Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
There’s nothing wrong with learning other things, but 2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us the Bible is God-breathed and useful for all training in righteousness. That should be the precedent, wouldn’t you agree. Of course my interpretation is often lacking and needs correction, there’s no denying that.
Let me asking you something, you just dug that bible verse out to validate what I said? Why do that? I'm sure you don't need a bible passage to green light everything. Because what will you do when there's no bible verse to give you your go ahead.

Yes, what do you do.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As much as I understand, Christians are in a war against the prince of the air and his demonic kingdom. But what I see is Christians fighting non believers directly, and then each other. Are they forgetting that their enemies are not in this world, and can't be defeated by harming the host bodies they wish to posses.

But when you can't see the enemy behind the human, you're going to naturally shoot your brothers and sisters (And I do mean all of us)

When people break this command from Christ, they need to repent. For real.

"So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you"

This is the how-to for "love one another", and "love your neighbor as yourself". It's the way to know if you are doing right or wrong in a complex situation.

If I disagree with something and then end up getting into a bad temptation and actually ended up saying wording I would not want said to me if the roles were reversed, then I've done a wrong, and by truly repenting, from the heart, I can return to the path Christ is and shows for us, the "way". Christ said more. He said to go and make it right between you!

Think on that one! Direct instructions from Him, not something to put aside.

23“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny."

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let me asking you something, you just dug that bible verse out to validate what I said? Why do that? I'm sure you don't need a bible passage to green light everything. Because what will you do when there's no bible verse to give you your go ahead.

Yes, what do you do.

I don’t have to worry about that, and you don’t have to either.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth forever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't use the bible, it's old and only a little useful for fact gathering. So I have to rely on my extra sensory perception to fill in the blanks.
Hi Chris, you know that I am supportive of you and I know what you are wanting to bring from your heart, but I really do need to correct you on this.

You see, The Kingdom of God belongs to God, and it's principles are centred on righteousness - that is, truth, justice and love (Amos 7:7-8). Where mankind has been involved in religion but not for God's interests, he has brought in corrupt perversions, denigrating God's holy name. This culminated in the shedding of innocent blood 2,000 years ago, by people who were so blinded by their beliefs and who hated vehemently the words of righteousness that struck their conscience to convict them. They were not willing to be humble and repent, but rather chose to exterminate the light that inflicted their conscience.

Because of this, the kingdom of God was taken from them (Matthew 21:42-46, Romans 11:17-23). They have been persecuted, enslaved, downtrodden by those who are less noble - all because their righteousness sank for their attitude toward Jesus' righteous blood (Isaiah 5:20).

It is because Jesus Christ's covenant objective as Messiah was cut short by sinful humans through no fault of His own, He has been awarded resurrection to continue His work from heaven (1 Corinthians 2:7-8, Hebrews 7:12, Hebrews 7:24-26). He still needs us to speak of Him on earth though, so that His heavenly reign can be made known to those who do not yet know Him.

You are right that Jesus has achieved a standard of righteousness unmatched, and that is partly why St. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 3:11: "No one can lay any other foundation than what is already laid -- which is Jesus the Christ".

There is also 1 Peter 1:10-12, showing that the scriptures contain the road map for how God's plan will unfold, so all the work that you are doing for the greater good needs to comply with His plan if it is to prosper, and for you to know that plan, it is essential that you make use of the bible.

The bible isn't just an old book of dead writings as you have presented it here, rather it contains words that breathe life and equip us to be effective in His name, if we are inclined to hear what The Holy Spirit will say to us through it.

Upvote 0