Gay people and their focus and influence...

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I know a gay guy who tells me how it is...

The crux of the issue is the gay people used to be repressed and in being that way trans sublimination made their desires change into saintly actions I don't understand and can't.

The recent gay marriage and acceptance of homosexuality has deprived working Christians of a source of help. Repressed gay people who dedicated their lives to the good fight against evil.

My understanding of this is from a conservative gay man. Is it nonsense or does it carry water?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The crux of the issue is the gay people used to be repressed and in being that way trans sublimination made their desires change into saintly actions I don't understand and can't.The recent gay marriage and acceptance of homosexuality has deprived working Christians of a source of help. Repressed gay people who dedicated their lives to the good fight against evil.My understanding of this is from a conservative gay man. Is it nonsense or does it carry water?

It certainly could be one man's analysis. It's worth consideration.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

The crux of the issue is the gay people used to be repressed and in being that way trans sublimination made their desires change into saintly actions I don't understand and can't.

The recent gay marriage and acceptance of homosexuality has deprived working Christians of a source of help. Repressed gay people who dedicated their lives to the good fight against evil.

My understanding of this is from a conservative gay man. Is it nonsense or does it carry water?

635347412552170157waitwhatgif.gif

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yeah life is getting harder for the repressed gay man. The one victim everyone forgets about.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't see why Christians aren't fighting for gay rights. At the very least the conservative Christians should think that everyone should have the right to sin, God gave us this freedom when God gave us free-will (Not saying that homosexuality is a sin). At the most, Christianity tends to stand with the oppressed rather than oppressor and victimising someone because of sexual orientation is very low, I still hear about people getting beaten up because they accidentally approach obviously gay homophobes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At the very least the conservative Christians should think that everyone should have the right to sin,
No one has the "right" to sin.
God gave us this freedom when God gave us free-will (Not saying that homosexuality is a sin).
If anyone has the "freedom" to sin there would be no need for the death of the Messiah on the cross to mitigate our sins.

And yes - homosexuality is sinful.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No one has the "right" to sin.
There is no right or wrong sinning, since it is a state of being we are born into. There is knowledgeable and uninformed sinning as those who don't know they are sinners and what the idea of sinning is.

If anyone has the "freedom" to sin there would be no need for the death of the Messiah on the cross to mitigate our sins.
I beg to differ with you on this. There is, was and always will be a reason for Christ dying on the Cross and that has everything to do with choice. He had a choice and so do we. It's the same thing as adverting a precious item in a store for free. Those passing before the store can evaluate how precious that item is and choose wither to go in and accept that item. In the spiritual realm that Item is Christ and what made him precious is that he came down here and gave his life for us.

And yes - homosexuality is sinful.
Active homosexuality is a sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
- Sorry, but that was the most confusing post I've ever read. I'm wondering id English is a second language to him.
Hey, many of us with English as a second language or not as confusing as that!

Upvote 0