"Gathering Storm" Ad in Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigBadWlf

The original mother and father even of an adopted child are still their family. They are often referred to as the "biological" parents. I am well aware of the benefits of adoption.

Gay marriage activists are not arguing for adoption reform. They are not arguing for family law reform. They are demanding a right to take a position within family legal considerations that they simply cannot fulfill.
Actually they are.
http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/national/2008/10/31/emerging-gay-adoption-fight-shares-battle-lines-of-same-sex-marriage-debate.html

http://www.proudparenting.com/node/1169

Apparently those fighting for discrimination put their right to hate a minority group ahead of the rights of children to have a loving family
It's the same point I have made over and over here for months now. No one else can present a cogent argument as to what the purpose of marriage is if not to deal with the very obvious and unique situation that occurs when men and women get together to physically form an actual family -- the foundational organizational unit for all of society and all of humanity.

Been presented more times than anyone can count. You just ignore those posts

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

*BUMP*

BigBadWlf said:
There is no similarity whatsoever between infertility and homosexuality.
Couple A cannot conceive a child due to biological reasons
Couple B cannot conceive a child due to biological reasons

So which couple is same gendered and which couple is infertile and heterosexual?

well?

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Bump

Also, people here have often times posted reems of information on how damaging gay marriage is to marriage, and how the breakdown in marriage in turn hurts kids, and none of the gay marriage activists really engage those issues.

Also, people here have often times posted reems of information on how damaging gay marriage is to marriage, and how the breakdown in marriage in turn hurts kids, and none of the gay marriage activists really engage those issues.
No one had done anything of the sort, since no such information exists. Same-sex marriage: How do children fare?

You claim this is a civil rights issue because it is a freedom issue, but by that logic no laws could ever be passed.
Nonsense. No one is suggesting that its wrong to pass laws regulating people's behaviour when their behaviour has the potential to harm others. Rape, speeding, murder, assault, theft... no one is trying to excuse these under the aegis of "civil rights", because such acts are clearly detrimental to others. However, there is no information to suggest that homosexual marriage harms anyone else, so it remains purely a civil rights issue. You want to stop people from doing something which doesn't effect anyone else, that about civil rights. And I'd be just as bent out of shape if someone was trying to deny people the right to do any other activity that they mutually agreed to that didn't harm anyone else. Even things I don't personally agree with, like, say, smoking and inter racial marriage.

Oh, and heres a link showing that while homosexual relationships don't harm other prople, other people's persecution and denial of civil rights to homosexuals is certainly harmful to the homosexuals Experiences of Harassment, Discrimination, and Physical Violence Among Young Gay and Bisexual Men you know, since you like links so much.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nice one sentence retorts without any backing, even in the sense of explaining why you believe these things. I can't even imagine where you get these ideas from.
You asked me a series of very simple questions. I answered them. If you have questions about how I arrived at those answers, feel free to ask. If you think those answers are wrong, point them out and tell me why you think so.

I'll give you a freebie: I think marriage is nothing more than a contract. The only reason I got married was in case one of us died, the other would not have to deal with as much legal garbage. End of story. So, from that perspective, to deny any consenting adult the ability to sign that contract because of their gender is discrimination.

This sort of terse verbal repartee is not convincing to me. Sorry.
Debate 101. I don't really care if I convince you, although admittedly, it would be a nice bonus. I care about the people that are still on the fence that come in a read this thread. I care about them seeing how untenable your position is and how you have to turn logic on its ear to justify legalizing your personal dislike for homosexuals. I care about the one or two people that go away from this thread feeling a bit nauseous from the realization that they have held the same despicable views as you have promoted and seen how wrong they are. You, sir, are my unwitting Sancho Panza, and I love you for it. In a completely homosexual manner.:kiss:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟85,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
people's behaviour when their behaviour has the potential to harm others.

Who says it does not hurt others? The presence of overt homosexual orientation makes many people feel uncomfortable. It causes tension when parents and young children are exposed and the children become perplexed (without the children even having to be taught sexual mores. They intuitively know something is very wrong).

2 Peter 2:7-8
"and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by
the sensual conduct of unprincipled men(for by
what he saw and heard that righteous man,
while living among them, felt his righteous
soul tormented
day after day by their
lawless deeds)."

What is not be seen by those who see no wrong in what they do, is that it torments the souls of many others. It does hurt others. It can be very depressing to be around.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Who says it does not hurt others? The presence of overt homosexual orientation makes many people feel uncomfortable. It causes tension when parents and young children are exposed and the children become perplexed (without the children even having to be taught sexual mores. They intuitively know something is very wrong).

2 Peter 2:7-8
"and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by
the sensual conduct of unprincipled men(for by
what he saw and heard that righteous man,
while living among them, felt his righteous
soul tormented day after day by their
lawless deeds)."

What is not be seen by those who see no wrong in what they do, is that it torments the souls of many others. It does hurt others. It can be very depressing to be around.​

This is like saying black people are bad because they make racists feel uncomfortable. Its EXACTLY the same logic.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟85,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is like saying black people are bad because they make racists feel uncomfortable. Its EXACTLY the same logic.

Apples and oranges.

Many racists feel tormented around homosexuals of their same race.

Many blacks feel tormented around black homosexuals.

Many Chinese feel tormented around Chinese homosexuals.

And, the list goes on.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Apples and oranges.

And, the list goes on..

So, what you're saying is that those who make you feel uncomfortable need to change who they are in order to make you feel comfortable?

<staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why does a homosexual produce sperm if God did not design him to be heterosexual?

I guess you must feel as though you just invented the wheel. Not so. Ask the same question of a heterosexual who has recreational sex on a regular basis.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Apples and oranges.

And, the list goes on.

So? You can be racist and a homophobe at the same time, that's utterly irrelevent. If you are intolerant of someone, you can't blame THEM for your feeling uncomfortable, its your problem, not theirs.

For example, I'm intolerant of certain races. I have neighbours, in fact, who belong to a racial group I am prejudiced against. They make me feel uncomfortable when I see them in their yard. Now, whos problem is that? There's or mine?

So lets switch the scenario to make it homosexuals...

You are intolerant of homosexuals, imagine you have neighbours, in fact, who are homosexuals. They make you feel uncomfortable when you see them in their yard. Now, who's problem is that? Theirs or yours?

If your answer is different in one scenario to the other, please explain why, and how its not an example of special pleading?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟934,095.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Why does a homosexual produce sperm if God did not design him to be heterosexual?
Well, I'm an atheist... but I guess for the same reason a woman born with a distorted uterus still ovulated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.