G PG PG-13 R whaich do you perfer

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wroth

Superman
Feb 3, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
✟16,584.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Greens
sweetlambofgod said:
depends if its rated R for violence or sexual conduct or what. In Canada we dont ahve R we have 18A!

Not entirely true. http://www.media-awareness.ca/engli...lm_classification/alb_film_classification.cfm

If you look around on there, you'll see that (at least) Alberta, BC and Ontario all have R in addition to 18A. Difference (from what I understand it to be) is that 18A, NO minor is allowed in. In R, a minor can get in if accompanied by an adult.

So I'm left asking how some people on this forum have even seen Sin City... 13 year old posting I recall...

I prefer R movies for action/storyline-driven movies. PG/14A (whatever) for comedies generally.

Upvote 0

419gam

Veteran
Mar 26, 2005
California
✟1,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I prefer R movies for the most part because they are more expressive of the director's true vision. While there are lots of good pg-13 movies lots of pg-13 films were orginally "R", but then were re-editied to recieve a pg-13 rating in order to reach a wider audience and earn more money. I would rather see the film as the director intended, not the way the studio thought it could make the most money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.