the objectivity of the article you presented, and the clearly-sourced evidence it provided to support the conclusions it presented.

In the real world, the "article" you provided is yet another partisan hack at anybody who doesn't support the policies of the current administration. It premises its entire argument with a quote from a conservative pundit by the name of Charles Krauthammer.

"the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency -- nay -- the very existence of George W. Bush."

This "definition" of "Bush derangement syndrome" is very easily disproven by the most mundane of logic. "The acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people" has got to be some sort of logical fallacy, as the people who froth at the mouth are the same abnormal people who'd do that to any president they disagree with. Likewise the vast majority of the population expresses a quiet dissent with President Bush, evident in polls and at the voting booth, yet not particularly evident in protests. As for "the policies, the presidency -- nay -- the very existence of George W. Bush", Krauthammer falls deeply into the mire of partisan bias. The very existence of George W. Bush is easily disproven in the fact that his opposition nationally coincided with his candidacy nationally. Locally his opposition obviously would have begun earlier, but even then it is safe to conclude that nobody significant experienced an "acute onset of paranoia" when George H.W. Bush had his child. That his presidency is the key factor may be true in some extremely partisan cases, and I understand Mr. Krauthammer's viewpoint here, because he in fact is partisan enough to oppose a Democrat's presidency simply because he is a Democrat. Nonetheless, the vast majority of President Bush's dissent lies in disagreement with policy and his lacking achievements as the President of the United States. Without any evidence to the contrary, it is a safe assessment to say that the majority of Americans base their opposition to the President off tangible issues such as a controversial war, tax cuts steeply favoring the wealthy, and the like.

Your "objective" "article" then proceeds to compare dissenting citizens to "barbarians" and "thugs" and proceeds to imply that they are terrorists by describing them as "indistinguishable from the barbarians we are currently fighting". It then turns to the "average voter" and implies that the two dominant reasons they wouldn't vote for Bush in 2000 were due to media propaganda or party alignment. For a President who lost the popular vote in 2000 to Al Gore, there's a lot to be said about Al Gore's popularity amongst the voters, for a variety of reasons.

Honestly, I'm done with this rot. You keep posting this nonsense, and I'm going to put you on ignore. I was initially interested in you as a debater, Spyridon. Your use of completely biased and partisan blogs as "evidence" and your continual hacking at every single Democrat on the table while you claim neutrality speaks a great deal about your intellectual honesty and independent thought.

-Elias

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree John. There's nothing worse than fronting and 'objective' position as a method of trying to gain credibility just to make false claims and dumb ad homs against those who dont support bush. Oh, and the most popular strawman by bush apologists is in the op by asking 'How can bush be an idiot and an evil mastermind at the same time.' i have never seen anyone make that statement yet it lives on. Meh, who needs honesty in politics?

Upvote 0

SpyridonOCA

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It would seem that liberals got so used to the peace and prosperity of the 1990s, a peace and prosperity which Reagan's policies created, that they'd be upset that President Bush would ruin the party by confronting Islamic extremism after 9/11. It would seem, then, that the Democrat Party is no longer the party of Truman, Kennedy, and FDR but Howard Dean, Jimmy Carter, and George McGovern.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Bush is a liberal. Not the same kind as some other libs, but still a liberal. I'd go back and re-word the OP to start off with: I love President Bush and I wont hide that fact by trying to pretend I dont.

Upvote 0

SpyridonOCA

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love President Bush just as one should love any president. Conservatives will remember Bush for his tax cuts, judicial appointees, and protecting us from terrorism after 9/11. As long as he fulfills what a conservative president should do, Bush will have the support of conservatives.

Upvote 0

SpyridonOCA

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I disagree with the almost fanatical praise one sees at a party convention, I believe that Zell Miller had some important things to say regarding the current state of the Democratic Party:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=36HjSAZ3k_w&feature=related

Which party today is more like the party of Truman and FDR?

Upvote 0

SpyridonOCA

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I disagree with the almost fanatical praise one sees at a party convention, I believe that Zell Miller had some important things to say regarding the current state of the Democratic Party:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=36HjSAZ3k_w&feature=related

Which party today is more like the party of Truman and FDR?

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Rejection of authority breeds anarchy. Would you agree?

Rejection of tyrannical authority breeds freedom.

Rejection of illegimate authority breeds rule of law.

Rejection of false authority breeds intelligence (c.f., argumentum ad verecundium).

So the answer is no.

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I love President Bush just as one should love any president. Conservatives will remember Bush for ...protecting us from terrorism after 9/11.

That is a lie. Bush has not protected us from terrorism. I have!

I crafted a great magickal work on September 12, 2001 that has since protected the contiguous United States from terrorism.

It is my magic that protects not Bush. After all, we've not been attacked have we?

(Note: this is sarcasm.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpyridonOCA

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The more I learn about Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, the more I see that Bush is preferrable to Al Gore and John Kerry. Our political system is obviously flawed, and to someone with a conservative viewpoint, Bush is the lesser of two evils. This is why Bush, despite low approval ratings, is supported by a majority of Republicans.

While I strongly dislike what Bush has done to the reputation of the Republican Party and America's image abroad, I also strongly dislike the almost fanatical hatred for our president that passes off as normal, even virtuous.

http://opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110010861

Even Bill Clinton, someone I strongly disapprove of, is not someone I would compare to Hitler. Bush, despite how irrational some of his decisions have been, is still deserving of the respect one should give to any American president.

Upvote 0

SpyridonOCA

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Prove that the latter exists and you might have a point.

Oh wait. You can't. That's why it's called faith.

Most Americans still consider themselves to be Christian. As Christians, they should honor the authority of President Bush, despite his flaws.

Romans 13

Submission to the Authorities

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Most Americans still consider themselves to be Christian. As Christians, they should honor the authority of President Bush, despite his flaws.

Romans 13

Submission to the Authorities
[snip]

I'll note your quotation mentioned nothing about honoring the person in the office, only the government. That's the logical equivalent of saying we need to obey the law. It says nothing about saying the office holder is lying, warmongering, and stupid you-know-what.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums