Indianapolis
✟6,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My mom passed some years ago from cancer. I am 99.9% certain her death was assisted and I am okay with that that because I know how much pain she was in. Some Christian doctors thought she suck it up and continue suffering. There is something called terminal which means your gonna die.

In a case in Ireland a woman was miscarrying...that means the baby is gonna die there is no if's ands or butts about it. They chose to wait for the heart to stop beating before removing the fetus. She got an infection and died. She died because the religious beliefs of the hospital were more important than the well being of there patient.

A Christian cop did not want to provide security for gay people. Gay people are dammed to hellfire.

If your a doctor, EMS, firefighter, cop, military....your job is to serve the population despite your religious beliefs. If you can not separate your religious beliefs from doing your job you need to find a new profession.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My mom passed some years ago from cancer. I am 99.9% certain her death was assisted and I am okay with that that because I know how much pain she was in. Some Christian doctors thought she suck it up and continue suffering. There is something called terminal which means your gonna die.

In a case in Ireland a woman was miscarrying...that means the baby is gonna die there is no if's ands or butts about it. They chose to wait for the heart to stop beating before removing the fetus. She got an infection and died. She died because the religious beliefs of the hospital were more important than the well being of there patient.

A Christian cop did not want to provide security for gay people. Gay people are dammed to hellfire.

If your a doctor, EMS, firefighter, cop, military....your job is to serve the population despite your religious beliefs. If you can not separate your religious beliefs from doing your job you need to find a new profession.

I'm reminded of something I once learned about Judaism. In Judaism to save a human life is a priority over any* other commandment. This is itself demonstrated in the Bible, for example Rahab lied to protect Caleb and Joshua's lives.

*There are a handful of exceptions. Specifically, idolatry is never permitted.

Jesus Himself demonstrates this principle, I believe, when He healed on the Sabbath.

When we use "morality" to avoid doing what is right, we are doing the very things which Jesus condemned the hypocrites of doing. When Jesus talked about there being those who, at the Judgment, will say "Lord, Lord" who will be turned away ("Away from Me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you") this is rather precisely what He's talking about: Claiming our own moral goodness at the expense of doing what is right.

Religion that cares more about the outside of the cup than the inside is dead, it's a white-washed sepulcher--all shiny on the outside but filled with dusty withered bones.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

I agree 100%. If you cannot give everybody the same level of service then you are in the wrong profession.

Upvote 0