Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As far as there not being anything in the Bible about it, somthings are just common sence. God doesn't condone it don't do it.
Well easier said than done. If you only had attraction to the same sex, you would be searching for answers, too. I already found mine.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is false. Heteros (heterosexual) derives from the Greek word, even in the Bible. Oddly enough, it is used to mention "strange flesh" w/Sodom and Gomorrah and in Jude. That word means "another flesh", and I believe it was talking about the raping of the Angelic beings coming to earth.

:scratch: That has nothing to do with what I was trying to say. I guess we're really misunderstanding each other.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:scratch: That has nothing to do with what I was trying to say. I guess we're really misunderstanding each other.
A heterosexual lifestyle is implied in the Scriptures...but a homosexual lifestyle is not mentioned. Nothing of gay romantic feelings, gay orientation, gay monogamous relationships, gay marriage...they weren't part of the culture. Everything is taken into historical context, gay monogamous relationships weren't even recognized till the 19th Century.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A heterosexual lifestyle is implied in the Scriptures...but a homosexual lifestyle is not mentioned. Nothing of gay romantic feelings, gay orientation, gay monogamous relationships, gay marriage...they weren't part of the culture. Everything is taken into historical context, gay monogamous relationships weren't even recognized till the 19th Century.
Why was that if it's a normal and natural thing? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Uh, yeah. That's what I said. Which is why there wouldn't have been a specific word for gay orientation in Koine Greek.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will gather my sources, but even the anti-gay arguments agreed on that point. The only thing they can see as sinful, or regard that way is the "act". You guys separate the act from the orientation, because that is the only credible thing you can do w/what the Bible says.
Works the same way as any other sexual infidelity. There's no differentiation in my mind there, but if orientation does exist and is inborn, that doesn't make much of a difference to how I see the Bible talking about the topic.

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
?????

It didn't start by homosexuals, so what are you saying?
That fornicarion between any people is sin, and unfortunately some receive different results from it, but in the end if they had not sinned in the first place things would have been fine

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, because he argues ALL homosexual activity is fornication, even though back in Biblical times fornication was only prostitution, incest and adultery. My debates with him are as circular as they get, even with proof from credible material on religioustolerance.org
pointing me to an apostate website is not really a reply

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People with logically unsuportable dogmas HATE it when you go and put facts in the way of their comforting self-justifying myths
their was no fact in that reply

Logic fails ultimately, When the God of the universe is capable of quite literally anything, particularly things that flush logic down the toilet

and I made no justification for myself

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
DON'T USE CAPS LOCK IT'S LIKE YOU ARE YELLING.

Even the Bible says in Galatians to "gently rebuke", but there is nothing for me to be rebuked from...there is NOTHING wrong w/being gay or bisexual. NOTHING!

Find a loving, same-sex, monogamous relationship condemned in Scriptures and get back to me. :thumbsup:

you are basicaly saying that you would destroy marrage something God himself Created

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will gather my sources, but even the anti-gay arguments agreed on that point. The only thing they can see as sinful, or regard that way is the "act". You guys separate the act from the orientation, because that is the only credible thing you can do w/what the Bible says.

Just because someone desires to sin and does not doesnt really make their desire a good thing.

I have desired to kill a man before, I did not do it , that does not make it an orientation, it make it a desire

I had a desire to fornicate, and I did it back before I was saved are you now going to tell me it was not a sin?

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well easier said than done. If you only had attraction to the same sex, you would be searching for answers, too. I already found mine.
the sad thing is you have found you answer in a place that is not from God

Just men, who seek to justify the sinful nature of mankind by abolishing the word of God

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You yourself asid that they were in existence then.
The Recognition is in a sin abundant modern world thats only goal is to fufill the wanton desires of the flesh.
Do you identify youself with the flesh or the spirit?
There are modern justifications for the desire to do violence
Road rage is not mentione in the scripture, is it not a sin because the scriptures do not speak of it?

Reactions: Macrina
Upvote 0

Confess

Doing great with kids 8!
Jan 23, 2007
Wisconsin
✟17,633.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I'm denying is that Paul's word carries the weight of scripture.

The only "scripture" that condemns homosexuality is Leviticus, and, as we have been over and over, since most Christians feel perfectly justifiec discarding the bits of Leviticus that don't suit them, I don't see why homosexuals should be held to a higher standard
If Paul holds no weight then you are saying that Jesus was wrong. Jesus appointed Paul saying that Paul was his "chosen vessel" to proclaim the truth.

Jesus also said, "If you love me, you will love my word."

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
you are basicaly saying that you would destroy marrage something God himself Created
That doesn't destroy it, it just sidelines it w/new possibilities.

So you really believe God would condone slavery but not this in a loving relationship?

Cherry picking...

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
the sad thing is you have found you answer in a place that is not from God

Just men, who seek to justify the sinful nature of mankind by abolishing the word of God
that is false. I am happy where I'm at in my life, and I have made peace w/God. Your Conservative doctrine is sick at best...I believe God made me the way I am w/this.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just because someone desires to sin and does not doesnt really make their desire a good thing.

I have desired to kill a man before, I did not do it , that does not make it an orientation, it make it a desire

I had a desire to fornicate, and I did it back before I was saved are you now going to tell me it was not a sin?
Killing is in the 10 commandments, nice try though.
This is LOVING another human being...bad comparison, I wish to do no harm or evil to another, just the opposite.
God doesn't make up arbitrary sins, He gave the purity code to the Israelites for a reason, but we don't follow it.
I TOLD YOU...the best of Scholars admit it's a purity code violation...if it was a moral violation, it should've been set in stone then.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.