United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
article said:
What Newsom is really calling for here is background checks for all private firearm transfers. Anytime anyone transfers gun ownership, from father to son, for example, or from neighbor to neighbor, Newsom wants the federal government to know about it.

Some states have tried this, and compliance is nonexistent. It is estimated that only 3.5% of private transfers in Oregon, for example, complied with that state’s universal background check law. The only way to achieve anything approaching effective compliance would be for the federal government to create a national gun registry and force all owners to register their firearms with the feds.

Which would, of course, result in a massive refusal to cooperate with the law. All they'd accomplish is to make instant felons out of millions of gun owners.

article said:
That is the Democrats' real goal with a universal background check system: a new government database that knows who owns every gun in the country and where they live.

"If I have 10 guns and the government wants me to register them, how many of my guns will remain unregistered? That's right: 10. :) Plus the other 15 they don't know about."

article said:
If Newsom wants to do something about gun violence, he should attack the George Soros district attorneys in his state and across the country who refuse to prosecute minorities charged with gun possession crimes.

Whoo, be careful, there---we all know all judges are totally impartial and that no preference is given to minority criminals. ;)