• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Freedom with pills

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I assume you refer to medication. Drugs that result in addiction will make things worse. If required medications have side effects, this should be discussed with professionals.

I'm not sure being set free is the proper goal. Coping is probably a better path.

• Agree
Reactions: Zoii and Hall
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it possible to be set free even with pills that numb me and alter my perception of the world?

Do you mean set free as in helping your mind not be controlled by your illness? If that is what you mean, absolutely. Medicine was a great help to me - took several years of experimenting to find the right ones - but finally I was able to get better when they finally did find a medicine that worked well with my chemistry. I still thank God for this often, and it's been almost 20 years now

Upvote 0