Nanjing, China
✟70,310.00
Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I am Keith and English believer who lives in China. My doctrinal position is that of Evangelical reformed. I stand by the whole bible as the word of God and love the five Solas of the reformation. I need Chinese friends to receive these devotions, if you know any let me know and also people to translate the devotions from English into Chinese.

Proverbs 15

The ear that listens to and learns from the life-giving rebuke (reprimand, censure)
Will remain among the wise.
He who neglects and ignores instruction and discipline despises himself,
But he who learns from rebuke acquires understanding [and grows in wisdom].

HAVE YOU A LISTENING EAR?

Our flesh hates to be rebuked and told that what we are doing or have done is wrong. Amen. I know that I certainly do not like godly rebuke at times.

All through the book of Proverbs, one of Solomon's main themes is that being rebuked is good. Chapter 15 is one of my favourite passages, as it has so much to share with us, firstly about the tongue, but here about listening to rebuke.

We see in verse 31, that rebuke is life giving, if listened to and acted upon. We often think the reason for being rebuked or told we are wrong, is to chain
us up, but it's true purpose is to liberate us from that sin or problem that is ruining our lives.

Do you want wisdom? Then you must have an attitude of humility. You must be willing to accept rebuke and change your behaviour accordingly.

Are you listening to rebuke?
Are you then taking action?

There are always two sides to every coin and if you don't listen to rebuke or instruction, then you actually despise or hate yourself. Is there anyone reading this, that despises themselves? Well if you won't or can't listen to rebuke then you are despising yourself, as you want to wallow in your sin and failure.

Rebuke is not given either by the Lord or by godly people, to hold you back, it is given to liberate you and to help you to mature and grow in your faith.

God bless you

Keith

PROVERBS 14:25

25 A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

ARE YOU A DELIVERER OR A DECEIVER?

If the gospel is to be proclaimed, it must be done through faithful witnesses. In today's church, there are many people who preach a "false" gospel. They preach and promise prosperity or they tie everyone in knots by preaching legalism. So how do you know a false teacher/preacher from a true one?

A false teacher is one who preaches for financial gain; a true one preaches for heaven’s gain. A false teacher entertains. A true teacher edifies. A false teacher will not preach the cross; A true teacher will always preach the cross.

Matthew Henry puts it like this:

A man of integrity will venture the displeasure of the greatest, to bring truth to light and rescue those who are injured by falsehood. A faithful minister, who truly witnesses for God against sin, is thereby instrumental to deliver souls from eternal death.

He describes false teachers like this: "He forges lies, and yet pours them out with the greatest assurance imaginable for the destruction of the innocent."

Are you a true witness to the gospel of Christ? Do you proclaim the death, burial and resurrection of Christ? Listen - wealth cannot save; self-help cannot save; only the blood of Jesus can save…preach Him and Him alone.

God bless you
Keith

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

THE WELL DRESSED CHRISTIAN

BY DENNIS LYLE

Who is the Enemy?

Denis Lyle | The Well Dressed Christian

sermonaudio.com/sermon/925071621270

Stand up, stand up for Jesus

Denis Lyle | The Well Dressed Christian

sermonaudio.com/sermon/102071516414

The Belt of Truthfulness