Free Speech—Especially about JESUS—Outlawed Without a 'Permit' on This University Campus?

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Free Speech—Especially about JESUS—Outlawed Without a 'Permit' on This University Campus?
News Staff : Apr 28, 2016 : CBN News

"The courts have well established that a public university can't require permits in this manner for this kind of speech—and certainly can't enforce such rules selectively."

1461775984093.jpg
[CBN News] North Carolina State University is facing a lawsuit after requiring Christian students to have a permit before talking about Jesus. (Photo: NCSU.edu)
FULL ARTICLE

"Meanwhile, other student organizations were able to speak freely without a permit."
Surprising? No .

Ah, to be a student on this campus. Civil disobedience is worth every bit of trouble that it takes to go against corrupt secularists.

Reactions: Winken

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"The courts have well established that a public university can't require permits in this manner for this kind of speech—and certainly can't enforce such rules selectively."

"Meanwhile, other student organizations were able to speak freely without a permit."
Surprising? No .
Yeah, if other groups are allowed to engage in that sort of free speech without a permit on the campus, then that is blatant discrimination.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, if other groups are allowed to engage in that sort of free speech without a permit on the campus, then that is blatant discrimination.
Agreed. That they authorities that are empowered to make this rule could care less that it is so should concern every parent who's child attends this campus.

It just goes to foster the idea that our universities and college campuses are becoming the indoctrination centers for secularism and the Petri dish wherein the virus of PC can proliferate. And huge over-inflated tuition is just the beginning of the cost of that.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just a sign of the times.
Universities seem to have changed their purpose, from providing education to instilling stupidity.
That and they're becoming more and more like liberal indoctrination centers. A step process that begins now more so in state public schools so that the process is familiar due to the hard wiring that begins in K grade. As the student enters university or college they're already conformed to the education method that programs compliance to the status quo. While programming intolerance for that which is in conflict.
The dialectical method, if you will. Instilling a programming aligned with and centered around political correctness. Implying through programming that it is a constitutional right not to be offended. Free thought relegated to capitulation in the name and cause of mitigation.

Reactions: Tiny Bible
Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That and they're becoming more and more like liberal indoctrination centers. A step process that begins now more so in state public schools so that the process is familiar due to the hard wiring that begins in K grade. As the student enters university or college they're already conformed to the education method that programs compliance to the status quo. While programming intolerance for that which is in conflict.
The dialectical method, if you will. Instilling a programming aligned with and centered around political correctness. Implying through programming that it is a constitutional right not to be offended. Free thought relegated to capitulation in the name and cause of mitigation.

And yet you'll hear people ignore the exclusive nature of prohibitions like this in the OP. There are even those that are all for banning Christian teachings whenever, wherever, possible.
There was a video here not long ago featuring the comedian Jerry Seinfeld. He was talking about his daughter returning from university on break. Her mother asked if she was dating any boys as yet, and her daughter called that question sexist.
How she arrived at that conclusion is beyond comprehension. Even her father was stunned.
Who can blame him.

P/S I like your avatar. I've actually heard people argue against that very thing. That a baby in the womb isn't human. Makes you wonder what they were before they were born.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Blessings for your Avatar. Conception = Life. Thanks for your blessed posts.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And yet you'll hear people ignore the exclusive nature of prohibitions like this in the OP. There are even those that are all for banning Christian teachings whenever, wherever, possible.
There was a video here not long ago featuring the comedian Jerry Seinfeld. He was talking about his daughter returning from university on break. Her mother asked if she was dating any boys as yet, and her daughter called that question sexist.
How she arrived at that conclusion is beyond comprehension. Even her father was stunned.
Who can blame him.
I have friends that are big fans of the old Seinfeld series. I'm at a loss which is why I don't attend their Seinfeld weekend marathoners. I'll have to look to see if I can find that interview.

P/S I like your avatar. I've actually heard people argue against that very thing. That a baby in the womb isn't human. Makes you wonder what they were before they were born.
Thank you. :)
I would never take seriously the abortion argument that includes the statement that a human baby in the womb is not a human being.
Once someone made that statement they're not talking about human pregnancy much less the issue of being for or against abortion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have friends that are big fans of the old Seinfeld series. I'm at a loss which is why I don't attend their Seinfeld weekend marathoners. I'll have to look to see if I can find that interview.

Thank you. :)
I would never take seriously the abortion argument that includes the statement that a human baby in the womb is not a human being.
Once someone made that statement they're not talking about human pregnancy much less the issue of being for or against abortion.

The "amusing" thing in the abortion debate is the hypocrisy of it all.
If I were to go and take an eagles eggs out of it's nest (effectively aborting them), I would be committing a Federal crime and nobody would question the fact that eagles had been killed.
How is taking an unhatched (unborn) human out of it's nest (womb) any different?

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Whether or not students have free speech rights on school property is a debate that has a long history. More power to those who advocate for freedom to preach the Gospel on university campuses, but it may be also be that students need to consider the views of the particular faculty before they enroll.

Education has never been only about getting a job.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "amusing" thing in the abortion debate is the hypocrisy of it all.
If I were to go and take an eagles eggs out of it's nest (effectively aborting them), I would be committing a Federal crime and nobody would question the fact that eagles had been killed.
How is taking an unhatched (unborn) human out of it's nest (womb) any different?
That you conflate eagle eggs to human babies and find it all amusing says a lot about the state of your mind and soul. Besides the fact this thread isn't about abortion.
Ask your priest to explain the difference. I'm certain they'll be surprised if you use the same comparative as you did here.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whether or not students have free speech rights on school property is a debate that has a long history. More power to those who advocate for freedom to preach the Gospel on university campuses, but it may be also be that students need to consider the views of the particular faculty before they enroll.

Education has never been only about getting a job.
Great advice as to checking to see what a school's policies are before applying for that particular university or college.
I'm surprised this policy has been in effect this long. However, every thing has its time and place in God's plan and perhaps that is why it is now being challenged in court.
If Christians become aware of this and the court doesn't repeal the unconstitutional rule maybe Christian students refusing to apply and thus pay their tuition will get the staff's attention. Or, maybe what the whole point of this rule was all along was to deter Christian applicants in the first place. You can come to campus just don't talk about your faith?
Try that with any other religion and see how it goes over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That you conflate eagle eggs to human babies and find it all amusing says a lot about the state of your mind and soul. Besides the fact this thread isn't about abortion.
Ask your priest to explain the difference. I'm certain they'll be surprised if you use the same comparative as you did here.
You missed the point of my post entirely.
I was TRYING to point out that a society that gets very upset about the killing of birds thinks nothing about the killing of humans.
Your reply was rather rude. Perhaps you should talk to your priest about not being judgmental when you don't understand the point of a post.

My post was a comment on your statement:
I would never take seriously the abortion argument that includes the statement that a human baby in the womb is not a human being

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While it doesn't mean someone didn't mess up here (and without hearing details from both sides I'm not sure we can see the whole story) NC State is known as one of the most conservative universities in North Carolina. Engineering, textiles, agriculture, furniture - those types of programs are core studies and tend to draw a more conservative crowd. So I doubt this is part of some liberal indoctrination agenda.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You missed the point of my post entirely.
I was TRYING to point out that a society that gets very upset about the killing of birds thinks nothing about the killing of humans.
Your reply was rather rude. Perhaps you should talk to your priest about not being judgmental when you don't understand the point of a post.

My post was a comment on your statement:
Catholics utilize priests.
Your post was rather rude when you chose to go far afield of the topic and introduce abortion.The eagle analogy pertains to preservation of a national bird by federal law. Where it does ring similar to humans is that a woman's right to choose is protected by federal law.
In both cases, with your analogy in mind, choice is involved. Someone taking the eggs out of an eagles nest chooses to break federal law.
A woman that decides to have an abortion chooses to have an abortion. Or, she can choose to give birth.

Now, please remain on topic. If you wish to discuss abortion start a thread to that effect. Thank you.

Reactions: PsychoeDial
Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Funny,
In a thread about Free Speech, posters complaining about what's being posted.
Not funny at all. All in keeping with the rules of the forum. On topic with the original post that started the thread.Someone taking issue with my avatar so as to derail isn't in keeping with how threads should go.
Thanks.

Reactions: PsychoeDial
Upvote 0