Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Support for gay marriage among Generation Z has fallen 11% since 2021, according to a Thursday poll from the Survey Center on American Life.

The poll revealed a number of political shifts amongst Gen Z, including changing attitudes on gay marriage, feminism, political affiliation and belief in political leaders. Support for gay marriage among Gen Z fell from 80% in 2021 to 69% in 2023.

Gen Z men also appear to hold less favorable views of feminism than their Millennial counterparts; 43% of Gen Z men identify as feminists compared to 52% of millennial men, while 28% of white Gen Z men identify as liberals compared to 34% of white millennial men, according to the poll.

Sharp decline in Gen Z support for same-sex marriage. Gen Z used to be much more in favor of it than older generations, now they are not. Generation Z and the Transformation of American Adolescence: How Gen Z’s Formative Experiences Shape Its Politics, Priorities, and Future - The Survey Center on American Lifepic.twitter.com/ozgwfB8P98
— Rob Henderson (@robkhenderson) November 10, 2023

Among Gen Z and Millennials, only 34% of each generation said political leaders could generally be trusted, compared to 54% for Generation X and 66% of Baby Boomers, according to the poll.

Continued below.

Reactions: Divide

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I saw this on Twitter a few days ago and thought it was interesting. All other cohorts saw about a 1% increase in support while zoomers saw an 11% decrease. I had a couple theories about that:

1. Part of me wonders if it's because of the rise in transgenderism as a component of LGBT community, because it introduces all these logical inconsistencies into the philosophy. Like, if a person is homosexual, then they think they're the opposite sex, but they're still attracted to the sex they were before...are they no longer homosexual? So maybe for the zoomers who are sucked into this sinful philosophy they decline comes from some notion that a chunk of gay people may actually be trans and therefore not actually gay?

It was this weird thought process I had, but it illustrates the deep confusion at the root of the entire LGBT mindset. Obviously we know that's all wrong and sinful, but in trying to make sense of their philosophy that's what I thought they might be thinking.

2. Another possibility could be just zoomers decline in support for marriage in general. There seems to be so many these days who genuinely see marriage as pointless, a ceremonial formality to their already committed relationship kind of like a podium ceremony after a race. They have no sense of the spiritual significance of marriage so it's cast aside like a relic of a "less evolved society".

3. Or maybe it's exactly as it looks: zoomers are having some kind of moral revival recognizing that it's wrong and opposition is spreading.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My guess is that it has much to do with the transgender issue. Even homosexual groups
are distancing themselves from the LGBTQ+ movement and saying they never intended
for things to go this far. All they wanted was equal rights.

Well, the slippery slope has been made and will be difficult to get off of it.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0