Feb 5, 2005
✟26,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
saw this link (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/politics/14711130.htm) in another thread

and this puzzled me

the rankings released Wednesday look at two hot-button issues in hopes of encouraging new alliances between gay-rights and abortion-rights groups.

anyone have any idea why?
what connection can there be between the two issues?

furthermore, what if a 'gay gene' is discovered and parents could choose to abort a gay child?

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's part of the package. Along with higher taxes, more regulations, a desire to see courts usurp even more power from legislatures, opposition to school choice, support of preferences for certain groups, further weakening of the second amendment, a view of the establishment clause of the first amendment which is the opposite of what it says, a push to legalize euthanasia and so on and so on. The package can be found here and there at the Center for American Progress, in the goals of groups funded by George Soros, in the Democratic Party platform, from the utterances of Hollywood stars, on the front page of the New York Times (but more obviously in the Sunday Magazine section), in statements issued by the Worker's World Party via A.N.S.W.E.R. and so on and so on.

Not everyone subscribes to it all of course. But many do. Some even if they disagree. Solidarity demands it.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Spinrad said:
Maybe they all kind of feel a kinship in their struggle to maintain personal liberty against consevatives and theocrats who wish to make certain everone lives according their anti American standards.

Maybe they are don't know that America isn't about personal desires but public virture in an effort to uplift the innocent.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wanderingone said:
Recognizing the right of the individual to be free from laws based on specific religious beliefs?

Far better to realize that laws not founded in religious virtue require more laws to define and more control to enforce.....

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOVE the way the Republicans banded together on this thread to start bashing liberals and Democrats.

Gay rights and abortion are really two separate, distinct issues -- except within six months of elections when they can be strung together as divisive campaign issues to try to rally social conservatives to the Republican Party.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LittleNipper said:
Far better to realize that laws not founded in religious virtue require more laws to define and more control to enforce.....

Source for your theory? I suspect you only support public laws that match your personal view of religious "virtue"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rebel_Conservative said:
what if a 'gay gene' is discovered and parents could choose to abort a gay child?

So what if a "gay gene" was discovered? This wouldnt change my beliefs in any way , as sin nature is passed to all men from adam , i would just say that is the particular sin that the person would be most "given" to .

If anyone would abort a baby just because of that , they would be shameful in my opinion and certainly no better than what they are objecting to because that would make them a murderer .

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
rebel_conservative said:
what connection can there be between the two issues?

Both are up against an ultra-conservative powerhouse who wishes to push Christian values on everyone, be they Christian or not. That's not liberty.

rebel_conservative said:
furthermore, what if a 'gay gene' is discovered and parents could choose to abort a gay child?

So what? Oh, I get it, because the gays are so anxious to recruit more gays and all that nonsense. I'll let you in on a little secret, gays want to be accepted as fellow human beings, and have no real desire to produce more "gays." Stop listening to the propoganda. This little nugget is only produced to make gays "scary" so the powers that be can take advantage of that fear. On the other hand, it sure works come election time.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
JGG said:
Both are up against an ultra-conservative powerhouse who wishes to push Christian values on everyone, be they Christian or not. That's not liberty.

So what? Oh, I get it, because the gays are so anxious to recruit more gays and all that nonsense. I'll let you in on a little secret, gays want to be accepted as fellow human beings, and have no real desire to produce more "gays." Stop listening to the propoganda. This little nugget is only produced to make gays "scary" so the powers that be can take advantage of that fear. On the other hand, it sure works come election time.

Most excellent posting - deserving of a re-read by everybody.:clap:

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,930.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Voegelin said:
It's part of the package. Along with higher taxes, more regulations, a desire to see courts usurp even more power from legislatures, opposition to school choice, support of preferences for certain groups, further weakening of the second amendment, a view of the establishment clause of the first amendment which is the opposite of what it says, a push to legalize euthanasia and so on and so on. The package can be found here and there at the Center for American Progress, in the goals of groups funded by George Soros, in the Democratic Party platform, from the utterances of Hollywood stars, on the front page of the New York Times (but more obviously in the Sunday Magazine section), in statements issued by the Worker's World Party via A.N.S.W.E.R. and so on and so on.

Not everyone subscribes to it all of course. But many do. Some even if they disagree. Solidarity demands it.

Now remember kids, when demonizing your enemy, be sure to paint with a broad brush. ^_^

Upvote 0