Apr 1, 2016
Fl
✟77,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace in Christ.

The 4th day in Genesis 1 is about ruling (the greater light “rules” the day, the lesser light “rules” the night).

It is about the rule of the government/kingdom of God It is all about His established commandments and doing them in the kingdom of God.

God made the 2 “great lights” in the expanse of the Heaven…that is, in our hearing (the “expanse”) of that which is from Heaven: the hearing of the Word of Truth (“And God said…”) spoken in the Spirit of Truth sent from Heaven.

Genesis 1:
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the expanse of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

The 2 great lights = the 2 greatest commandments given to those who are of the “Day”…the children of the Day who love God. They are established in the ears of those who will hear and obey.

Those who love God will do His commandments at the hearing (the “expanse”) of that which is from Heaven.

The DOING of His commandments separate those who are of the Day from those who are of the Night. They separate those of the light from those of the darkness.

Those of the Day will do His commandments and will have light shine upon their hearts and will enter in to greater understanding of the mysteries of the kingdom.

Those of the Night will not do His commandments as they will stay “asleep” (not remembering) to doing His commandments in the “night” of not understanding and will not enter into His knowledge.

Those who are of the night will respond to the hearing of His knowledge with the works of darkness: envy, strife, contentions, etc. and will stay outside in the darkness of not understanding.

And God set them (the 2 greatest commandments) in the firmament (hearing) of the heaven to give light upon the earth.

His commandments are set/established in our hearing (the expanse) of the knowledge of God which is spoken from Heaven: “HEAR, O Israel…”.

(Mar 12:29 KJV) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

The “greater light” is the first commandment while the “lesser light” is the second commandment and they are set/established in our hearing (the “expanse”).

(Mar 12:30 KJV) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

(Mar 12:31 KJV) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Those who will DO His commandments are in the kingdom/government of God (“you are not far from the kingdom of God”).

The scribe who answered Jesus in Mark 12 was not far from the kingdom of God as all he had to do is DO them. Thus, the 4th day in Genesis is about the kingdom of God and His 2 great lights...the 2 greatest commandments.

(Mar 12:34 KJV) And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

“He made the stars also”…that is, His statutes.

If we keep His commandments and His statutes, we shall have fruitful seasons and our days shall be prolonged. The doing of His statutes and commandments are for fruitful “seasons” and for a prolonged/eternal life… for “days and years”.

Deu 4:40 KJV
(40) Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

His commandments are for "seasons"...fruitful seasons.

Lev 26:3-4 KJV
(3) If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
(4) Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.

His commandments are for “days and years” as they will prolong our lives in this earth if we keep them. As Jesus said, do these commandments and live:

(Luk 10:27 KJV) And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

(Luk 10:28 KJV) And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

They are for “days and years”. By the doing of His commandments, we shall live as our days shall be prolonged in this earth of which we shall possess.

(Deu 5:33 KJV) Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.

The lesser light rules the night: We are to love our enemies also.

The “lesser light” rules the night when we have love even for those who hate us…those who are of the “night”.

In the kingdom/government of God, we shall have “rule” over our enemies as well by the doing of His commandment to love even for those who hate and persecute us.
Rom 12:19-21 KJV

(19) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
(20) Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
(21) Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

When we do His commandments, we shall also be as “lights” shining in the darkness of this world.

Php 2:13-16 KJV

(13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
(14) Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
(15) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
(16) Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

If we keep and do His statutes, we shall shine as the stars in the sight of the nations. They are for our wisdom and our understanding.

Deu 4:5-6 KJV

(5) Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
(6) Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

They are for “signs”. When we do His commandments (those things pertaining to the kingdom/government of God), we are seen as infallible proofs (sure signs) in this world that Jesus is alive.

Act 1:3 KJV
(3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God
:

(Gen 1:17 KJV) And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Last edited:
Reactions: TedT