Funny Responses to Use With Telemarketers

$Miss_Independant$

Aug 21, 2004
USA
✟265.00
Faith
Christian
LOL!!!! I've got one!!! When you realize it's telemarketers say, "Hey, remember the wierdness that happened last week?" and then they're all like, "What??" and then you say, "You know, the one where everyone turned into a cat." and they say, "I'm sorry sir/madam, I have no idea what you're talking about." and you say, "Meow." and then they say, "EXCUSE ME??" and you say, "Sorry, I still haven't quite recovered yet." and by this time they should be confused and say, "Yeah, but your not a cat anymore." and then you say, "I'm not a cat anymore." and then they say, "Right." and then you hiss and they say, "No, your not a cat anymore!" and you say, "No I'm not." and they ask, "Is your father home?" and then you sigh and say, "Father!" and then you hear a *Click* and it's over.

Upvote 0

happypeppie

Jalapeno
May 11, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Visit site
✟8,117.00
Faith
Christian
Today a telemarketer phoned. Well, not a telemarketer but a representative of Shaw Cable. Anyway, she asked to speak to my dad and I asked her, "Are you going to try and sell us something?" No. But she wanted us to "sample" some things so that we can decide if we like them. I told her no. She then asked if we had internet access and I said yes. With Telus. And it's dial-up. She asked "are you enjoying that?" "Yes" i said. I wish my response would have been. "Yes, immensly!". After I told her that I was enjoying it she was almost at the point where she didn't know what to say. So she just sort of ended the phone call. To be honest I wish I had faster internet but it was great for the phone call!

Upvote 0

JudyGarland

There is no place like home . . .
Jan 19, 2006
Hollywood
✟772.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those are funny! Yeah, I have immensely less patience with the telemarketers if they disrupt my dinner, than if they call during the day when I'm not eating. The majority of calls do come at dinner time, and I wonder if putting a telephone in the middle of the dinner table would help. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Alessandro said:
Tell them it is dinner time, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Eat your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.

:D

Enjoy

Feel free to add more

If you can burp real loud that might help too.

Upvote 0

Ric

1 John 5:13
Feb 6, 2002
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟9,815.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Alessandro said:
If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.

If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems. My head huts, my car wont go without me pushing it, my dog just ate my food....."

If they say they're John Bob from ABCXYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located, how long it has been in business, how many people work there, how they got into this line of work if they are married, how many kids they have, etc. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Someone and I'm with ABCXYZ Company. "
You: Wait for a second and with a strange voice ask, "Are you single?"

Cry out in surprise, and repeat their name "Is that you? Oh my God! how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give them a few brief moments of terror as he/she tries to figure out where he/she could know you from.

Say "No" over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.

If someone calls trying to get you to sign up for the Friends and Family Plan, reply, in as a creepy/dumb a voice as you can, "I don't have any friends, would you be my friend?"

Tell the Telemarketer that you work for the same company, and they can't sell to employees.

Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream, "Oh my God!" and then hang up.

Tell the Telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back. When the Telemarketer explains that telemarketers cannot give out their home numbers say, "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The Telemarketer will agree and you say, "Me either!" Hang up.

Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.

Pick up the phone one you realize its a Telemarketer tell them "you do know that you have reached the FBI?"

Tell them it is dinner time, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Eat your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.

Ask them to fax the information to you, and make up a number.

Tell the Telemarketer, "Okay, I'll listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I'm with the government's new telemarketing fighting agency"

Insist that the caller is really your buddy Bob, playing a joke. "Come on, Bob, cut it out! Seriously, Bob, how's your mom?"

Pretend that you cant speak any english.

Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up. ....louder. . . louder . . .

Tell them to talk very slowly, because you want to write every word down.

:D

Enjoy

Feel free to add more
http://www.donotcall.gov

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
some of these really were tooo funny.

i just confront them with, "how'd you get my number, it's a private unlisted line?! ... "remove me from your list!!!"...

i've got two calls a year for the last three years.

(this year none so far)

i feel sorry for anyone who's got a marketing job.

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Alessandro said:
Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream, "Oh my God!" and then hang up.
I keep laughing at this but I don't know why! :laugh:

I had telemarketers from MCI calling everyday at 9 am! A few days they called 5 times a day!!!!!!! I finally told them that we don't care if you have better prices, we're not going to change our phone company!

I'm a bit of a chicken on the phone. I don't think I have the heart to do any of those things...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freedom4all

Aug 17, 2004
Minneapolis, Minnesota
✟15,970.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My son and I have become quite wise to the telemarketers that call at the same time every day. My son especially has fun with them. His favorite is to speak in a made-up language. It sounds really weird. They get annoyed with him, and hang up pretty quickly.

This one company tried to sell me chimney cleaning service, and after I agreed to it, I said that there might be a problem since I don't have a fireplace. You'd think they would ask that first. Duh.

When 5:45 rolls around, I answer the phone in a really screwed up sounding voice, and act like I don't know what they are saying. They just never give up.

Upvote 0