• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Game Changing Diabetes Treatment - you may not know about.

toocoolblue

Jan 24, 2022
Fresno
✟1,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I haven't been diabetic for long, but I watched my mother struggle with Type 2 diabetes for 10+ years. She was failing in every way.

Then I was given an experimental drug that turned me into a Type 1 almost instantly. One day normal..next day whamo..in the hospital, almost dead.

When I got out, I had to see an endocrinologist who gave me a GCM monitor for free. There are two popular brands. Freestyle Libre and Dexcom.

I couldn't believe they have invented such a thing! You now have a PAIN FREE way to check your blood sugar 100 times a day if you want. I can only wonder why the doctors didn't tell my mother about this.

Using the Freestyle Libre2, my A1C is 5.5. That's not even considered 'pre-diabetic', 5.5 is what a normal person would score.

These Glucose monitors allow you to take control of the disease. You know what to eat and when to take insulin. You aren't guessing like my mother did for 10 years. They even wake you up if you're going too low or too high.

After I taught my mother how to use one of these, she went from using more insulin than I was, to needing none at all. She can now control her Type 2 diabetes with diet alone.

Sure it takes a little bit of work, but what's that compared to the long term consequences of diabetes?

If you have diabetes, please try one of these. If you know somebody that's old and has diabetes, please tell them about this. This isn't technology to be afraid off. It's quickly mastered and completely changes the course of this disease.

Last edited:

imMD

Jun 18, 2019
California
✟17,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have diabetes, please try one of these. If you know somebody that's old and has diabetes, please tell them about this. This isn't technology to be afraid off. It's quickly mastered and completely changes the course of this disease.
Are you still getting good results?

Much love!
Mark

Upvote 0