Fran. Univ. of Steubenville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am new to this Christian Forums place, and I was wondering what the Catholic section here view about Franciscan University of Steubenville. I only ask because I am a theology student there and wondering whos been there whos there, and what everyone thinks about it.

GodBless,

David

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟37,907.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
One of my good friends graduated from there in May, and is returning for graduate studies next semester. I've never been there but from what I've heard it is wonderful. I wish I could go there just to be in one of Scott Hahn's classes!!

Upvote 0

BAChristian

Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.
Aug 17, 2003
Indiana
✟13,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
monapoli13 said:
well dont tell anyone but some classes Id rather have other teachers for some classes that he teaches.
Interesting...I've read a few of his books...elaborate?

Upvote 0
BAchristian said:
Interesting...I've read a few of his books...elaborate?

Oh I like him... alot. But there are alot of good teachers at Steubie. I just think its good to be taught by others than him, I dont think hes a bad teacher at all and some stuff he does is interesting, but theres alot of people besides him worth meeting. Sorry if I made it sound .. against him .. im not I just think some non famous people are pretty amazing just like him..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JeffreyLloyd

Ave Maria, Gratia plena!
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
monapoli13 said:
Lol are you serious? I mean I guess I could. I don;t know him but I know who he is - I seem on campus time to time...

:D

He's my hero. I'm Catholic today pretty much because of him. The man is a walking legend!!

Upvote 0
pax said:
I love FUS. I'd really like to go there, but my parents are a little apprehensive about sending me to Ohio for college (it's not that far, but I think it's a little far for them). I've only heard good things about it from everyone I've talked to that's gone there.

Well it isn't a perfect school but.. alot of good things are there,
however we dont all get up at 6am to say the Office either
:holy:
so u know id suggest coming to see it with ur parents or a parent. Thats what helped mine, besides all the people suggesting it.

God BLess ya

Upvote 0

Cathologetics

Peacemaker
Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
✟8,030.00
Faith
Catholic
Heya Jeff, why don't you sign up for the Bible Study Course or Defending the Faith Seminar there next summer! My cousin's wife went there last year and met both the Hahns. She got an autographed copy of a book by each for her and her husband. I can get some details on it from him if you are interested. Lemmeknow!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FullyMT

Veni Sancte Spiritus
Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hiya...umm...I'm just curious what it's like living on the campus. I've been to a few of the Stuebenville Conferences, and I'm considering going to the college.
The problem is though, I don't have time to check out the campus and I live in California. Is there much to do on and off the campus? I get the feeling that I'd love the atomosphere, but I need to stay active in things inside and outside the campus.

Upvote 0
FullyMT said:
Hiya...umm...I'm just curious what it's like living on the campus. I've been to a few of the Stuebenville Conferences, and I'm considering going to the college.
The problem is though, I don't have time to check out the campus and I live in California. Is there much to do on and off the campus? I get the feeling that I'd love the atomosphere, but I need to stay active in things inside and outside the campus.

Yes - Campus life is very active.

Scholastically it is challening.
It is the one US college I know of where its wierd to go home on weekends. Theres always different kinds of dances and events going on - on the weekends. We are about 45 min from Pittsburgh which is quite active. But that Campus life is always active. My wing of the dorm is rather active, and theres always people around. The household (on campus catholic college fraternities/sororieties ish kidna stuff is awesome. Festivals of Praise once a month, prayer meetings, 3 masses a day. Theres different types of ministry almost every day. Homeless ministry, Pro-Life Ministry, Elderly Ministry, Youth Ministry. eh.. its almost too active. There are also lots of missions going out of steubenville. About 50- 80 , maybe more are going out on missions over Christmas break alone.

Theres more but if you have any specifics feel free to ask. God bless :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.