Funny thing happened to me at church

Flavius

FoundWanting
Apr 10, 2004
EastOfEden,Near Houston
✟530.00
Faith
Messianic
I quit going to church years ago but one of the last times I went,I took my mom to a church I had been to once.
In those days I went to church everyday,I just went to any church open all over Houston.
So me and mom are there at this church and after singing a hymn me and mom started clapping our hands and praising the lord and the preacher started waving his hands at us rebuking us for clapping our hands.He said that clapping is for man's worship and we weren't allowed to do it in his church.He said that was in the Old Testament and we are in the New Testament,then he preached the entire sermon against me in particular cause he had been told that I go to church everyday and went to conventions,using me for an example of running everywhere looking for G-d.

I think most people would have been mad but me and mom laghed about it the whole way home.It was so intreiging that we stayed for the whole service.

A few months later I was asking a preacher some questions and a woman over heard me talking and asked the preacher if he wanted her to go and get a few guys to hold me down while they prayed for me.The questions related to Holidays.

The very last time I went to church it was in East Texas on a wed night and because I was a visiter some people asked me to their house after church for coffee.I went and started talking about the bible hoping to get a bible study started every week and they stopped me right away and told me they weren't allowed to discuss religion without their pastor.

:o

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Flavius:

Bless you child of G-d!

I wish I was closer to take you into our little church.
The chapel seats 12 on a good day and we always have at least 6 tambourines and an
electric guitar to play!

Stand and dance for JOY
Praise the name of the L-rd with everything you got!
Dwell in his house! Often!

I wonder if this "pastor" thinks it's ok to cheer at a baseball or football game?

And I give you my personal permission to discuss the Bible with anyone anyplace anytime. Actually you don't need my permission!

I don't know if I should be angry or laugh at this mess.

Pastor George :wave:

Hold you down to pray for you indeed
Would some one please show me in the Bible where it says to NOT observe the holidays and festivals?

Upvote 0