Fox News reports that Paul Johnson murdered in Saudi Arabia.

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently after Nick Berg, Crown Prince Abdullah mouthed peaceful platitudes to us and in Arabic told Saudia Arabia that it was all a Zionist plot. At least GWB said we will hunt them down and KILL them! This may be the only language that they understand. There was no statement of "bringing them to justice". God forgive me my anger, though not my sorrow! :cry:

Upvote 0

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
I laughed when I read this story. The complete hopelessness of dealing with people who have such a mentality is too much too take to heart and stay sane. I can't even fathom the drives of people like this. The worst part is these wackos probably are trying to provoke us just to attain martyr and underdog status to gain sympathy and support.

Ah well.

Upvote 0

hyperborean

May 22, 2004
✟850.00
Faith
Atheist
newlamb said:
Apparently after Nick Berg, Crown Prince Abdullah mouthed peaceful platitudes to us and in Arabic told Saudia Arabia that it was all a Zionist plot. At least GWB said we will hunt them down and KILL them! This may be the only language that they understand. There was no statement of "bringing them to justice". God forgive me my anger, though not my sorrow! :cry:
GWB is am incompetent loon IMO. By the way, thanks for all the prayers, it really helped alot! Action, not prayers is what we need. right?;)

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
devoted daughter said:
TRAGIC!!! :cry: :cry:

THere is a thread in prayers requests under edification for Paul and his friends, and family if you would like to join in prayer :pray:

God bless
DD

Thanks DD! I will be happy to join in with my prayers as well. Thanks again for letting us know. :hug:

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
hyperborean said:
GWB is am incompetent loon IMO. By the way, thanks for all the prayers, it really helped alot! Action, not prayers is what we need. right?;)

What we need at the moment is to share in our grief and not try to poke holes in people's beliefs. :sigh:

You don't believe fine your loss but for those of us who do it is a source of inspiration and comfort. I have no idea how people who have no faith get through.

Reactions: SuzQ
Upvote 0

kua2u

Seeker. . .
Jan 3, 2004
Smokey Mountains
✟7,969.00
Faith
Non-Denom
:cry: I am so sorry for his family and I hope they have a faith that says they WILL see him again. That doesn't help for right now, as I know he will be missed.

I don't have an answer to the conflict. I don't like what they've done. I don't think we can give in to demands with hostages==thereby creating more hostages.

The only thing I know I can do is pray, but not only for the family, others at risk, and the USA. I will also pray for the prepetrators of this horrible act. Why? Because I am told to do so [pray for your enemies, do good unto them that hurt you]. I'll pray for their hearts to soften, for light to come in to their souls. I'll pray I can do my part to make that true. I'll ask that I never 'hate' any people, even if they are hateful. I'll pray that I can understand that 3rd world countries often act and react with Old Testement solutions. But I'll pray I stay in the new covanent, in the New Testement, with JC. I'll ask to do whatever I can to help turn this around now. Even if that means, I have to go to the mean old man next door who does nothing but scream obcenities and shake his cane at me if I cut across his lawn, even if it means to ask if I can mow his lawn during the summer heat, or send him a loaf of newly baked bread, or wash his car. Yup, I'll pray for a willing and loving heart to do that. And hope that the ribble effect will carry the love foreward. I'll pray also that the anger I feel may be turned into something constructive...cause I see what hate can do.

Reactions: SuzQ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLovesUSo

Aug 18, 2002
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟360.00
Faith
Christian
eldermike said:
I hear you. Do you have any links to all the Muslim outrage over this? I can't seem to find any.
Good luck finding any significant ones. Oh yeah, we will get a few "This is not what Islam is about...and we condemn this strongly.." but if Islamic world really wanted to stop this terrorism they could real quickly.

As far as I'm concerned, we're just gonna get lip service from the Islamic world and behind the scenes it will be the the same old "well, it's because of America's policies that this happened..."

I hope I'm wrong this time...I really do....but, I don't think it will happen.

And I total agree on the principalities and powers scripture here and would add:
"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
JPPT1974 said:
People are sick and have no care nor concern nor mercy. And btw, the killer of Johnson, has been killed himself.

What?! Where did you hear that? Did they capture the guys??? Wow, I'll have to go a-checking for that piece of good news. (No, not good in that the killer is dead, just that at least ONE of these terrorists can no longer do such evil anyway).

Thanks JPPT!

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Kelly said:
Ephesians 6:12-13
We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Amen Kelly..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....NWHBTACRBAEKSFFA?type=topNews&storyID=5461212

RIYADH (Reuters) - Al Qaeda militants in Saudi Arabia beheaded American hostage Paul Johnson Friday and their leader was then killed in a shootout with security forces as he tried to dispose of the body, Saudi officials said. Abdulaziz al-Muqrin's Islamist group displayed photographs of the 49-year-old aviation engineer's severed head on a Web site. Shortly afterwards, as Muqrin and two other top militants deposited the body in the capital Riyadh, they were surrounded by Saudi security men and gunned down, a security source said.

I would have preferred they face justice, but I am nontheless glad they aren't running free after what they did.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
crystalpc said:
News is reporting 4 of these fiends have been killed!

Does anyone find it interesting that they were able to find and kill the perpetrators within hours of Johnson's murder, but they couldn't do it before? Maybe they were afraid that the butchers would talk. Just my cynical brain talking. :cry:

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
newlamb said:
Does anyone find it interesting that they were able to find and kill the perpetrators within hours of Johnson's murder, but they couldn't do it before? Maybe they were afraid that the butchers would talk. Just my cynical brain talking. :cry:

that was my first thought. :sigh:

Upvote 0