Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you took some time to look into it, you know the entire place seeks to replicate various historical art and architecture. Quote

A National Historic Landmark in the heart of Philadelphia, the Masonic Temple features a Norman-style exterior which ushers visitors inside where stylistic references to the Middle Ages give way to a fantasy of Renaissance-inspired neoclassicism in the corridors and stairs and to 19th Century “eclectic revivalism” in the lodge rooms. Oriental Hall and the neoclassical Library and Museum, the Grand Banquet Hall, the Grand Master’s Suite and offices share the first floor. Norman, Egyptian, and Ionic Halls share the second floor with Corinthian and Renaissance Halls. The third floor houses Gothic Hall. Two ornate corridors and stair halls complement and connect every room.

Yeah I did see some other styles etc. I don't make into Philly very often, I hate big city traffic, parking, etc. but I want to check it out on my next family and friends outing. Valley Forge is on the way there, and we already talked of going there sometime.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah I did see some other styles etc. I don't make into Philly very often, I hate big city traffic, parking, etc. but I want to check it out on my next family and friends outing. Valley Forge is on the way there, and we already talked of going there sometime.

People all over the world go and see the pyramids at least once in their life, they are one of the 7 wonders of the world... there's really nothing sinister about history or architecture... in fact, one of the great sayings we have is that those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. I for one am not one to tear down reminders of the past, or sweeping them under the rug. There is too much to be gained from learning from our past, and in Egyptian art there is much to remind the Christian of our God and our faith, when one sees it with a Christian heart and Biblical knowledge. Pharaoh represents all that man is and can be apart from God, and we know that before a Holy God, that is less than nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We're talking about Lutherans and Masonry, Pavel. You chose to use Lutherans in an attempt to prove something unflattering about Masonry and you were wrong. Now you don't want to be connected with your own claim.

Um I only commuted 180+ miles round trip for 2 years going every week in 79-81, sometimes twice a week unless sick to the nearest WELS church since my parents considered the ELCA in my hometown too liberal.... And that was when the legal speed limit was 55 mph (2 hours each direction if you stuck to the speed limit). So this reasoning is spurious.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All right, but I can only respond to one issue at a time. Your point was that other books of sacred writings besides the Bible are (rarely) allowed on the so-called altar.

Now for this additional issue...

What proclamation about doctrine are you referring to?

That's not true.

Okay. That doesn't pose any difficulties for someone wanting to belong to his local Christian church and also to his local Masonic lodge.

Such as?

That's absolutely false.

In other words, you're offering us a quote from John Calvin as a way of proving that Masonry isn't in any way sympatico with in Christianity (?)

As I've said twice before, dozens of other civic organizations, etc. take no stance on the religious beliefs of their members but, guess what? There doesn't seem to be any effort in the churches to ban membership in them on this account.

The issue is false and this proves it to be so.

On what basis do you dismiss testimonies like the one below ???

In 1961, prior to accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, I was approached very subtly and asked: ‘What do you think about Freemasonry?’ My answer demonstrated ignorance on the subject. I mentioned believing that only morally good people and devout Christians belonged to the lodge (an opinion and false concept shared by a large segment of the Church today). I was then indirectly asked to consider joining the Freemasons. The reasons for my deciding to seek membership were based on the mystery, intrigue and secrecy involved, as well as the fact that many in my church, along with the minister, were members of the Freemasons.

Three lodge members visited me to investigate my character. A friendly conversation evolved, including the following questions:

‘Were you ever convicted of a crime?’

‘What church do you attend?’

‘What are your interests?’

‘Are you married or divorced?’

The vote and acceptance for my initiation into the first three degrees of Freemasonry occurred in May, 1961. Six months later, I was asked to become an officer of the lodge.

In 1963, I was petitioned and accepted into the Royal Arch chapter of Masons, Royal and Select Masters or Council, and Knights Templar or Commandery. Shortly thereafter, I joined the Shrine (A.A.O.N.M.S.). Following seven years of progression from one office to another called chairs, I was installed as Worshipful Master of the lodge. This was done only after completing exhaustive memory work and being examined and elected. My installation as Worshipful Master of a Baltimore lodge took place in January, 1968.

During the process of moving through the various chairs (office to office), God opened my eyes to the deceptions of Freemasonry. An awareness of my own spiritual condition resulted.

One evening following a meeting, the Chaplain closed his prayers with the phrase, ‘in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ’. An objection was given to this closing. Usually a universal quotation from the Masonic Manual (blue book) is given at the beginning and end of all prayers. I was shocked by this objection. I always thought wherever God is worshipped and reverenced, even in the lodge room, a prayer should never exclude His Son, Jesus Christ.

A second indication of deception surfaced during the year I was installed as Worshipful Master. By appointment, I visited the Grand Lodge of Maryland and requested a Christian flag be placed next to my chair in the lodge room. The Grand Master refused on the grounds that such a flag would offend our Jewish, Moslem, and Hindu members. This incident was very upsetting. My faith in Masonry was fading.

Two years later in October, 1970, God’s conviction was heavy upon me as a sinner. I repented and asked Jesus to forgive me for having rejected Him. That night in my living room I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. This experience, combined with intense Bible study for the next two years, convinced me to renounce Freemasonry and all its branches in May, 1972.

God has since opened many doors of opportunity to witness in churches, on radio and in a seminary, impressing upon believers the dangers of Freemasonry. The foundational doctrine of the Christian faith contrast Freemasonry and its associated teachings, all of which are based upon ancient pagan and satanic rituals. Is it any wonder that some of Christendom’s spiritual giants such as Moody, Finney, Torrey, Barnhouse and Rice have vigorously opposed Freemasonry?

My goal is to inform all Christians of the danger of committing themselves by oath to this satanic cult. ‘Once a Mason, always a Mason’, is the intended result when one obligates himself to Masonry. However, it is important to consider God’s Word, which says: ‘If the Son, therefore, shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed’ (John 8:36).

Freemasonry is one of Satan’s master deceptions. Many ministers, elders, deacons, trustees and Sunday School teachers belong to this cult. There is a tremendous need to scrutinize the cultic nature of Freemasonry in view of its infiltration into the Church and the negative effects which result. It should be exposed to the true light of God’s redeeming Word.

Jack Harris

From: Jack Harris, Freemasonry: The invisible cult in our midst, Whitaker House, printed in USA 1983, pages 8-11

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What do you think? Is the Pope Catholic? Is it normal to have the most pro-abortion politicians to read during mass? Taylor Marshall seems to think the Roman Catholic Church is full of Masonic philosophy and actually Freemasonry.

What do you think?
Was it a Masonic handshake? I doubt it, but maybe.

Wouldn't they have been more secretive with a secret handshake if they were both Masons though? There is no claim, specious or otherwise, that Pelosi is a Mason.

What I suspect is that Nancy Pelosi just wanted to hang on as long as she could so the photographers would be sure to get the picture. She is facing a battle with her own archbishop, who wants to restrict her from communion because of her pro-abortion activism. Being all buddy buddy with pope Francis strengthens her hand against her archbishop.

As to current Masonic influence in the Vatican, it's likely. Taylor Marshall did a moderately convincing book called 'Infiltration' about people with agendas playing a long game to destroy Christianity.

And with pope Francis, who knows what's going on with him. One could ask why he is all buddy buddy with a pro-abortion activist. He should have been briefed on her abortion activism and her troubles with her archbishop.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What do you think? Is the Pope Catholic? Is it normal to have the most pro-abortion politicians to read during mass? Taylor Marshall seems to think the Roman Catholic Church is full of Masonic philosophy and actually Freemasonry.

What do you think?
On the next viewing of this I think it's very clear Nancy Pelosi is grubbing for every moment with pope Francis to use against her archbishop. I don't see much more than that. She is a rabid pro-abortion politician who lectures her archbishop on how abortion is fully Catholic. She also had an engagement to read the second reading at a mass in the Vatican. Huh?

My only question is why pope Francis sees fit to endorse her. But then I can't figure out Francis at all. He seems to be trolling archbishop Cordelione, he, Cordelione who is a good and faithful plain old Catholic.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What I suspect is that Nancy Pelosi just wanted to hang on as long as she could so the photographers would be sure to get the picture. She is facing a battle with her own archbishop, who wants to restrict her from communion because of her pro-abortion activism. Being all buddy buddy with pope Francis strengthens her hand against her archbishop.

:) Yeah the previous pope's resignation really saved her. I only wonder what would have happened if he stayed around and dealt with her a second time (It seemed like she got her formal warning by him clarifying the Church's position on abortion which she had denied in various interviews). Would she avoided going to church for a number of years until she retired from politics? Or maybe she might leave Catholicism for ECUSA or another liberal Anglican/Episcopal Church....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Taylor Marshall is an anti-Catholic and yes the Pope is Catholic. There is nothing Masonic about the Pope or Church teaching.
How would you know? They obviously wouldn't want people to find out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was it a Masonic handshake? I doubt it, but maybe.

Wouldn't they have been more secretive with a secret handshake if they were both Masons though? There is no claim, specious or otherwise, that Pelosi is a Mason.

As to current Masonic influence in the Vatican, it's likely. Taylor Marshall did a moderately convincing book called 'Infiltration' about people with agendas playing a long game to destroy Christianity.

And with pope Francis, who knows what's going on with him. One could ask why he is all buddy buddy with a pro-abortion activist. He should have been briefed on her abortion activism and her troubles with her archbishop.
God does say that our sin will find us out. If God wants to expose something He will, and we are far from perfect and infallible, however careful we may want to be.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
:) Yeah the previous pope's resignation really saved her. I only wonder what would have happened if he stayed around and dealt with her a second time (It seemed like she got her formal warning by him clarifying the Church's position on abortion which she had denied in various interviews). Would she avoided going to church for a number of years until she retired from politics? Or maybe she might leave Catholicism for ECUSA or another liberal Anglican/Episcopal Church....
A rational Catholicism would have traded her to the Anglicans/Episcopalians years ago. Kind of like a baseball player trade. One can only surmise that many in power in the Catholic Church rather prefer the changes she represents in that direction. She is not shy about lecturing the Catholic Church about which way it should go.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
God does say that our sin will find us out. If God wants to expose something He will, and we are far from perfect and infallible, however careful we may want to be.
True. The truth eventually comes out. But it could well be that it was just an odd and awkward handshake. The handshake is insignificant to me compared to what it said by even having the meeting at all. To me, the pope did the equivalent of stabbing archbishop Cordelione in the back. What he effectively said was that pro-abortion Catholicism is A-OK. Without having to actually say those words. Which of course would be impossible for a pope to actually say.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A rational Catholicism would have traded her to the Anglicans/Episcopalians years ago. Kind of like a baseball player trade. One can only surmise that many in power in the Catholic Church rather prefer the changes she represents in that direction. She is not shy about lecturing the Catholic Church about which way it should go.

lol yeah I'm really amazed at the Chutzpah! I think popes of earlier centuries would have had her excommunicated a long time ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
lol yeah I'm really amazed at the Chutzpah! I think popes of earlier centuries would have had her excommunicated a long time ago.
Yes, except that it’s her bishop’s job to do that and not the pope’s job.

This mess was made by cardinal McCarrick, the child molesting finally defrocked cardinal of Washington DC. Cardinal Ratzinger sent him a letter saying of course such pro-abortion politicians shouldn’t be receiving communion. McCarrick pocketed the letter. The USCCB never acted on the letter. Just one more instance of how everything McCarrick touched turned to lead and not gold.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status