Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
As much as I'd like to say it was some young Tea Partier, I don't want to jump to conclusions yet. For all we know, it was a random shooting.

Hoping that it is some right-wing nutjob isn't exactly a good thing you know. You should hope it was random. I really feel it was a random shooting though, or at worst, a targeted shooting by some anarchist who just is emo of gov't in general.

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Randomly shot Giffords and her staff.

If I were some violent right-wing nutjob wanting to go after a Democrat, I would only have fired one bullet and ran. I wouldn't go Rambo, and I sure wouldn't leave myself there to get arrested so quickly.

It could very well be random.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Gabrielle Giffords

Rep_Giffords

Rep_Giffords My 1st Congress on Your Corner starts now. Please stop by to let me know what is on your mind or tweet me later. 2 hours ago · reply

This is very sad news. She was bringing herself to the people and this tragic event is not good for anything.

Upvote 0

Crusader05

Veteran
Jan 23, 2005
Omaha, NE
✟22,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I live in Tucson and frequent the area where the shooting took place. We are all in shock right now, this is a real tradgedy and a crime against democracy itself.

This area where the shooting occured is one of the safest parts of town, not the kind of place where random violence takes place.

Upvote 0
T

TK of HoC

This is a targeted attack not a random shooting. This is an assassination attempt. Don't doubt that. This was a scheduled event where the congresswoman was meeting constituents in a grocery store, so people knew she was going to be there.

Things are getting so damned scary in this country now.

Giffords is one of 20 congresspeople that Sarah Palin put on a hit list for voting for the health care bill, source:

I hope she's ok. :(

So far the nut cases have blamed Glenn Beck, Fox News, and now Sarah Palin. Lovely.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, we can see where this is going already. The woman met a tragic death for motives as yet unknown, but already it is Sarah Palin's fault. Then it will be extrapolated to the religious right, and then probably Rush Limbaugh.

"Tragic Death"? You're talking about this as if it were an accident.

This was a murder. Now let's take a look at who had motive...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Can someone please give me more info when it's available? Thanks.
To be honest, Twitter is the best source of info at the moment because of the rapid moving nature of the story.

Google

Some of the information is contradictory. NPR and several others are reporting that she is dead, but one or two are saying that a local hospital has her in surgery right now. The whole thing is very unclear.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
To be honest, Twitter is the best source of info at the moment because of the rapid moving nature of the story.

Google

Some of the information is contradictory. NPR and several others are reporting that she is dead, but one or two are saying that a local hospital has her in surgery right now. The whole thing is very unclear.

Thanks man.

Yeah, I said I felt the shooting was random. But I am kind of more HOPING it is random...

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A House Democrat who narrowly won re-election in November has introduced a bill to cut the pay of Congress by 5%.

On the same day the House passed a measure cutting congressional office budgets by 5%, Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords filed a bill seeking to cut members' pay by the same percentage. That would amount to $8,700 for rank-and-file lawmakers. Top leaders in both parties make more, with House Speaker John Boehner earning $223,500 a year.

On Thursday, the House easily passed a 5% cut to congressional, leadership and committee budgets by a vote of 410-13. The "no" votes all came from Democrats.

House Democrat wants to cut Congress pay | Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, Representing the 8th District of Arizona

Using the fools brilliant logic expressed here already, perhaps we should investigate the 13 Democrats. Or maybe because she had spoke out about recently on being excited there was new leadership in the House, or maybe because she had recently spoke in support of SB 1070 and expressed concerns over the Federal government not doing the job of protecting the borders and remarked about the tragic death of the border patrol agent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
A House Democrat who narrowly won re-election in November has introduced a bill to cut the pay of Congress by 5%.

On the same day the House passed a measure cutting congressional office budgets by 5%, Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords filed a bill seeking to cut members' pay by the same percentage. That would amount to $8,700 for rank-and-file lawmakers. Top leaders in both parties make more, with House Speaker John Boehner earning $223,500 a year.

On Thursday, the House easily passed a 5% cut to congressional, leadership and committee budgets by a vote of 410-13. The "no" votes all came from Democrats.

House Democrat wants to cut Congress pay | Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, Representing the 8th District of Arizona

Using the fools brilliant logic expressed here already, perhaps we should investigate the 13 Democrats. Or maybe because she had spoke out about recently on being excited there was new leadership in the House, or maybe because she had recently spoke in support of SB 1070 and expressed concerns over the Federal government not doing the job of protecting the borders and remarked about the tragic death of the border patrol agent.

Investigate them on the shooting? What? They were shot here! Politics is now off limits when their lives are on the line!

Upvote 0