• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Friendship troubles (girl/guy)

LuvsSalad

Oct 26, 2003
Visit site
✟114.00
Faith
Christian
Okay so i meet this guy my first sem of college. We became friends and it turned out we both had a common interest that we both had experience in and he decided to start a business for it and asked my to be his vice-p. At first i said no but then i wanted to be involved so i told him yes. Well I started workign with him and we used my computer (i have a better one then him) and we basically would just work on things, not really just hang out and be friends. Well I began to feel kinda used, he said he didn't want me to think he was using me and he would say thank you a bunch, he would have me do webdesign or whatever but then when it came time to talk to clients and such he would tell me he would talk to me about what was said later. Now he is changing everything i did and redoing it because he has the program now. Plus the more i think about it the less he really took my advice on things, he just kinda took it and pushed it aside. I have a problem though because he is a good guy, even if i mke him sound not that way, he really is a good guy. I want to be his friend and we do just hangout sometimes now. I also want to be inolved in the business but i don't want to feel like **** all the time when i do. I'm sure some of this is all my messed up mind but i just need advice on where to go form here. If anyone has any please share. thanks

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LuvsSalad said:
Okay so i meet this guy my first sem of college. We became friends and it turned out we both had a common interest that we both had experience in and he decided to start a business for it and asked my to be his vice-p. At first i said no but then i wanted to be involved so i told him yes. Well I started workign with him and we used my computer (i have a better one then him) and we basically would just work on things, not really just hang out and be friends. Well I began to feel kinda used, he said he didn't want me to think he was using me and he would say thank you a bunch, he would have me do webdesign or whatever but then when it came time to talk to clients and such he would tell me he would talk to me about what was said later. Now he is changing everything i did and redoing it because he has the program now. Plus the more i think about it the less he really took my advice on things, he just kinda took it and pushed it aside. I have a problem though because he is a good guy, even if i mke him sound not that way, he really is a good guy. I want to be his friend and we do just hangout sometimes now. I also want to be inolved in the business but i don't want to feel like **** all the time when i do. I'm sure some of this is all my messed up mind but i just need advice on where to go form here. If anyone has any please share. thanks
Hello there! :)
Hmm, this isn't a good situacion me thinks. He is making you feel used and bad, and thats not good. I am sure he can be nice, but what he is doing is not very nice or considerate of you at all. I think you should confront him about it, and if he is still being like this, well, you may want to think about at least leaving the company. That isn't a good business partnership he is forming, he needs to communicate properly with you for it to work, and that doesn't seem to be happening. Hmm, let me know how it turns out for you.

Upvote 0