Freud

JBond

Jan 1, 2006
✟7,870.00
Faith
Judaism
Anyway, Freud says that the rememberances of parents are transferred to their children. Which is why children sometimes find themselves in situations by which they act like their parents. Sometimes committing the same errors, in the similar situations, as they have, though, in a technicality they are completely different people.

Also goes the same vice and versa, that they do the very same beneficial activites as their parents would have. His research showed that it even comes about without a parents influence.
He also showed how a person can recall memories that he himself never experienced but that somehow were transferred to that individual- maybe an inheritance of "family tree".
It may not sound like a normal thing. But I think it is something very worthful.

Upvote 0

KristyAnne

Veteran
Sep 17, 2005
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Visit site
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Genetic memory? Sorry if I've read it wrong, but is that the gist of it? I've heard about it before (but not of the Freud connection). I think it's a fascinating idea, and a definite possibility, because there is so much about the brain and memory that we don't understand.

So did Freud only consider memory being passed from parent to child, or did he explore the possibility that it could be passed down from grandparents, and great-grandparents, etc.?

Kristy

Upvote 0