Eastern Orthodox Neophyte
Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
✟30,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have. I've only been once; it is in a small Missouri town. I run into him occasionally. He is, I think, one of the founders of the St. Moses the Black brotherhood which has a conference every year at various locations around the US. St. Mary's of Egypt Orthodox Church in KC and Holy Archangel Michael Skete, north of Cameron, Missouri have close ties with Fr. Moses.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I grew up in a toxic household with racist parents, who tried to pass on their racism to us children. We all took to what we were taught in our youth, but as we have become adults, most of us have since left that vile hatred behind long ago, becoming our own people who know right from wrong. Watching this video on Father Moses makes me weep for my parents, my siblings and how we grew up, the couple of siblings who still hold on to this hatred, and for racism around the world. I simply must meet this priest.

• Prayers
Reactions: SaNcTaMaRiA
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to drive and see him this summer I think. Don't worry I won't take euchuarist. He's very inspiring.

I know it's a ways down the pike, but I'd love to hear what you thought if you go.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What an incredible man. He seems to have come to peace with the racism that affected his family and has forgiven those who did such things.

it's like Fr Roman Braga, who was tortured by the communists, who said the atheists could never take away his love for them.

Reactions: SaNcTaMaRiA
Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He certainly seems like a very holy man. My wife and I will take a trip. Been wanting this attend DL.

He is so forgiving. I can just see Christ in him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums