From drinks and drugs to new life. Pray for Cameroon.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,999.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
FROM DRINK AND DRUGS TO A DIFFERENT PERSON
Abnober is from Colombia. He grew up in a broken home where his father was a heavy drinker. Aged 12, he got involved with the wrong crowd. Drugs and alcohol became his comfort.

His parents sent him to the Children’s Centre, run with your support. He returned home a year later a different Abnober. Such was the transformation that his mother began living out her faith more fearlessly and his father became a Christian.

But, as often happens to Christians in Colombia, the family’s bold expression of their faith has led to persecution – Abnober’s mother lost her job and his father has received death threats.

Read more about the extraordinary transformation of this family, your role in it and how you can support other children like Abnober this Christmas.

PLEASE PRAY:
  • That the Lord will protect Abnober and his family and provide work for his family
  • For continued wisdom and energy for all those running the Children’s Centre, and that everyone at the centre will have a wonderful Christmas
  • That God will do amazing things in all children at the centre, leading them to say with Abnober, “God is good to me and I know that He's with me.”
BOKO HARAM AN INCREASING THREAT IN CAMEROON
Whilst Christianity is the majority religion in Cameroon, attacks by the militant Islamist group Boko Haram have escalated in the north in recent years. Radicalisation is increasing in predominantly Muslim parts of the country.

Converts to Christianity from Islam also face persecution. When Abdul* decided to follow Christ, he encountered severe opposition – including being kidnapped, threatened and falsely accused. “Locals hate someone who was a Muslim and now has become a Christian,” he says. Sharing their Christian faith, even to family members, exposes them to grave risk.

Women who convert to Christianity are particularly vulnerable and can be coerced into marriage with non-Christians, as well as face the danger of abduction by Boko Haram.

Find out more about what it’s like to be a Christian in Cameroon.

A prayer for Cameroon

Heavenly Father, thwart the plans of those seeking to do evil in Cameroon and give people the insight and boldness to resist radicalisation. Comfort and heal all believers affected by militant attacks, and provide for their needs. Encourage and empower converts under pressure for their new faith. Protect Christian women and lead all to families and communities of refuge and love. Strengthen Your church in Cameroon and bring peace to the nation. Amen.

*Name changed

With many thanks for your prayers.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God bless Cameroon.
I knew and worked with a fellow from there for years.
Wonderful fellow, smart, thoughtful, great big smile.
Wonderful stories of his home country

Did NOT like snakes lol.

"Snakes will kill you man!"
God bless you Che where ever you are :)
I'm sorry about the rubber snake.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
PLEASE PRAY:
  • That the Lord will protect Abnober and his family and provide work for his family
  • For continued wisdom and energy for all those running the Children’s Centre, and that everyone at the centre will have a wonderful Christmas
  • That God will do amazing things in all children at the centre, leading them to say with Abnober, “God is good to me and I know that He's with me.”
Lord help Abnober and his family. Give them faith through all their difficulties. Thanks for the childrens centre and continue to use it to your glory. Bless the believers in Columbia. Meet their daily needs and deliver them from evil. In Christ name, Amen

• Winner
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A prayer for Cameroon

Heavenly Father, thwart the plans of those seeking to do evil in Cameroon and give people the insight and boldness to resist radicalisation. Comfort and heal all believers affected by militant attacks, and provide for their needs. Encourage and empower converts under pressure for their new faith. Protect Christian women and lead all to families and communities of refuge and love. Strengthen Your church in Cameroon and bring peace to the nation. Amen.
Amen, and Lord bring down these terrorist groups who do evil. Build your church in Cameroon. Be with them in all their trials. Meet their daily needs, and deliver them from evil. In Christ name, Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0