Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Friday 11-22-19, Cheshvan 24, 5780 6th. day of the weekly cycle, 61st. Fall day,

The Fruit of the Holy Spirit is a biblical term that sums up nine attributes of a person or community living in accord with the Holy Spirit, according to chapter 5 of the Epistle to the Galatians: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." The fruit is contrasted with the works of the flesh which immediately precede it in this chapter.

Fruit Of The Spirit: Galatians Five:22-26 KJV

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a specific point of comment or inquiry for discussion? or this op simply a public service announcement or a preaching to the body kind f thing?

It is worth noting 1) most of these attributes are also attributes of love as dictated in 1 Cor. 13, 2) can be manifested willfully by the flesh and that would not be fruit of the Spirit, and 3) the list is probably not exhaustive; there are many other fruits of the Spirit and this list should not be construed to say these are the only fruits of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is there a specific point of comment or inquiry for discussion? or this op simply a public service announcement or a preaching to the body kind f thing?

It is worth noting 1) most of these attributes are also attributes of love as dictated in 1 Cor. 13, 2) can be manifested willfully by the flesh and that would not be fruit of the Spirit, and 3) the list is probably not exhaustive; there are many other fruits of the Spirit and this list should not be construed to say these are the only fruits of the Spirit.
This chapter of Galatians and verses speak for themselves and for the believer.

Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, they do. How is that relevant to either the op or my op-reply?
Did you understand the OP ? because I was following what is meant by the fruit of the spirit in the OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you understand the OP ? because I was following what is meant by the fruit of the spirit.
Yes, I did/do understand the op. I understand the Bible, too.

I read no indication in this op you were in fact "following what is meant by 'the fruit of the Spirit'." Do please explain what you think is meant by "the fruit of the Spirit" in the Galatians 5 text. Then please explain why it is my op-reply might warrant any further comment beside a statement of affirmation.

Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I did/do understand the op. I understand the Bible, too.

I read no indication in this op you were in fact "following what is meant by 'the fruit of the Spirit'." Do please explain what you think is meant by "the fruit of the Spirit" in the Galatians 5 text. Then please explain why it is my op-reply might warrant any further comment beside a statement of affirmation.
I used just those four verses to indicate what I thought would be The Fruit Of The Spirit, but yes, I know also it is more info. to apply.

Such as: The fruit of the Spirit is the result of the Holy Spirit's presence and working in the lives of maturing believers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Warner and Deborah in Post #3 said:
This chapter of Galatians and verses speak for themselves and for the believer.
I used just those four verses to indicate what I thought would be The Fruit Of The Spirit, but yes, I know also it is more info to apply.
And having inquired whether there was a specific point of comment or inquiry I posted additional notes relevant to those verses.

1) most of these attributes are also attributes of love as dictated in 1 Cor. 13:4-7,
2) these attributes can be manifested willfully by the flesh and that would not be fruit of the Spirit,
3) the list is probably not exhaustive; there are many other fruits of the Spirit,
4) therefore this list should not be construed to say these are the only fruits of the Spirit.

Anything further?

Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And having inquired whether there was a specific point of comment or inquiry I posted additional notes relevant to those verses.

1) most of these attributes are also attributes of love as dictated in 1 Cor. 13:4-7,
2) these attributes can be manifested willfully by the flesh and that would not be fruit of the Spirit,
3) the list is probably not exhaustive; there are many other fruits of the Spirit,
4) therefore this list should not be construed to say these are the only fruits of the Spirit.

Anything further?
Yes, in 1 Cor. 13:4-7, that you quoted, Charity/Love is only the beginning, there are eight more manifestations to the fruit of the spirit in Galatians 5:22-23.

The Apostle Paul stated in Galatians 5:22-23, these nine manifestations in the OP.

Walter

Last edited:
Upvote 0