Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If pro lifers physically attacked abortionists who could blame them..
To protest murder by using violence seems like a bad way to get your values across.

I agree with your thoughts that the rosary is a more compassionate weapon than fists; but that seems a false dichotomy, drawing a distinction between two choices when there are actually many more. One choice would have been to work up front to have your opinion known to the organizers. Once the mass was scheduled and other Christians invited with the blessings of the bishop, discord is not constructive. It damages the ecumenical movement and drives wedges between ourselves and our separated brethren. If we believe in one faith and one church, then love should compel us to invite others into our church, not drive them from it. We will never convert those that we offend.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The could've prayed the Rosary in silence.

Jim

they could have met together in a park or a meeting hall rather then in a Church built for the solemn worship of God

I do not see any accounts of ancient Saints inviting heretics to speak in their churches or lead them in prayer
the ancient Saints opposed heretics

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To protest murder by using violence seems like a bad way to get your values across.

I agree with your thoughts that the rosary is a more compassionate weapon than fists; but that seems a false dichotomy, drawing a distinction between two choices when there are actually many more. One choice would have been to work up front to have your opinion known to the organizers. Once the mass was scheduled and other Christians invited with the blessings of the bishop, discord is not constructive. It damages the ecumenical movement and drives wedges between ourselves and our separated brethren. If we believe in one faith and one church, then love should compel us to invite others into our church, not drive them from it. We will never convert those that we offend.

We dont know what action was taken by these men prior to the event.

And if you believe those words you said about not driving people from the church by offending them then you will agree the these ecumenucal services are a bad idea that offends many catholics and threatens to drive many devout members away from the church and cause a potential schism

What drives wedges between us and protestants is a seemingly disregard for the truth at a time when the world needs it most. The other day the CofE said that children should be encouraged to explore their sexual identity in schools... liberal protestantism is commiting suicide if we only stood for proclaimed and defended the truth their folly would be their own downfall but we its seems are so busy engaging in the politics of thr ecumenical movement that we do not see we are following them to our own detriment and self destruction and alienating our own faithful at the sametime accelerating the process

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah and they could of physically attacked those offending them and who could of blamed them... but their action was restrained
Praying the rosary outloud and disrupting the sermon was not restrained.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Well it is in my eyes because i tell you i would have been severely tested not to drag the catholic clergy out by their knecks... instead the young men got dragged out by theirs... they chose the better more restrained more Catholic approach... i am sure you would agree

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Neither was driving the money changers from the temple, but...."His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for your house will consume me.” (John 2:17)

In comparison, they were restrained but Jesus did the right thing as well.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Neither was driving the money changers from the temple, but...."His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for your house will consume me.” (John 2:17)

Oh wow thats just the perfect scripture passage to reference it just puts it all into perspective

Ever wish you could click like 50 to 100 times

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

Brilliant comparison!
Thank you for your contribution to this thread :)

Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Jesus didn't drive people out of the Temple because they were praying or having a religious service, but the corrupt money changers who as Jesus said, turned his Father's house into a den of thieves.

Also, according to Pope Benedict XVI in his book, Jesus of Nazareth, he quotes Mark,
Then he taught them saying, “Is it not written:

‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples’? Mark 11:17

Pope Benedict explained that this area was designated for people of other nations who were not Jewish, but wished to pray. The money changers had taken over this area which prevented anyone from praying.

There's no comparrison to the group who disrupted the ecuminical service except that they prevented people from praying.

Jim

Reactions: MichaelEric
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate

Jesus didn't interrupt worship. The sale of offerings did not take place inside the core of the Temple. And there is a place for being rude with people who are criminally scamming others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I remember some radical Catholics laying on the floor of the church when I was a child. And we had to step over them to get to communion. I always felt that they were just doing it to get attention.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What a nasty thing to say !

Comparing people of other denominations at the ecuminical service to the crooked money changers in the Temple of Jesus time, is probably the most insulting posts I've seen in this forum.
Well, like the money changers, the blame should not solely be placed on them. The Temple authorities should have forbid their practices and and kept them out.

The Catholic Church does not call them heretics today,
I was speaking about a particular Church that was invited, not all Protestants or Non-Catholics. These groups may hold heretical beliefs but that in itself is not enough for me to label them as heretics.

but is trying to heal the wounds of division which obviously upsets you.
At what cost? If the cost is the truth then that is far too expensive. This is what upsets me. I don't see anything positive coming from ecumenism and it seems like it just weakens the faith. It gives off the impression that Catholicism is just one of the numerous Christian beliefs, instead of the Church which Christ established that has safeguarded the truth for 2000 years.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So is it a good thing to interrupt? I is confused.
The Rosary is a weapon in the spiritual warfare against the evil one.

It's not to be a weapon used against people trying to pray together in a ecuminical service.

What they did in the video is a disgrace to the Blessed Mother's intentions.

Jim
Beyond our own fears of repercusion it would be a very insensitive disrespectful and distasteful thing to do

But you do answer the 2nd question about the muslim reaction vs the catholic reaction.

They are goading us and mocking us in our own parishes and they are invited to do so by our own traitor priests

What is also shocking about the video is that the congragation are more incensed by those peacefully praying the rosary than by a woman gyrating herself disrespectfully infront of our lord in the tabernacle
When I read on an evangelical site about this ecumenical stuff ,I had no idea how far gone ,and how degraded it had become . Good for these young men to stand up against the feeble minded ,
easily led ,in the Church.
There is a difference between forgiving sinners and being kind, and being led by falsehood ,but then am I surprised ,mais non .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
they could have met together in a park or a meeting hall rather then in a Church built for the solemn worship of God

I do not see any accounts of ancient Saints inviting heretics to speak in their churches or lead them in prayer
the ancient Saints opposed heretics
You are correct Rhamiel ,ecumenism will not led people to the Church ,that is not the right way .
The right way, is for Catholics to study the word of God together ,and to truly understand what He is teaching us . Grown up Christians need this ,it strengthens their faith ,and so they can argue better against false religion such as is being introduced .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums