Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it is time for churches who teach that same-sex marriage is sinful, to give up their tax-exempt status and keep their meeting place completely private. This way the Government cannot act on discrimination charges from those outside the church who wish to use their building to get married in and use that Pastor to perform the ceremony.

Would not this solve the 'discrimination' problem?

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is time for churches who teach that same-sex marriage is sinful, to give up their tax-exempt status and keep their meeting place completely private. This way the Government cannot act on discrimination charges from those outside the church who wish to use their building to get married in and use that Pastor to perform the ceremony.

Well that's fine if you want to be a poor steward with what the Lord has given your Church. The more responsible attitude would be to wait and when they actually make it a requirement for nonprofit status of a religious organization then give it up.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi cuddles,

I fail to see the correlation. I'm not sure there is some law that says that because some organization is not a 501c3 organization that they are then free from such charges. Those of the world who are pushing the agenda of the world will always be against the children of God. It's just a given. It's a truth of the Scriptures. Trust me, those pushing the world agenda into the fellowship of the believers have been at that since long before men even knew there would one day be 501c3 organizations.

And keeping the meeting place completely private sounds like we are harking back to the days that Paul was persecuting the church. So you think the answer is for the 'church' to go underground. I imagine that may soon happen as I understand the coming persecution of the saints. It's good to see that you are advancing those prophecies.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

This is obviously going to be one of the next demands of the gay lobby, even while it's being denied. While legislation to make gay marriage the law of the land is being considered, the assurance is made that no one will FORCE the churches to go against their own beliefs because that would violate the Constitution, etc.

BUT once that hurdle is overcome, it is certain that they'll say that the churches can exist but not espouse their faith or get any government benefits--since they are engaged in "hate" and "bigotry" for not violating their own religious beliefs. The churches that toe the government line will, naturally, continue to receive government tax exemptions just as in countries which have state religions.

Upvote 0

Parson Rayphe

Parson Rayphe
Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Cuddles,

I agree except that a "church doesn't need to be a 501 c 3 to have a tax exempt status anyway. Here is an article to copy and paste in a new window that talks about that: parsonrayphe.com/blog-articles/american-heritage-christian/free-church/

Otherwise.. If I understand you correctly, I agree completely. Very few "churches" that meet in large buildings really function as "the church" anyway. Biblically speaking it seems that it was never supposed to be that way anyway

Large commercial buildings seem to be a carryover from the Catholic Inquisition.:)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Of course not. Having that victory in the bank without needing to work to get it, the adversaries of such churches will just turn to the next logical step in the process of destroying them.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
God's people always have and always will have adversaries. There is no way to stop that. But this approach mitigates the impact..
Not really. The fight will just move to the next complaint used to get rid of non-compliant churches. The enemies of traditionalism always act like "just this and everything will be OK. No one could ask for more" but then move on to the next demand.

Upvote 0

Parson Rayphe

Parson Rayphe
Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with this "The fight will just move to the next complaint used to get rid of non-compliant churches. The enemies of traditionalism always act like "just this and everything will be OK. No one could ask for more" but then move on to the next demand."

But what is your support for this statement "Not really"

Note that I ddin't say all the problems would cease: I just said that it is the best way to mitigate them.

Meeting in homes is the Biblical pattern as well as the way history records Christianity has grown all over the world under persecution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree with this "The fight will just move to the next complaint used to get rid of non-compliant churches. The enemies of traditionalism always act like "just this and everything will be OK. No one could ask for more" but then move on to the next demand."

But what is your support for this statement "Not really"

Note that I didn't say all the problems would cease: I just said that it is the best way to mitigate them.

If it doesn't mitigate them, which you seem to agree will be the case....

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am using the term mitigate to mean "soften the results of" rather than to mean to "eliminate the results of"...

Perhaps that is where the confusion lies?:)

Are you confused? I know what "mitigate" means and I've said that getting rid of one problem will only cause another equally difficult one to take its place. That's not a softening of anything.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I don't know any churches that teach same-sex marriage is sinful, at least not in a sermon. The topic seems to have gone underground. They don't even bring up abortion anymore. In fact, my pastor wore some big glasses during a sermon with one lense saying "homosexuality" and the other saying "abortion" and he was making fun of people who focus mainly on these two topics. The sermon was a good sermon, but I thought to myself at the time, "If Christians don't stand up for the unborn and tell the truth about homosexuality, who will?"

I sometimes think that home churches would be better but then I have to remember that we Christians don't agree on things. A home church could break up real quick. But if we're being persecuted at the time, maybe we will be able to stick together...Nawww. The Christian Church has become so diluted with Liberals, Replacement Theology beliefs, New Age beliefs, Chrislam and people who, if they are for the current administration, are believing in Marxism without even knowing it, that I don't think we could stick together. In fact, some like me, probably wouldn't join a home church in order to avoid being influenced in the wrong way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Parson Rayphe

Parson Rayphe
Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey There,
Well I certainly understand your frustration... belieeeeeeeeve me!

you wrote
"pastor wore some big glasses during a sermon with one lense saying "homosexuality" and the other saying "abortion" and he was making fun of people who focus mainly on these two topics.

As a Pastor, I think that it is a disgrace for someone to mock dear Believers that are burdened by over 50 million murders committed here on American soil during our watch.

And regarding homosexuality... The Bible is clear on the subject and so is history in regards to the devastation it causes.

I myself don't focus on either of these subjects but I surely wouldn't mock someone who Yahweh God has burdened with one of these issues.

It is my view that home churches are not only better but they are the Biblical example set before us to follow.

As for the rest... well... It is extremely sad to say I understand all toooooo well. I share your pain.....:doh:

But, the other side is we are all called to be the body and there is no way to be the body with out being in the body.:groupray:

It seems to me we are all called to just hang in there.:amen:

I pray you are encouraged in the things of Yahweh God tonight and refreshed in the Power of His Might!:pray:

What a breath of fresh air you are. I sense a wonderful absence of pride in you.
:clap:

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, Parson Rayphe, yes it is very frustrating and disappointing. For so many years I have been fascinated by Prophecy and now that it is being fulfilled (in small ways), I find myself getting crazy angry at what I see as blindness in the church and angry that I can't stop it from happening. I didn't realize I'd be living during the birth pains and trying unsuccessfully to be patient while God uses people for His will, like members of government, the police, FBI and CIA, scientists and regular people, and religious groups as well as Christians. I know in my head that God is in control and that I just need to submit to His will but it is so hard when knuckleheads are trying to run this country and run other countries too.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a better time. Let's throw the Constitution hating God loathing liberals (in both parties) out of OUR government and start over with people who care about this country and our personal religious freedoms. Those freedoms include the right to call evil an abomination what it is. Same sex marriage is an abomination to the Lord.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scrap our tax system, adopt a "fair tax" system, thus eliminating the option for anyone to have any kind of tax-exempt status, and keep our government out of our private and ecclesiastical affairs. I like that solution a whole lot better.

Upvote 0