United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I should have said predestined.
So it sounds like everyone is predestined until their not. As in they make the choice not to be Gods.
It always concerns me for those that are not predestined, what choice do they have. So I would rather think that we all are predestined and then given the choice to not be.
This is the best biblical answer I’ve come across.

Upvote 0

Steven Beck

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟28,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Satan's lie?
What benefit or motive would Satan have?
According to you 99+ percent of humanity will be in a forever burning hell with no hope of escape. Somehow that is not enough of a victory for Satan?
Maybe you are casting blame in the wrong direction.

Satan's benefit is humiliating God in front of all his creation by humiliating mankind. Satan will be thrown in the fire anyway and his satisfaction will be taking as many of us as he can.

Probably closer to 70%

You are thinking with your heart and not your head.

What does scripture say?

Eze_18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Eze_18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

I don't think Christians fully understand this concept. The soul is dead to God when sin enters. Dead, separated, a deep chasm. If you physically die without repairing this chasm then this separation is for eternity. While we live physically this chasm can be bridged then if we die physically all is well. If we take the case of the thief on the cross beside Jesus, he repented by admitting he deserved to die and he put his faith in Jesus by calling Him Lord. Even though this guy lived only a few more hours the bridge was made.

God cannot repair the bridge once you are physically dead. This is why Satan and the fallen angels cannot be saved. The bridge is broken and God will keep them out of his house forever.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God cannot repair the bridge once you are physically dead. This is why Satan and the fallen angels cannot be saved. The bridge is broken and God will keep them out of his house forever.
Is this biblical, or just a teaching of the Church?
You posted Eze_18:4, which begins: "Behold, all souls are mine..."

Christ went and preached in hades (the heart of the earth) before he was resurrected from the dead. He took captivity captive. Were those he converted dead or alive? Did Christ make a bridge in the realm of the dead? (yes) Could it happen again? Why not?

Christ was laid in an above ground tomb. Where did he go? What did he do?

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Ephesians 4:6-10
one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.
8 This is why it says:
“When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people.”
9 (What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Christians fully understand this concept. The soul is dead to God when sin enters. Dead, separated, a deep chasm. If you physically die without repairing this chasm then this separation is for eternity. While we live physically this chasm can be bridged then if we die physically all is well. If we take the case of the thief on the cross beside Jesus, he repented by admitting he deserved to die and he put his faith in Jesus by calling Him Lord. Even though this guy lived only a few more hours the bridge was made.
I certainly understand the concept of the Chasm.
did you make the connection between these two scriptures?

Luke 16:26
And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

John 5:24
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More on the first born. Make note of the definition of "all things". But also notice what happens to "all things". (will reconcile to himself - vs 20)

Colossians 1:16-20
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Steven Beck

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟28,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
The point of corrective justice is the release of the prisoner once they are corrected, or have served their sentence which fits the crime. Do we imagine God's justice to be harsher than this? That he would throw countless billions, some of whom never knew him, into a forever burning hell with no hope of escape?

If this concerns you so much why are you not out do what Jesus did? You know, Preach the gospel. heal the sick, raise the dead? Universalism the lazy man's guide to wishing everybody into heaven.

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If this concerns you so much why are you not out do what Jesus did? You know, Preach the gospel. heal the sick, raise the dead? Universalism the lazy man's guide to wishing everybody into heaven.
Your post is contradictory. By your definition, why would a Universalist be concerned?
Besides, you are the one who claims 70 percent are lost. Take your own medicine.

• Winner
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0