the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m writing a story about anthropomorphic animals in a world similar to earth. This story is just for my friends and family and any Christian furry who would be interested in reading it. I don’t plan on publishing it, but I still would like to be accurate with the details. My story takes place at the end of times, and I’m wondering how to deal with Jesus coming back. My characters are anthro animals, so it would look weird if Jesus wasn’t. However, I’ve seen pictures of furry Jesus and they look ridiculous. It doesn’t seem right to portray Jesus as an anthro animal. What is your opinion on furry Jesus?
I know this is an unusual question that might get a lot of hate, I’m just curious of what to do. Please give honest answers. I just don’t want to write anything that portrays Jesus in a way He shouldn’t be portrayed as.

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't think of a reverent way to portray furry Jesus.
I can’t either, it seems wrong, but my characters are anthro animals. I don’t think I can write about a furry Jesus - but would it be strange if Jesus was in human form or if he was an animal similar to Aslan? Or should I avoid it entirely- have my characters no where near the final battle?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can’t either, it seems wrong, but my characters are anthro animals. I don’t think I can write about a furry Jesus - but would it be strange if Jesus was in human form or if he was an animal similar to Aslan? Or should I avoid it entirely- have my characters no where near the final battle?
Aslan isn't what I would consider a furry. He's a lion that talks rather than an anthropomorphic lion, or a person in a lion suit.

I would say, if you don't have peace about it, try another angle. Not to say that having peace about it is an automatic rubber stamp from God, but if you don't have peace about this, you're risking being on the wrong side of Romans 14:23.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aslan isn't what I would consider a furry. He's a lion that talks rather than an anthropomorphic lion, or a person in a lion suit.

I would say, if you don't have peace about it, try another angle. Not to say that having peace about it is an automatic rubber stamp from God, but if you don't have peace about this, you're risking being on the wrong side of Romans 14:23.
You are completely right. Thank you for your advice and for not saying anything hateful- I know furry Jesus is a topic that can lead to angry or hateful responses

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Sorry I hadn’t seen this when I posted a second ago. What’s the difference between a lion that talks and an anthropomorphic lion?

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I hadn’t seen this when I posted a second ago. What’s the difference between a lion that talks and an anthropomorphic lion?
The difference is that an anthropomorphic lion would look more human - stand on two legs, maybe wear clothes - and usually be more cartoony and silly. Aslan the talking lion in Narnia was like a regular lion except for his intelligence and ability to talk

• Agree
Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Compare Aslan from The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe movie to (as much as I loathe to admit it) Disney's animated Robin Hood. The latter would be furry, the former would not. In this context, having fur isn't what makes a character "furry".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know... maybe a lamb that morphs into a lion.
I understand your misgivings about portraying our Lord and savior in an animal frame.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The difference is that an anthropomorphic lion would look more human - stand on two legs, maybe wear clothes - and usually be more cartoony and silly. Aslan the talking lion in Narnia was like a regular lion except for his intelligence and ability to talk
But I’d say both are anthropomorphic but in different ways. Talking and acting like a human is anthropomorphic even if the appearance is still the same as an animal.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’m writing a story about anthropomorphic animals in a world similar to earth. This story is just for my friends and family and any Christian furry who would be interested in reading it. I don’t plan on publishing it, but I still would like to be accurate with the details. My story takes place at the end of times, and I’m wondering how to deal with Jesus coming back. My characters are anthro animals, so it would look weird if Jesus wasn’t. However, I’ve seen pictures of furry Jesus and they look ridiculous. It doesn’t seem right to portray Jesus as an anthro animal. What is your opinion on furry Jesus?
I know this is an unusual question that might get a lot of hate, I’m just curious of what to do. Please give honest answers. I just don’t want to write anything that portrays Jesus in a way He shouldn’t be portrayed as.

What does God the Father look like in your story example?

Upvote 0

CuriousPagan

Dec 4, 2020
Wilmington
✟22,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Engaged
As a lion. It's Biblical and lions are cool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I been thinking. A Lion would be great like Aslan

iu

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, but portraying Jesus as a furry is frankly offensive and should not be done.
That may be true, but keeping Rothlisburger for another year is truly offensive.^_^ But we have no replacement!
Back to the discussion....

• Haha
Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Well, we know our Lord became incarnate as a human, and scripture describes the Incarnation in a manner that strongly suggests He posesses two natures, and only two natures, human and divine, in one hypostasis (the hypostatic union in turn facilitates the Christological principle of Communicatio Idiomatum, which lets us attribute to one nature things ordinarily associated with the other, so we can say that the Virgin Mary gave birth to God the Son, that Jesus Christ participated in the creation of the universe (John 1:1-3), and also sent us the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete, which caused Him to be conceived, and so on.

But I and many others believe Jesus Christ our Lord, God and Savior, being infinitely loving and in an eternal union of perfect love, both for God His Father, who begat Him before all worlds, and for God the Holy Spirit, who proceeds eternally from the Father and is a distinct Person, loves all of creation infinitely, and that anything conscious will be restored. Among Eastern Orthodox monks, there is a strong belief that all cats go to Heaven, and Orthodox monasteries have lots of cats. Mount Athos, the autonomous peninsula of 23 monasteries and countless smaller sketes and hermitages in Greece, has an enormous population of cats; I think they might number as many as 100,000.

Cats are also the only animals permitted in Orthodox churches, except in emergencies like a severe blizzard where farm animals critical to the community could die if not kept there. That second clause of the ancient canon has been rendered largely obsolete, because modern farms tend to be far enough from churches so there is always something available. But cats are still allowed, and many parishes have a cat, in order to ensure there are no mice or rats who could try to get at the Antidoron (blessed bread, separate from the communion) and any accidentally spilled crumbs of the Eucharist a priest did not notice after one liturgy (perhaps an older priest at night, with vision problems), and another priest or deacon might notice it later. Orthodox priests view it as intolerable negligence on their part if through improper precautions they allow for a rat or mouse or other vermin to consume any part of the Eucharist, or other blessed food, hence cats are of obvious utility.

Upvote 0