Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I won't lie, its kind of disgusting how hes been portrayed. With angels wings, a halo, an innocent man. No doubt he was murdered of course, but innocent. I don't think so. He was high when caught, even dropped a bag of cocaine and was committing forgery at the time.

And had resisted as well. To what extent is yet to be revealed.

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I won't lie, its kind of disgusting how hes been portrayed. With angels wings, a halo, an innocent man. No doubt he was murdered of course, but innocent. I don't think so. He was high when caught, even dropped a bag of cocaine and was committing forgery at the time.
One of the great Christian contributions to Western Civilization is the idea that even bad people are entitled to respect and decent treatment, since all people, even the very worst, are created in the image of God. America doesn't (officially, anyway) torture prisoners or mistreat prisoners of war. And it is an established principle of American law that an accused person's past conduct that is not directly related to the case is not admissible as evidence by the prosecution.

And, just for good measure, odds are that George Floyd was passing a bad bill without knowing that it was bad. Happens all the time in convenience stores. When the customer expresses surprise, it is usually genuine. The actual counterfeiter is several steps back in the past.

So what you're arguing here is that we Americans ought to go back to the good 'ol uncivilized way that things were done before those wimpy Christians spread their weak, loser philosophy everywhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't know funerals were attended by invitation.

"You are cordially invited to attend the funeral of....."

Maybe they forgot the racist remarks Biden has made.
Call it what you will but families do call people and ask them to attend.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I didn't know funerals were attended by invitation.

Depends on the family's wishes. Normally, friends and acquaintances are expected to attend, although in the case of public figures, there's usually a very select list for privacy reasons.

Generally speaking, though, a person would have to be considered a grade-A cretin to be barred at the door...

"You are cordially invited to attend the funeral of....."

Or not invited, if the would-be guest is considered odious by the family...

McCain doesn't want Trump at funeral, friends tell White House

Must Reads: Two funerals and a wedding: The shunning of Donald Trump

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Call it what you will but families do call people and ask them to attend.

And ole' Joe wasn't above letting a tragedy go to waste.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Depends on the family's wishes. Normally, friends and acquaintances are expected to attend, although in the case of public figures, there's usually a very select list for privacy reasons.

And what would be the purpose of inviting a presidential candidate to the funeral of someone unknown to that candidate?

Generally speaking, though, a person would have to be considered a grade-A cretin to be barred at the door...

Or someone who has a hard time keeping his hands off women, or telling people how to vote based on the skin color of the one whose funeral he's attending.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And what would be the purpose of inviting a presidential candidate to the funeral of someone unknown to that candidate?

You'd have to take that up with the family -- the vast majority of people do not consult me when planning funerals.

Or someone who has a hard time keeping his hands off women, or telling people how to vote based on the skin color of the one whose funeral he's attending.

While those, too, are legitimate reasons to keep Donald away, I suspect that in the cases of the McCain and Cummings families, they had many more reasons that he was neither invited nor welcome. Again, though, you'd have to ask them; I can only speculate.

But fret not, friend -- The day will come when Donald will indeed be invited to the funeral of a prominent American citizen... because it would be logistically impossible not to invite him.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You'd have to take that up with the family -- the vast majority of people do not consult me when planning funerals.

Good thing.

While those, too, are legitimate reasons to keep Donald away, I suspect that in the cases of the McCain and Cummings families, they had many more reasons that he was neither invited nor welcome. Again, though, you'd have to ask them; I can only speculate.

But fret not, friend -- The day will come when Donald will indeed be invited to the funeral of a prominent American citizen... because it would be logistically impossible not to invite him.

It never surprises me when you attempt to divert attention from whatever the subject is, to Trump. Are you his biggest fan?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Good thing.

Agreed -- funerals are so depressing.

Now weddings, on the other hand -- fun to officiate, and free food afterwards!

It never surprises me when you attempt to divert attention from whatever the subject is, to Trump. Are you his biggest fan?

We were just discussing him a minute ago -- posts #404 and 406

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Agreed -- funerals are so depressing.

Now weddings, on the other hand -- fun to officiate, and free food afterwards!

And usually no democrats exploiting it to gain votes.

We were just discussing him a minute ago -- posts #404 and 406

You discussed him in 404, I said nothing about him (even though you clearly wished I had) in 406.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And usually no democrats exploiting it to gain votes.

And no republicans trying to prevent it for the same reason... not anymore, anyway.

upload_2020-6-10_17-13-18.jpeg

You discussed him in 404, I said nothing about him (even though you clearly wished I had) in 406.

Ah, my bad -- you mentioned someone "having a hard time keeping his hands off women," and I assumed you meant Donald...

I should've known... "having a hard time" clearly indicates an effort not to do something.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the great Christian contributions to Western Civilization is the idea that even bad people are entitled to respect and decent treatment, since all people, even the very worst, are created in the image of God. America doesn't (officially, anyway) torture prisoners or mistreat prisoners of war. And it is an established principle of American law that an accused person's past conduct that is not directly related to the case is not admissible as evidence by the prosecution.

And, just for good measure, odds are that George Floyd was passing a bad bill without knowing that it was bad. Happens all the time in convenience stores. When the customer expresses surprise, it is usually genuine. The actual counterfeiter is several steps back in the past.

So what you're arguing here is that we Americans ought to go back to the good 'ol uncivilized way that things were done before those wimpy Christians spread their weak, loser philosophy everywhere.
Not sure what you're talking about really. I never talked about how someone should be treated. I'm just saying there are plenty of black men who were truly innocent people that were killed by cops that could have been picked as the face of the protests.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You mean you want me to bow down and virtue signal?
Nope, never said anything about virtue signaling. Actually, I don't think I wrote that I wanted you to do anything at all.

I was simply pointing out that the post I quoted was making claims with zero evidence to back them up.

Upvote 0