Freshness Seal

Do you remove the entire Freshness Seal?

• I remove the Freshness Seal entirely.

• I pull the Freshness Seal back part-way and leave it on.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I pull it completely off of peanut butter and most everything except for cream cheese and sour cream. I don't know why I don't take it completely off of those things.

It has no effect on my marriage.

That is exactly what I do! I was thinking the same thing, always off of condiments... except sour cream!

I don't know why...

Can't say it's ever come up in our marriage...

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I remove it completely. My husband does not (he just peels it back as far as needed to pour out whatever he wants) If he does take it off completely (a rare thing) it's left wherever it falls.

It's feral...the underside of the seal often has 'bits' stuck to it, and they go hard and crusty and whatever you pour out (past the partially opened seal) will touch the crusty bits....ew!

Obviously my husband is not yet fully house-trained :p ;)

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I can't vote in the poll! :sigh: I remove it entirely for peanutbutter, but I pull it back (and I make sure not to break it) on dairy products.

I don't know the effect on my marriage as my husband never, ever cooks and therefore doesn't know of the existence of the freshness seal in the first place.

It keeps things fresher if you leave it on - but only if you don't touch the thing, or what's underneath it. I can get well* past the "used by" date by putting the seal back on. :idea: For things like quark (is that a word in English?) and sour cream at least. And peanutbutter doesn't really need a seal, which is why I remove it.

*have managed 6 weeks so far :sorry: and yes, completely safe - I have an excellent sense of smell, and very good eyes.

Upvote 0

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't vote:sigh::cry::sigh::cry:
I sometimes leave it on, sometimes take it all the way off, sometimes take off the "little bits".

Typically I take it all the way off of something I'm going to be pouring or squirting through a lid (ketchup/mustard/dressing) but the rest is really up in the air and depends on my mood. If I'm in a hurry and it doesn't come all the way off or tears in the process of removal, I'll leave the rest on. Cottage cheese, for some reason, usually retains part of the seal and I think sour cream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We just rip off the seal and use the product. Since we both do the same thing and don't pay any attention, I'd say it doesn't affect our (very soon to be) marriage at all. Except maybe to serve as evidence of how alike we are.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For things like quark (is that a word in English?)

Yes, but I don't think you'd want to eat it. :D

quark
thinsp.png
Audio Help /kwɔrk, kwɑrk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kwawrk, kwahrk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun Physics. any of the hypothetical particles with spin 1/2, baryon number 1/3, and electric charge 1/3 or −2/3 that, together with their antiparticles, are believed to constitute all the elementary particles classed as baryons and mesons; they are distinguished by their flavors, designated as up (u), down (d), strange (s), charm (c), bottom or beauty (b), and top or truth (t), and their colors, red, green, and blue. Compare color (def. 18), flavor (def. 5), quantum chromodynamics, quark model.
[Origin: coined in 1963 by U.S. physicist Murray Gell-Mann (b. 1929), who associated it with a word in Joyce's Finnegans Wake, read variously as E quark croak and G Quark curd, (slang) rubbish, tripe
thinsp.png
]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but I don't think you'd want to eat it. :D

quark
thinsp.png
Audio Help /kwɔrk, kwɑrk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kwawrk, kwahrk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun Physics. any of the hypothetical particles with spin 1/2, baryon number 1/3, and electric charge 1/3 or −2/3 that, together with their antiparticles, are believed to constitute all the elementary particles classed as baryons and mesons; they are distinguished by their flavors, designated as up (u), down (d), strange (s), charm (c), bottom or beauty (b), and top or truth (t), and their colors, red, green, and blue. Compare color (def. 18), flavor (def. 5), quantum chromodynamics, quark model.
[Origin: coined in 1963 by U.S. physicist Murray Gell-Mann (b. 1929), who associated it with a word in Joyce's Finnegans Wake, read variously as E quark croak and G Quark curd, (slang) rubbish, tripe
thinsp.png
]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
:D LOL, my brother's a physicist so I'd heard about those quarks, too.

Well, what we call kwark (which if it existed in English would be spelled as quark) is very very very fresh cheese. Not cottage cheese - it's not lumpy. It has a sour taste, but less sour than yogurt. More sour than sour cream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums