✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good grief, *why*?

It was a celebration of the reformation in a catholic parish with a female protestant cleric celebrating... they prayed the rosary for reperation and got arrested because it disrupted the debarcle... this is the 2nd time this has happened this month in europe thst i am aware of a few weeks back several young catholic men were arrested in belgium for the same thing

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It was a celebration of the reformation in a catholic parish with a female protestant cleric celebrating... they prayed the rosary for reperation and got arrested because it disrupted the debarcle... this is the 2nd time this has happened this month in europe thst i am aware of a few weeks back several young catholic men were arrested in belgium for the same thing
So is it a good thing to interrupt? I is confused.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So is it a good thing to interrupt? I is confused.

Like i said regarding the other incident.

Would you personally go and celebrate the victory at lepanto in a a mosque... ask yourself why that would not be acceptable and you will have your answer

Then ask yourself what the muslim response would be and you will have your answer to if these catholics over reacted

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Would you personally go and celebrate the victory at Lepanto in a a mosque... ask yourself why that would not be acceptable and you will have your answer

Then ask yourself what the muslim response would be and you will have your answer to if these catholics over reacted
Celebrating the victory at Lepanto, a great and glorious victory by the way, in a mosque might get one killed. Certainly beat up.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Celebrating the victory at Lepanto, a great and glorious victory by the way, in a mosque might get one killed. Certainly beat up.

Revelation 3:15-16 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

15 “I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot. 16 So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Beyond our own fears of repercusion it would be a very insensitive disrespectful and distasteful thing to do

But you do answer the 2nd question about the muslim reaction vs the catholic reaction.

They are goading us and mocking us in our own parishes and they are invited to do so by our own traitor priests

What is also shocking about the video is that the congragation are more incensed by those peacefully praying the rosary than by a woman gyrating herself disrespectfully infront of our lord in the tabernacle

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They were disrupting the service by praying he Rosary out loud.

The service was approved by the Bishop and it was not only disrespectful to the people at the service to disrupt the service, it was disrespectful to Our Blessed Mother to abuse the Rosary in this way.

The devotion of praying the Rosary is to move us closer to God and not to be used as a weapon to drive others away.

Jim

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They were disrupting the service by praying he Rosary out loud.

The service was approved by the Bishop and it was not only disrespectful to the people at the service to disrupt the service, it was disrespectful to Our Blessed Mother to abuse the Rosary in this way.

The devotion of praying the Rosary is to move us closer to God and not to be used as a weapon to drive others away.

Jim

The Rosary is the ‘weapon’ for these times.” -Saint Padre Pio

"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world.” – Blessed Pope Pius IX

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you’ll be amazed at the results.” -St. Josemaria Escriva

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Rosary is the ‘weapon’ for these times.” -Saint Padre Pio

"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world.” – Blessed Pope Pius IX

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you’ll be amazed at the results.” -St. Josemaria Escriva

The Rosary is a weapon in the spiritual warfare against the evil one.

It's not to be a weapon used against people trying to pray together in a ecuminical service.

What they did in the video is a disgrace to the Blessed Mother's intentions.

Jim

• Agree
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It's not to be a weapon used against people trying to pray together in a ecuminical service.

Jim

That is your opinion and your entitled to it. But it is my opiniom the disgrace was the ecumenical captitulation service and those who approved it and that the rosary was not only a restrained action but the perfect action to take... thats my opinion and i am entitled to it

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Jim

That is your opinion and your entitled to it. But it is my opiniom the disgrace was the ecumenical captitulation service and those who approved it and that the rosary was not only a restrained action but the perfect action to take... thats my opinion and i am entitled to it

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The could've prayed the Rosary in silence.

Jim

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The could've prayed the Rosary in silence.

Jim

Yeah and they could of physically attacked those offending them and who could of blamed them... but their action was restrained

They could of prayed in silence but it would not of expressed their opposition they used the rosary to keep their own restraint and make their displeasure peaceful and prayerful.

If pro lifers physically attacked abortionists who could blame them.. they could pray the rosary in silence outside instead of disturbing the legal and approved practices inside they do not need to use the rosary as a weapon but they do and its a better weapon than their fists or worse

Upvote 0