• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Friendship and loneliness

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
How do I deal with friends who no longer speak to me/do not include me in their lives?

It's been emotionally and mentally draining for me for a while now.

God, forgive my unbelief.

Thank you

There is something to be said for wisdom, life teaches you the lessons you cannot learn in a book or in therapy. So take it from someone who's lived life for 56 years...

Do not waste your time, tears, emotions, etc on people who do not want anything to do with you. Do not tilt against that type of windmill. If people do not want to be a part of your life, let them go and be at peace. Being in a relationship of any type where there is not mutual affection or desire to be in the relationship is a heart-wrenching situation to be in...so when people reject you take it as a blessing from God because there may be a reason that he doesn't want you in a relationship with those individuals.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am pretty depressed myself tonight over a friendship that is rather turning sour. So sorry to hear about your situation. Take care and God bless.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There is something to be said for wisdom, life teaches you the lessons you cannot learn in a book or in therapy. So take it from someone who's lived life for 56 years...

Do not waste your time, tears, emotions, etc on people who do not want anything to do with you. Do not tilt against that type of windmill. If people do not want to be a part of your life, let them go and be at peace. Being in a relationship of any type where there is not mutual affection or desire to be in the relationship is a heart-wrenching situation to be in...so when people reject you take it as a blessing from God because there may be a reason that he doesn't want you in a relationship with those individuals.
Thank you for your abundance of wisdom. God's blessings upon you!

Upvote 0